“Practically Perfect in Every Way”
Review of Riad Vanilla sma

Riad Vanilla sma
Ranked #31 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I travelled to Morocco on my own and was very nervous to visit Morocco as a single woman. I was lucky enough to stay at Riad Vanilla Sma. I cannot thank the staff enough for looking after me. They organized a trip the Hamman – divine. The staff organized sightseeing tours and a cooking class for me. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I would recommend that if you are staying at the Riad that you get the staff to organize any tours for you.

The Riad is just a 5 minute walk to the main square, souks and shopping. I rented a mobile phone from the Riad so they were just a call away if I needed any help or lost. The food is wonderful and they were able to cater for all of my allergies, or they can recommend a restaurant in the area. I recommend breakfast on the roof.

My room was beautiful and the perfect sanctuary from busy days. Nellie and her staff are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I recommend staying at Vanilla Sma Riad if you are travelling to Marrakech. I loved my trip so much I will be returning to Marrakech will definitely be staying at Vanilla Sma Riad again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Riad Vanilla sma

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went on a study abroad trip and was lucky enough to stay at Riad Vanilla Sma for 3 days in May. It was my first time in Morocco this was the first place on our itinerary. It was a perfect introduction to Marrakesh. The riad is located about 5-6 minutes past Jemaa el Fna, the main square. The staff was accommodating; they arranged for us to go on a walking tour of Marrakesh and even assisted in booking our class a visit to the hammam (bathhouse).

The roof top terrace was wonderful; there are a few lounge chairs and a nice tables with benches and pillows. Each morning, the gracious staff served us breakfast on the terrace. The breakfast was probably my favorite meal during our stay. We had pistachio yogurt, fruit, omelets, croissants, coffee and orange juice. The orange juice was fresh squeezed and unbelievable.

The rooms were very clean and modern. Each has an AC unit too, which was nice during the day. My bathroom was really fantastic - there was a giant, deep tub that was perfect for relaxation. The riad is down one of the side streets, so it was very quiet and peaceful, but only a minutes walk to the souks and shopping!

I would recommend this riad for family, friends, and couples. I hope to visit again. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My mother and I very much enjoyed our stay at Riad Vanialla sma - our first introduction to Marrakesh and Morocco. Great modern tasteful interior, close to the market square, delicious breakfasts and friendly staff. We also enjoyed our private hammam, the only one we experienced, in the privacy of the house and it was a unique experience. Congratulations to the owner on creating such a welcoming environment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had the most wonderful honeymoon here. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The riad was beautiful and the perfect private place to retire for some peace and quiet from the surrounding busy streets.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely time. The riad was very nice and modern with a hint of Moroccan theme. The location of the riad was excellent. The riad is located 5 mins from the square and was very convenient.

The breakfast was very delicious and varied everyday.

Redwin was the riad manager whilst our stay and he was awesome. He was very kind, helpful and approachable. Redwin spoke excellent English for those who speak limited french. The maids were great too.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

we stay 3 nights at jamila suit in this amaizing rird.
the perfect location(less the 5 min walk to the squre),the brekfest,the room& most of all the service and hospitality of nelly and her staff.
many thanks for all !
udi& tal

Room Tip: the jamila suit is recommended
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fantastic food. The breakfasts were excellent and the evening meal tagines and salads different each night and all delicious. Hammam and massage were definately worth having. Location ideal for the souks and square.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple