All reviewsthe main squarebab aylenfamily run riadmoroccan familyroof terraceairport transferbusy medinado's and don'tsdetailed mapbreakfast was amazingmint teathe ground floorevery morningtucked awayjemaa elrooms are beautifulnice riad
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic dip into Moroccan culture! The Riad was so beautiful and so typically Morrocan. Our hosts Sara and her family looked after us very well and we felt like nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are stunning as is the roof terrace. We were moved due to building work
Which gave us an opportunity to see two rooms, the second of which was the honeymoon room!
We can't recommend them enough but if you do book pay for the airport transfer. I can't imagine making the journey without a guide for a first timer in Marakesh!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Riad Tamarrakecht is a peaceful and relaxing riad in the heart of the bustling medina of Marrakech. Sara and Mukhtar are extremely friendly and helpful and Sara provided a number of hints, tips and pieces of advice as well as a wonderful hand-drawn map to allow us to get to the Jemaa el-Fna and back. We stayed in two different rooms on the second floor and both were equally comfortable. At night it was so dark and quiet inside the rooms, I think I had some of the best nights' sleep of my life. Breakfast was enormous with a large variety of different foods and it kept us going until late in the day. It's worthwhile to take up their offer of a transfer from the airport as Marrakech is difficult to navigate at first. Otherwise, the taxis (which you can take from nearby Bab Aylen) are very inexpensive and a good way of getting around. Overall, Riad Tamarrakecht represents excellent value for money and is a good base from which to explore Marrakech.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights towards the end of October. In summary we loved it here. Sara and Mukhtar were so helpful in ensuring we found our way around and with organising transfers for which we were really grateful. Our room was lovely and we both really enjoyed taking breakfast on the roof terrace. The Riad is an easy 10 minute walk from Djemarr El Fna and we were grateful not to be more central than this, it was no hardship at all walking in for the evening, at no stage did we feel intimidated wandering around Marrakech in the evening. Our only slight gripe and reason for not giving 5 stars was we did find the Riad quite noisy... as we were on the ground floor we were always woken by people arriving, breakfast being organised and quite often they stayed up late watching telly quite loudly just outside the room... really is nitpicking as meant the family were always pleasant but is worth taking into consideration and if this would really bother you would be worth asking not to be on the groundfloor. All in all we would absolutely visit and stay here again.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor rooms if you are a light sleeper or may want a lie in in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElleC80
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My mom and I stayed at Riad Tamarrakecht in early October. My mom lived in Morocco 40 years ago and this was her first trip back. The Riad arranged an airport transfer which was really great, at the old streets of Marrakech are impossible to navigate on your first day. Riad is not in the centre of Marrakech close to the big square, but rather a 15 min walk away. The was actually really nice, as you had to leave the tourism and enter a real neighbourhood that people from Marrakech live in.

The price was perfect for the room. Our room was on the ground floor and very good sized. Bathroom was clean and hot water everytime for a shower. The first day the smell in the room was almost too strong of cleaning products but it dissipated while we were there.

Breakfast was great. We took it one day on the room and one day in the lobby. Great little Moroccan omelet.

The staff made this Riad. The family care for each guest. They take time to draw a very good map for the guests to make sure they can find their way back to the Riad at the end of the nigh. They spoke over an hour with my mom and I about Morocco and how it has changed since my mom lived there. Sara and her brother even took me out one night and walked around the main square. The showed me authentic moroccoan experiences including drinking a unique tea and eating snails. They told me about their life, school and aspirations. This was really a great start to my trip.

I would recommend this to anyone visiting Marakech

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Riad Tamarrakecht is very special. From the moment we stepped into the front door to the time we left four days later, our experience at this riad was fantastic. Sara greeted us when we arrived and was very accommodating, charming, and helpful. After providing an informative orientation, she led us to our room - what a great space! The room was beautifully designed and decorated by her father, who is an architect. There is a rooftop terrace for relaxing and dining. It was a pleasure to have their excellent breakfast on the terrace each morning.

Marrackecht is a great city to explore. Since the city is such a pleasurable assault on the senses, it was wonderful to return to the oasis of the riad in the evening to relax from all of the day's activity.

If you are considering Riad Tamarrakecht for your stay in Marrackecht, don't hesitate to book a room here. You will very happy that you did so.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple