Riad Tamarrakecht
    Great 4.5/5
    Riad Marianis(Marrakech)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Pool
    All reviewsbab aylenfamily run riadthe main squareroof terracemoroccan familyairport transfergreen roombusy medinadetailed maproom was beautifully decoratedmint teagreat showerbreakfast was amazingmin walkthe ground floorevery morningtucked away
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 June 2014

Riad Tamarrakecht is the perfect base within the bustling medina. The riad is impeccably decorated. We stayed for 4 days and stayed in 3 of the rooms, each unique, luxurious, and beautiful. The breakfast on the terrace is the perfect start to any day. Sara's welcome started our trip with a great energy. She and her family are excellent hosts. The location is perfect if you want to get a glimpse of what local life in the medina is like. Getting lost is inevitable but by the end we felt confident getting around the medina. I will tell anyone I know who is going to Marrakech to stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Vix313
    Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mother and I stayed at this Riad and the end of our recent trip to Morocco. It was a lovely end to our stay!
    The Riad itself is beautiful, with stunning bedrooms, and the food was the best had during our trip. We had clean fridge with water and juices, and the room had air conditioning. Once you know the route to the main square, its easy to find and takes only 10 minutes. But most importantly the family who run the Riad were the most charming people you could imagine. They were very helpful in giving us directions and ideas of things to do. I had my phone stolen and they extremely kind in helping us with the ordeal, they went out of their way to make sure i had every chance of getting it back.
    I can't recommend this Riad enough, and i will definitely stay here again when i return to Morocco!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at this riad at the start of our trip to Morocco, and it was a great introduction to Marrakech. It's absolutely true that the location won't be for everyone - if you want a more generic holiday experience you're best off staying in the new town. But if you want an authentic experience Tamarrakecht is a great place to be, as you're really in the thick of it.

Sara booked a car to collect us from the airport (note: apparently there are two possible exits from arrivals, so check both if you can't find the driver) and arranged for us to have dinner at the riad on the first night. We had the green room on the first floor and it was very pretty indeed. The whole riad was very clean and - thank god - our room had air conditioning and a fridge. The food was very good - we had lunch once, dinner once and breakfast each day on the nice little roof terrace - and good value too. Sara also booked us into the Alhambra spa for a hammam, which I can't recommend enough.

The riad is family run, and you can really tell. The whole family were super welcoming and helpful, from giving us a map to help navigate to the main square (a bit fiddly the first time, but fine after that and only 10 mins or so walk) to telling us what everything ought to cost. I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tamarrakecht.

Room Tip: Green room on the first floor!
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank gloryindustries
    Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in this riad on my first trip to Marrakech, and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was so helpful in giving us directions and ideas of things to do, as well as making sure we were having a comfortable stay. The riad is about 10-15 minutes from the square and is beautifully decorated. The room my boyfriend and I stayed in was spacious and lovely. I hope to make it back here someday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Taylor S
    Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first trip to Morocco, and I was so glad we booked this riad for our days in Marrakech. The rooms are lovely and unique, and the whole atmosphere is warm and relaxed. Sara made sure we knew our way to and from the souks before we went out, and I'm so glad she did because its crazy out there and people on the streets give you all sorts of silly directions. I was there with my 8 year old son, and he says that what he liked at the riad was that Sara and Mohktar were so friendly and that they have a great puppy to play with. This is the kind of place where they will help in any way they can. I recommend getting an airport transfer with them because it would be difficult to find the riad on your own.

Room Tip: The rooms are all close to each other. There is not a bad room there. You can make the rooms nice and dark.
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family