All reviews the main square bab aylen family run riad moroccan family roof terrace hand drawn map airport transfer busy medina do's and don'ts detailed map every morning breakfast was amazing the ground floor tucked away jemaa el nice riad rooms are beautiful
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My partner and I stayed in this Riad for a week mid December. The Riad is small but homely and has an authentic feel. We stayed in two of the rooms available both of which were very pleasant. The food we requested for our night of arrival was better than much of the food we experienced in top restaurants during our stay. What makes this place so very good is the owner. The owner is English speaking and she went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed for a terrific break. No request was too difficult and believe me my partner made plenty!!! I have no hesitation in adding my 5 rating to the many others this Riad has achieved.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francis M
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed there 3 nites with my son.
Very caring and lovely family run Riad. Only 15 minutes from Main Square. Nice Breakfast
on the roof, pleanty of items, with Fresh Orange Juice make our day refreshing.
Will come back again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had a very relaxed stay here.
Sara and Mokhtar are nice and welcoming! You get greeted Mint tea and moroccan sweets on arrival.
We stayed one night in the Bab Agnaou and two nights in the Bab Ighli.
Both pretty rooms with very comfy beds. There is no wifi reception inside the Bab Ighli though in case that is important to you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheekyjules
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed Mid December. Airport pickup was prompt well-arranged no hassle, very glad we took the option as the guy walked us to the door and waited till Sara opened the door.

Very warm welcome, the raid looked gorgeous. Was satisfied with our room the only down side was the toilet had a strong smell of the drainage system.

The explanation and map Sara gave us was very helpful, good advice on our first day which saved us loads of hassle and time throughout the trip.

Will definitely recommend as Sara and her brother make you feel at home and quite relaxed, they are very friendly and welcoming.

Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fanexgal
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed there with my husband and parents the first week in December and it was incredible. The best points were:

a) We were greeted with mint tea and Moroccan sweets.

b) The whole hotel is very clean and extremely well decorated. You really feel like you're in Morocco.

c) Sara (the daughter and hotel manager) is sweet, friendly and helpful.

d) The breakfast (served in the rooftop terrace) is great!

e) It's only a 15 minute walk (slow walk) to the main square and market.

f) You REALLY experience Morocco because the hotel is located in the Old Town where you don't find tourists until you reach the market.

We totally recommend this hotel!
Love to you Sara!
Patrícia, Eduardo, Rita and Paulo (Brazilian family)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family