“Excellent - perfect in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cesar Resort & Spa

Cesar Resort & Spa
Ranked #211 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Callington, United Kingdom
“Excellent - perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a girlie short holiday - we felt very at ease and the hotel staff were extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. You were about 5-10 minutes away from the city (by taxi) and could relax in a calm and tranquil environment, perfect after a hectic day shopping in the souks! The food and spa were both excellent. The rooms were great and cleaned well. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in 2013 and we certainly were very impressed. We miss the place! It was luxury from the moment we got there. Staff, food, rooms , peace and quiet. It is around 10 mins to centre via taxi but the best thing is the secluded location. Thanks guys

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel was very clean and the service was stellar. The food was excellent and I really enjoyed my stay. The spa was very relaxing, especially the massage. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a getaway from the city.

• Stayed July 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here during Spring Break and I absolutely love it! The food is amazing and the desserts are outstanding as well! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. My spa experience was also really great. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to visit Marrakech!

Room Tip: The suites facing the pool are beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The service was great and very friendly. The room was clean. The pool deck was not over-crowded or excessivly noisy. The spa was clean and relaxing as well. Food was only ok though, which is why I didn't give it five stars.

It's also about a 10 minute taxi from the main square, so if you want to be near the city but not right in the middle of the chaos, this is a great choice.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel over the New Year 2013/2014. My stay was booked for 5 nights; however I left after three nights, even though I had pre paid for the accommodation for the five nights. I can honestly say that it is the worst hotel I have ever experienced.

I would urge anyone considering this hotel to think very seriously as the customer service and management’s ability to rectify problems is nonexistent. The hotel does not deliver on any level. It is superficial, tacky and misrepresentative.

As a frequent visitor to Marrakech, I would urge you to look elsewhere as there are much better hotels and Rhiads offering better value with honest customer focused management.
Firstly the location; The hotel is based way out of the centre and a sizeable amount of money was spent hiring taxis. The surrounding area can be compared to a building site!
The main reason for booking the hotel was for the spa facilities. We used the indoor pool just once as it was not heated adequately. The outdoor pool does not have the benefit of heating either.

The spa is badly maintained and very dirty with large amounts of dirt around the pool area from outdoor shoes! Given the state of the facilities, we did not book any spa treatments.

Room service is dreadful. Our food was delivered cold twice and it took almost two hours to achieve a hot meal. The breakfasts are average. Based on our experience, we choose not to use the hotel’s restaurant.

The hotel advertises Satellite TV; please note there is only one English channel CNN.

The corridor areas are not heated and are freezing cold at night. Windows were frequently left wide open.

The heating in our room did not work despite reporting this to the reception and three visits from the engineer. I was accused of misoperating the system which was untrue. On the third visit the engineer did indeed confirm that there was a problem with the system. By this time we had suffered three very uncomfortable cold nights of sleeping with our coats as extra blankets!

I approached the reception to advise them of my complete dissatisfaction and I was kept waiting for twenty minutes. When I approached them again I was told that because it was ‘New Years Eve’ there was no management to deal with my issues and I was to write a full report! The attitude of the reception staff was rude, arrogant and no help or assistance was offered.
I then decided to vacate the hotel and find alternative accommodation as I could not bear to stay another night.

Suffice to say the hassle of finding alternative accommodation on New Year’s Eve was stressful to say the least and as a result completely ruined our plans for the evening.

I have since written to the management of the hotel requesting a refund for the two nights that we did not stay at the hotel. Suffice to say I have not received a refund or a satisfactory response.

I have travelled all over the world and I can safely say that I have never experienced such awful hospitality and service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank BumbleBea007
cesarspa, Directeur général at Cesar Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear customer,

We are very sorry to read that you didn't apreciate the services provided in our property, and you also need to know that we do not accept your behaviour. You decided to leave the hotel in a very peak season that is new year period, and because we refused to pay back your booking (altough it was a non refundable booking as per your conditions), you started blackmailing the hotel with tripadvisor review. We still have all the emails you sent us asking to refund you or you put a bad review! can I remind you that you left our hotel without paying all your extra bill, your taxes, and your drinks (actions are taken against you for this)? If all what you were describing was real, you can imagine how many problems we could have faced in this very high season when the hotel was fully booked! and what is strange is that during the same period, we recieved excellent reviews for our hotel, and you were the only one who faced technical problems! I thing that there is a concern about this! I can, as we told you in our emails, certify, that our technical teams tried to assist you many times and found out that everything was ok with your room, and that you were complaining for nothing. You know, we often host clients, and we are always doing our best to make them happy; but when it comes to face someone who invents problems to avoid paying his bill, we can not do anything for him! Also it's very strange for someone who is used to visit Marrakech (as per what you are writing in your review) having reviewed only 1 place that is our property (the 2 other reviews you put is 1 for London and 1 for Birmingham), because your were supposed to stay 5 nights in Marrakech, and you left after 2?? so where did you spend the 3 remaining nights?? no review about any other property that has a better service than what we are providing; you know Marrakech as you say, so you should have spent the other nights somewhere you are used to go to?
It would have been much better to be honest from the beginning by telling us that you have to leave because of personnal problems, and may be we could have found a solution for your pay back.
Ashford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Firstly the pros:
- it's clean
- very comfy beds and nice linens
- the restaurant serves good food
- one of the ladies on reception is charming
- Yassin (?) one of the waiters is sweet and helpful and we had a nice light dinner served by him on the rooftop (very good salads and Moroccan rose wine)
- breakfast pastries and sliced oranges lovely
Now the cons:
- soul less
- most of the staff look miserable
- wi-fi is rubbish - constantly dropping out
- spa didn't have towels (had to ask for one) and wasn't open to swim on Monday at 10am (when it should have been)
- room has a coffee machine but you are rationed to one pod per person a day (and we had to ask one day)
- some of the breakfast buffet was not fresh
- guests are allowed to smoke in the lounge area next to the bar which I'm sure some guests love but it not great for non-smokers
- road noise in the rooms opposite Agdal gardens even with patio doors closed
- 'night club' DJ on roof top one afternoon drove us back downstairs as it was really really loud
To sum up, not a five star by European or US standards but charging 5 star prices. I'll stick to a Riad again next time. Morocco is lovely as are the people who live there, and the Cesar spa and resort is not a reflection of the true Morocco.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Kazlet
cesarspa, Directeur général at Cesar Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 December 2014
Dear Valuable Customer,

Thank you very much for your stay at Cesar Resort & Spa and your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry to read that you had unpleasant experience.

We wish to inform you that from the 15th December 2014 a British management team has taken over. We are reviewing all the customers comments and we are working on the necessary changes to meet your expectations and provide the high quality service we are known for.
We hope to see you again soon in Cesar Resort & Spa.

Best Regards