All reviewsthe main squarebab aylenfamily run riadmoroccan familyroof terraceairport transferbusy medinado's and don'tsdetailed mapbreakfast was amazingmint teathe ground floorevery morningtucked awayjemaa elrooms are beautifulnice riad
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Riad Tamarrakecht is very special. From the moment we stepped into the front door to the time we left four days later, our experience at this riad was fantastic. Sara greeted us when we arrived and was very accommodating, charming, and helpful. After providing an informative orientation, she led us to our room - what a great space! The room was beautifully designed and decorated by her father, who is an architect. There is a rooftop terrace for relaxing and dining. It was a pleasure to have their excellent breakfast on the terrace each morning.

Marrackecht is a great city to explore. Since the city is such a pleasurable assault on the senses, it was wonderful to return to the oasis of the riad in the evening to relax from all of the day's activity.

If you are considering Riad Tamarrakecht for your stay in Marrackecht, don't hesitate to book a room here. You will very happy that you did so.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Riad is a good one, I can't fault the service of the guys there - impeccable service they provide for their guests. Guests are treated to a lovely welcome reception with mint tea (spiked with an insane amount of sugar) and moroccan pastries/sweets and directions to the main square with a make shift not to scale map which comes in very handy the first time you're weaving your way through the side streets.

I've rated the Riad quite lowly in comparison to the average reviews here because of the following reason below;

I stayed in the room beside the kitchen which has its downsides - as I was in Marrakech to chill out, my days started pretty late in the day and any attempts at a relaxing lie in was ruined from all the chaos, noise and music from the kitchen.

Also, for solo travellers intending to make use of their airport transfer; watch out for the price they quote. In the email, airport transfer is 8 euros however that's conditional to there being at least 2 people in the car - if you're there alone you are charged 16 euros (which I found out whilst checking out before dashing to the airport).

The roof terrace whilst being an open space to chill out and eat has somewhat underwhelming views but they've usually got music playing.

Asides from those slight issues listed above, it's actually a decent place to stay. The guys speak decent amount of English for non Arabic and french speakers and provide recommendations on activities (in the unlikely event one hasn't done that much research into things).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ayodeji O
Reviewed 27 October 2013

When you first get to Marrakech, it can be slightly overwhelming, but as soon as you step into Riad Tamarrakecht, you immediately feel at home. This family business has THE FRIENDLIEST, most lovely staff imaginable. After a cup of mint tea, a few little biscuits, a nice conversation, and 20 minutes on the very chill, very cool rooftop terrace, we were immediately so thankful we stayed here.
A what's more, its super affordable too! We stayed in 4 Riads during our time in Morocco, and this is by FAR the best.
Stay at this Riad, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed for two nights in September and from the moment we stepped in from the dusty, arid, manic streets outside we immediately knew we were somewhere special. We were met with Smiles in abundance as we were checked in and shown around their beautiful riad and home, and this was a recurring theme throughout our stay with all members of the family. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the communal area and it was perfect for our needs especially being not too hot at night as it had air con. Wifi is touch and go in the room but just next door in the communal area with its vast array of couches and corners to laze and stretch out you will get reception no problem. Breakfasts are legendary and can be taken anywhere in the riad. The staff did so much for us during our stay and we were so sad to be leaving to another riad during our marrakesh stay. Lastly, I cannot believe the price of this place as it truly is one of the most outstanding places I have ever been.

Room Tip: Just don't stay anywhere else in marrakesh!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a gem of a place to stay and really amazing value compared to other riads in the medina. The breakfast, in a terrace with a romantic Bedouin-style tented area and several friendly cats (and spectacular but not so friendly cacti!) was particularly impressive. Unlike other Marrakech breakfasts which are usually continental, this was a two-course feast with delicious cooked eggs and peppers followed by a basket of pastries. Extra touches like hairdyers, robes and a big bowl of fruit in the room on arrival were really special and unexpected in this price range. The young man who greeted us with mint tea and pastries also hand-drew a map for us and helped us to orient ourselves. This riad is quite a way from the Jmaa el Fnar square so people who get easily lost should be cautious and take a card for the hotel (and their hand-drawn map) with them.
The staff were super friendly - so friendly, in fact, that when I made a mistake about the conversion rate from Euros to Dirham, they agreed with me (even though I was wrong) and charged me less money than I should have paid. I felt really bad about this afterwards! But it only makes me write an even more glowing review now!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family