“Great Service and Location”
Review of Riad Mirage

Riad Mirage
Ranked #168 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 9 August 2013

If I was supposed to point out an opportunity area, i would have to give up... all great, and the service outstanding.

The rooms are cozy, the decoration and facilities very traditional and clean, and the terrace is outstanding.

Thanks for your hosting.

Elisa and Ignacio
*stayed in Apr-13

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ignacio1212

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The riad is a true Oasis, it's a traditional Moroccan place which definitely gives you a better experience and authentic taste of Marrakech. Very central too, only 3 minutes walk to the main square. We were greeted with Morrocan tea and biscuits on our arrival, the riad can also arrange for transportation from and to the airport. My friend and I stayed in the twin room "Evasion", though the beds are small we had a very comfortable stay. Monique and her team were so lovely to us. We booked an outing day trip and had to leave the riad by 7am, we didn't expect to be served breakfast but Monique made special arrangements just for us!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jude T
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Definitely the nicest place we stayed at in Morocco. The Riad is fabulous, a very beautiful and authentic Moroccan place to stay. Monique and her husband are beautiful hosts and make very tasty Moroccan tea. They treat you like family and the staff are also wonderful. The rooms were amazing, very clean and spacious, and the air-conditioning was incredible in 50 degree heat!! They prepared a beautiful dinner and breakfast every morning, and the WiFi had a great signal in every single room. Not to mention the roof top spa and tanning deck - I could rave about this place for ages!! The Riad was only a short walk from the main square and some great restaurants. I miss it already! I could not recommend it more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This riad is a beautfully appointed haven just a few minutes walk fom the central square. The rooms are clean and cool ( great air conditioning), Monique and her team are gracious hosts, who despite the language barriers still attended to all our needs. We were served very nice breakfast and had a delicious evening meal our first night there. I also took advantage of the hammam which was also at the riad. Overall a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank aussiet0urist
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Just back from a very special place, Riad Mirage. From the minute Ayoub met us at Jemaa el-Fna until he took us back across the square on our last day, we all knew we would return one day to Marrakech and that the visit would be back to the Mirage. This is a lovely riad, with amazing staff, and beautifully appointed rooms. Nothing is any trouble and despite Monique not speaking a lot of English this was never a problem with our knowledge of school days French! If we wanted anything, we asked and we received. Ayoub, Amina the cook's son, was the loveliest boy and would sit with us 3 middle aged women at night and chat away about everything under the sun. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I can't understand why people would want to spend so much money on somewhere like La Mammounia. A big, impersonal pretentious place, when you have this gem of a place in the heart of the Medina. I know where I'd rather stay. Keep up the good work Monique, Chiref, Amina and Ayoub. I hope to return very soon. Inshallah.

Room Tip: Our room, Room 5 was very good and quiet but as there were only six rooms, I cannot see that there w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank loujack
Reviewed 6 June 2013

There are riads and there are riads. From the moment you walk through the door of Riad Mirage, you enter into a world of calmness, serenity and simple elegance.

I arrived late, 00:30hrs, with a cold & very tired; my stay here had been arranged by Rough Tours who contacted them on my arrival and despite the hour, I was cheerfully met outside the medina by Aziz the night manager, to accompany me to the riad. As I was to spend 3 nights here, the next day I chose to totally relax, starting with a late breakfast on the roof terrace; breakfasts consist of msemen & beghrir (moroccan pancakes) fresh bread, croissant, choice of confitures, cheese, coffee and fresh orange juice.

Two hours later I was luxuriating in one of the best hammams I have had in Morocco, followed by a massage which literally turned me into liquid. I also arranged to dine in that evening and after a further couple of hours, enjoyed an excellent harira accompanied by dates, eggs & bread and a relaxing glass of Moroccan rose on the terrace.

Monique, her husband & staff are all delightful; you feel totally at home within their home; nothing is too much trouble. Each morning or evening I would be asked how I was feeling; was there anything I needed.

This elegant riads’ decor has a soft grey marble floored courtyard, crisp white walls, burgundy drapes in various shades throughout. Bedrooms have crisp white linen embroided in traditional cross-stitch design in red, the bathrooms have soft white towels embossed in red with the riads’ initials and beautiful toiletries.

The riad is very easy to find within the medina; just a five minute walk from Djemaa el-Fna

My stay was just perfect. I highly recommend Riad Mirage.
I also recommend RoughTours who arranged my stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Very nice and beautiful Riad near the square. The owner Monique was very friendly and helpful and so are the staffs there. Even though they did not speak much english, but they are always there to help with any problems and arranging tours. Monique arranged a day tour for us around Marrakech, the tour guide spoke very good english and showed us all the tourist attractions and the souks. She also made sure that we were safe around media or where we go(as we were two girls travelling on our own for the first time in morocco). The rooms were cleaned everyday, clean bathroom with very nice toiletries and clean towels. We didnt hear any of the prayer calls while we stayed at the hotel which is a plus as we thought they would be very loud. Breakfast was very nice, we had moroccan crepes, fresh orange juice from their tree in the courtyard and there was a variety of teas. We had a meal on the last day before we left for the airport, Amina made couscous and it was amazing compared to the other places where we had couscous. Overall, I felt very homey when staying there with Monique and her staff's caring, I will definitely come back again when I go to Marrakech.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends