“Nice Place for a light Meal in Gueliz”
Review of Cafe Solaris - CLOSED

Cafe Solaris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice Place for a light Meal in Gueliz”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Situated on Avenue Mohamed V just a short walk from the Plaza in Gueliz (Marrakech new city) this cafe/restaurant is a very nice place to stop for a bite to eat. Outdoor seating is pleasant, overlooking the road if you want to watch the world go by. Service is very good. Fruit juices were excellent.
Other reviews have commented on the good food so I am willing to accept that I may have just been unlucky. I had Beef Tagine which comprised a small very fatty lump of beef with some broken bones in it (some fragments quite sharp and a bit dangerous) and a very small quantity of french beans and peas. No couscous or anything else so even if it was nice it would have been a very poor quantity for a meal. So for me, even though everything else seemed good the main course was extremely poor.

• Visited February 2013

Hayling, null, United Kingdom
“Excellent Juices”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I had a chicken Tagine which was excellent and also enjoyed the free olives they brought before the meal. I found the Tagine was fine for a snack but as a meal would not be enough and I would advise ordering some couscous with it (which I was expecting). Don't expect any alcohol as it is not available.

• Visited January 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

We ate here a total of 3 times on our trip because it was cheap, very good food, with good service.

We tried the tagines, pizza, kebab/grill, couscous and omelettes from this place and had no problems, was fresh and delicious food each time.

Like others have said, the peach juice was to die for, and the pineapple and orange juices were just as delicious

Utrecht
“France heritage, Moroccan cuisine”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

We stumbled on to this place when looking for our first night dinner and drinks. Very friendly and helpful staff. We ordered two vegetarian meals and I went for the goat tajine (love it). The soup we had to return for the vegetarians because there could be meat in it, I did not taste it though... Bread and soup was from the house which gives the place a welcome atmosphere. There are two big Apple computers for Internet and we certainly going to try the juices another day! Over all a fine place sit down and people gaze for a while, because there where some eccentric locals as there were your average tourist bunch...

Sydney, Australia
“Terrible service, average food”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

I was so dissapointed by our experience here that I have jumped on trip advisor immediately to write this review. The service was SHOCKING. My husband and I were not ackowledged for about 10 minutes, I called over the waiter who reluctantly dragged himself to our table. We aske for menus, finally he returned after 10 minutes with them. The waiting game had only just begun, drinks another 15 minutes, food (2 pizzas) took 50 MINUTES We were only one of 2 tables eating so we struggled to understand why it took so long. Dont bother going here, there are so many better options like Le Foundouk near the souks.