“Paradise just outside of central Marrakech”

Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa
Ranked #79 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I booked 3 nights at the Pullman Marrakech through Secret Escapes and was seriously impressed by this resort. It is about a 15 min drive outside of central Marrakech in the desert so is a welcome respite from the madness of the city. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They run a free shuttle service to and from the city and no request was too much for them. The room was lovely and I wanted to take the bed and duvet home with me as they were so comfortable! The pool area is beautiful and I would happily have stayed there for many more days. I would certainly recommend this as a great place to go for a recharge from work.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a 3-5 min walk from the restaurant/pool/reception but they have golf carts to drive y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwipip75
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest

Your feedback regarding your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa is truly humbling.

We appreciate the time you took to provide your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time to you visit!

See you soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

We leave tomorrow after 3 days of genuine 5 star bliss. So peaceful at this time of the year, we have been very lucky with the weather.
We have travelled all around the world and even lived in Dubai for 15 years so not novices. This resort is superb in every way, not too far from the airport and all the excursion operators pick up from the hotel which has its own free shuttle into town.
The room is excellent, superbly furnished, with powerful and steaming showers. Food also has been very good in all of the restaurants and in the bar. Staff are attentive, polite and courteous at all times.
All the negative comments posted previously are so untrue.
Thank you so much as Clint Eastwood says "we'll be back"

1  Thank John B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this positive review following your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and the services offered to our guests

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The hotel and level of service delivered by the staff in the Pullman Hotel was perfect from the moment we walked into the hotel to the moment we left. The complex is well laid out with nice deco touches and is spotlessly clean everything about the Pullman hotel was brilliant. This is definitely a very good resort and one we will endeavor to stay in if we return to Marrakesh.

The food was 5*, the evening meals always had a good selection of vegetarian/meat/local dishes fresh fruit/ dessert (the little pastry dessert are so good) and they had a chiefs on standby who was extremely friendly to talk to and he would tell us about each of the dishes he prepared and he would also go out of his way to cook you a fresh dish.

The breakfast were equally as good with a large selection to choose from, thank you to the chief who made me fresh omelettes every morning and the waiting staff just keep the coffee coming (what more could you ask for)

Thank you to all the staff at the Pullman hotel.

On another note to those traveling to Marrakesh for the first time, be on your guard when your out and about, if you take a map out to check directions be prepared to be hassled or promised a guided tour to all the cheapest shops for free and they will take you to a distant cousin/relative/ex postmen who will lie through their teeth to get your cash and the prices will be over inflated (only after this they will then ask for money and they will try to intimidate you until you hand over money (when they ask how long you've been in Marrakech say you've been there for a few days at least, otherwise its lamb to the slaughter), from what I learnt take some old clothes with you if you travel into Jemaa el-Fnaa you'll blend in better and will not get hassled as much)

Also one other tactic they tried is to watch the free shuttle bus pull up with Pullman Hotel written down the side and wait til all the guest got out at the collection/pickup points an then approach you as your walking off and say they work for the hotel and they'll show you round, its all bull$"!^. Look out for their teeth most people who do this have knashers like the clown in Stephen King film IT, don't buy it.

I do understand this is all part of the culture and the whole experience of going to Marrakesh and I wouldn't want it to change, we had a really good holiday and we did enjoy it and would go back again but this time more street wise.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dirtyepci

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit at The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa. We hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time you visit!

See you soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is a resort. If you want to switch off and stay within premises, sun-bathing and chilling, then go fot it. Otherwise, a bit removed from the city square. Food, particularly the room service menu could do with a wider range. A service charge of 15% is added for room service but the range is very sparse. Vegetarian options are minimal too. The breakfast spread is very good.
Rooms are nice, but there is no air-conditioning in the bathroom / wash room and if you have to visit the toilet in the night during winter, you will need to wear warm clothes. The staff is quite good and courteous and professional.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments.

However, we regret that small details prevented you from being 100% satisfied with our services. Your opinion is very important since it helps us improve the excellence in service we are committed to deliver every day.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Fabulous place, people and culture,, Most helpful and friendly staff- always willing to help
The town could have done with a face life and proper packaging
Wandered into an amazing kids club to even look after children for as late as 11 pm if you wanted
And the restaurants were absolutely fantastic
Wish English warelaxations a bit more fluent

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your sincerely positive review.
I can see that you had a great time , this is how it should feel here at The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Reviews of this property are very mixed, which concerned us somewhat prior to arrival. And whilst the experiences of our group have also been mixed, I'd say on the whole the Pullman is a pretty decent resort hotel, although it has its quirks.
Located about 10-15 minutes drive from the centre of the city, for me the location was perfect. Marrakech is absolutely crazy in terms of traffic, people, noise, fumes... And whilst being able to pop out of the hotel into the city may sound appealing, I would think for most visitors it could rapidly become a nightmare. Hence the location of this hotel in the upperclass district of the Palmerie is excellent. The hotel operates 4 free (bookable) shuttles a day into the city but they don't drop you in a particularly convenient location for the medina. A grand taxi is about UK£9-10 and you can legally squeeze 6 passengers into one taxi (although you'd better be good friends!!), so it's probably more convenient to take that option (always agree the price first). Taxis are usually parked outside the hotel gate.
The property is set over pretty extensive and very well maintained grounds with flower gardens and the obligatory palms, interspersed with water features. The main amenities are centred by the entrance whilst all the accommodation is in two story buildings along pedestrian avenues. I see that some reviewers have complained about distances but - whilst you're walking outside - I don't think I walked any further to our room than I have in some other big resort properties. If you've a disability then this is obviously a consideration otherwise I'd say its no issue.
Rooms are pretty average size, with either a patio or balcony. The finish is modern and fairly minimal. Aircon/heating is excellent, the shower room modern and spotlessly clean, and the king bed incredibly comfortable.
In terms of facilities, the hotel has a decent sized swimming pool although during our stay in January it was closed for essential maintenance. Disappointing to us Brits who've seen months of cold and grey weather, but even though the temperatures here are positively balmy, this is still off-season so thoroughly understandable for the pool to be closed. Some advance warning would have been appreciated but the manager did offer us complimentary use of the spa as compensation.
The breakfast buffet is pretty good - a wide choice although there is a slant towards Moroccan tastes. I'd recommend the short order grill where omelettes and pancakes are cooked to order. I think my only gripe with breakfast was getting coffee. Every morning of our stay, getting a supply of coffee flowing was like pulling teeth, which for what I consider to be an absolute essential to kickstart my day, was frustrating.
We ate on our first evening in the main restaurant which was pretty poor. Food was cold, and wine was delivered to the table by the glass. Complete with dead flies floating in it. Not acceptable at all, and staff seemed non-plussed. The snacks at the poolside bar were much better and the staff were a lot more jovial.
The spa pavilion was good with a small modern gym and hammam. Treatments are in line with what you'd pay at any hotel spa although I'd say the staff lacked enthusiasm; I don't expect a spa staff member to be sat in reception eating snacks.
I think the one thing that would seriously improve the customer experience would be a focus on service. Some staff evidently had a grasp of 'hospitality' whilst others came across as amateurish and unprofessional which doesn't cut the mustard for a 5* resort. Also whilst rooms and public areas were spotlessly clean, i would say that glassware was pretty grubby in the bar and restaurant, with us having to send back dirty glasses on a number of occasions (including aforementioned dead flies). This is all easily rectifiable by the management.
For a good resort hotel with guaranteed warmth and sun just 3 hours or so from the UK, I would recommend the Pullman, but be aware that its not (currently) comparable with the likes of 5* Dubai.

4  Thank Bright0nNick
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the very detailed review of our resort! We appreciate the time you took to privide us with your thoughts and comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I am writing this from my comfortable room at the Hotel on our last night :-(
I had read all the reviews on the Hotel and was wondering what we had let ourselves in for! On arrival on Sunday I was pleasantly surprised, the hotel is about 30 minutes from the City and is almost an Oasis of tranquility! We did seem the only guests and I was concerned that we would not get very good service, how wrong can you be! With out question all the staff were friendly and the lack of English did not prove a problem. A smile works wonders if you had a problem, which we did with our room, but the speed it was fixed was far better than any hotel I have stayed in.
Breakfast was very good as was the Buffet dinner a varied selection some of which was not to my taste, but lets remember here we are on holiday and that you should not expect English food all the time.
I had also seen comments about the rooms and yes they are a walk from the main building but honest? It's a short walk and will do you no harm! The other problem mentioned was with the room keys, this can be avoided by not keeping them next to your phone, I had no problem what so ever, my Son did but then he was keeping his key in his phone case. The beds are very good and you sleep well, the air con also works as a heater and keeps you warm at night, with fresh water and tea and coffee in the room you could not ask for more!
This is not a cheap hotel, we got a package deal with half board but drinks and lunch soon add up.
As I said at the start we did seem to be the only people by the pool but the service and attention we got from Mouhad at the pool bar and also Simo who looked after the pool area was simply first class, we would like to thank them and the rest of the staff for making this a very nice short holiday!
So to sum up....if you are looking for an 18/30 type hotel with all that comes with it this one is not for you, however for a nice hotel to return to after the hustle of the Souks,or laze away a few days, you need to get this one on the list.
Thank you, the Bradley family.

3  Thank MGalan
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,

We are deeply humbled by your wonderful review ! Your kind words about our staff have been much appreciated.

As we strive towards the goal of meeting and exceeding our guests expectations through the service we provide, its comments such as yours that encourage us on a daily basis.

We look forward to your next stay with us!