Rose Garden Resort & Spa
US$125
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Riad Abaca Badra(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$83
Hotels.com
Riad Alnadine(Marrakech)
Riad Badi(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent a week at Terre Resort and we can say we made the right choice. A the beginning we were not sure about the distance between the resort and the center of Marrakech, about 10' by cab, but after a full day experience in the mess in dowtown we have been happy to find some peacefulness. The swimming pool is spectacular as well as the entire building. The breakfast is really good, but maybe is the only thing that should be improved, especially in terms of food selection. The sandwiches, drinks and pool service is very very good and also the spa: we had a 4hands massage pool front and it was amazing. The room is huge and clean. We highly recommended this place.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Overall a good 3 star, do not expect a 5 star and you will then not be dissapointed. The rooms are large and well furnished but the cleaners need a kick up the backside, dont' check under the bed, or window sills, dust and fluff awaits you. There is no choice at breakfast you are served fruit, cold meats, cheese and pastries on several different platters, lovely though it is a choice would be good. The pool area is great and there are plenty loungers and umbrella's.

There is a real problem with gettiing towels for the loungers, bottles of water and general service by the pool, the staff are helpful but are totally run off there feet. If you expect your requests to be actioned quickly then forget it, expect to wait up to an hour or two for towels and a little less for other requests.

Beware of the French guests who thrash their children within an inch of their lives, maybe the hotel could employ a resident Child Protection Officer to keep the French guests from assaulting their children.

On the whole a decent 3 star hotel with iffy cleaners and slow service, if you can get past this and the French guests performing GBH on their children then you will have a good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMC
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I just arrived back from a week stay here with my wife and daughter.

To summarize our feelings, we were met at the airport on time, which was great, the staff were all extremely friendly when we arrived at the hotel, not all spoke English, but most spoke French and some Spanish too which was helpful.

The pool area and rooms were lovely, big, well designed and comfortable. Our bed was fine, i didn't even turn on the television as im not on holiday for that so cant comment on that area, though my daughter did watch some cartoons in Arabic which she enjoyed.

The food was actually not at all bad, i read some negative reviews on here about the food, but we ate the Moroccan dishes which were all very pleasant. Though certainly over priced. Drinks we didn't order as we came equipped with our own duty free.

The main area that let it down for me was that the pool side furniture and the furniture around the resort needs replacing, toward the end of the resort there is a second (and third) pool that is not maintained, the place has been left to degenerate which is odd as it would not take much to whip it into shape. Just a bit of initiative, to remove the old worn and torn furniture (which i may add is likely the result of the weather conditions, when we were there it was extremely hot and leather couches outside are not suited to this).

The fact that this lets the resort down has created a strange atmosphere when you stay there, most other people who we met at the hotel appeared quite dissatisfied with the place, me personally, and my wife and daughter found it fine. The staff were lovely with my daughter and she also met some other children there and had a fabulous time playing in the pool on the days when we stayed at the hotel. Most of the time we were out and it was nice to get out of the madness of Marrakech to a hotel outside the city with some peace and quiet when the day was over.

We also took a day trip into the Atlas Mountain waterfalls, which for us was the best day of the holiday, the driver was very friendly and took great care to make sure we enjoyed our day.

Some of the negative reviews on here go way over the top, its not the best hotel ive ever stayed in, but its certainly not the worst.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BenjaminHurley
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I had to organise a week-long business trip with very little notice. The rates for an Executive Suite at this hotel within a short driving to the Golf Palace where I had my meetings . In fact, they were cheaper than those of nearby Holiday Inns and other chain hotels in the neighborhood. I was expecting therefore to have to settle with perhaps dated bathrooms or low quality furniture or something. I was very relieved to find that the room was not only stunningly decorated and quiet, but massive! I had a huge bedroom, very spacious living room and terrace , entrance hall, dressing area, and a huge bathroom with separate shower to the jacuzzi bath. The bed was ever so comfy and soft. There was also a safe in one of the closets. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and eager to help my stay in the city be a pleasant one. They even helped me obtain difficult to get around , tips of what to avoid, etc.. Very helpful! On the Saturday morning I decided to have breakfast in the hotel as there was plenty of options; continental, Moroccan but very plentiful. I shall be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex l
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Guys... This is not the place to go if you intend on exploring the city of Marrakech and with a budget. It is quite simply too far away from the city and costs a lot to travel around - especially with the hotel's extortionist driver costs.

This was my first "exploring" type trip on my own and this was not the ideal place to stay at. I've realized through trial and error, although quite obvious, location is key with the hotel you stay at and getting to cool places. Also researching on whether the hotel has English speaking drivers and tour guides and checking prices is essential for a good stay.

First impressions count and this place did not make a good impression.

I inquired via email about a pick up from the hotel and the cost and they replied back stating the price (250 dirhams - which is a rip off) and what time my flight is. I then sent an email stating I did not want the pick up. When I then arrived at the hotel this was among the first things they tried to get off me - saying the driver was waiting for me, without me even confirming the pick up. Very unprofessional. I ended up fighting my point off that I only inquired.

Make no mistake - this hotel is quite far on the map of Marrakech from Djemaa el Fna and therefore travelling costs a lot. For 3 hours it costs 450 dirhams, for a driver who does not speak english to pick and drop you to places (some which he doesn't know where they are) - with a return to the hotel. It costs 150 dirhams for a one way trip to Djemaa el Fna. As you can see it will cost quite a bit over the course of 4-5 days. And they ask for cash in hand before the journey. They can't put it on your bill apparently as it's a different process. This got very unprofessional at times - with people asking me for money whilst relaxing at the pool. And the driver's coming 20 minutes early or 20 minutes late.

This place does not have first aid! I cut my foot during the stay and they did not have a plaster. I asked the main receptionist at first - who said no initially. Then with some digging with the other bar staff I finally got a few plasters.

The breakfast is ok. But is the same every day. It's not really a buffet as I was expecting a line of food that you fill your plate with. It's cheese, turkey slices, croissants, boiled egg and fruits etc... You can get bored quite easily after a few days. They also charge a lot for a bottle of water (25 dirhams) and cans of fizzy drinks (30 dirhams) and you will get quite thirsty.

The pool is ok - but quite small I'd say if the hotel was full.

Don't be fooled by the website pictures etc... The rooms are not that great. Pillows are very rough.

They did not have plug transformers for charging my Iphone, but with some persistence - I finally got one from them after a day or two.

There are however, some nice workers there who speak good English and can give you advice on places to visit etc.

I will advise you guys to find something closer to the main attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo