“5 star or 3?”

Ranked #76 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Oxford, United Kingdom
“5 star or 3?”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hotel is in a lovely setting and has a shuttle to the city centre that runs several times a day.
The superior room we were given had a hanging cupboard that was not as deep as a standard coat hanger and so the doors would not close properly. Only 4 hangars were in the cupboard, although more were provided when we asked for them. For other clothes there was only a shelf above the hanging space, no drawer units. That was OK for our 4 night stay but I would not recommend a lengthy holiday stay unless you like living out of a suitcase..
We ate in the buffet restaurant. The starters and deserts were wonderful but the main courses were not 5 star, more like 3 star cuisine. On the other hand the Chef is available to stir fry or griddle the fresh food of the day and that was very good. We did try to eat in the Riad (a la carte restaurant) but after waiting to be seated for over 5 minutes and when still nobody appeared to see us we left and went elsewhere. Hardly 5 star treatment.
The restaurant and pool staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble but I would suggest that the front desk staff could do with attending courses on both friendliness and efficiency. 5 couples arrived at 8.30 pm after flight from UK and only 1 person to deal with booking in, had to wait 30 minutes to get to the room, Onanother occasion I had to wait quite a while for one young lady to finish a personal phone call before attending to me and I had no apology or smile from her.
Having stayed in 5 star accommodation elsewhere I would hesitate to class the Pullman as a proper 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade from Superior
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa. I am sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I do not understand your comment about the 3 star cuisine, as it has nothing to do with the choice of the main courses, which obviously were not to your taste, but then again it doesn’t mean they are 3 star quality of food.

At the Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I would very much appreciate if you could write to us on this email address: h3000-qm@accor.com, giving us details about the time you were at Le Riad? And what makes you say that the lady at the front desk was making a personal call in front of you? That will allow us to look into the matter and take appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Jalil Chebihi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed at the Pullman with friends for 5 days & would recommend this hotel,although its abit of a slap to the main areas of Marrakech,it's clean,pool area is abit small but as hotel was not full it was nt a prob,they only have a dozen lounger cushions though for about 40 or more beds,so we just used 3 small cushions on the beds.pool is heated & a word of warning is be careful when getting in as there's a slope not steps & a few of us did slip,but added to the fun,the rooms were quite small but bathroom was lovely and shower very big,the rooms were abit of a trek but good exercise.,there is a courtesy bus into town but spaces are ltd & you ll need to put names down quickly,because there was 6 of us we used a great minibus driver called sherif,we used him all the time & he took us to some great restaurants,and showed parts of Marrakech we wouldn't of seen on our own,not that I would recommend some of the parts,though goin thru the town in the minibus was an experience,would defo advise you to go to crystal restaurant which is part of the pasha complex,although again it was very quite on the nite we went,so got excellent service.we found the restaurants we went to were quite expensive about 600 dirhams per person,about £50.cocktails are about £10.but as we're on holiday we didn't care.if you want an exciting experience and don't want to get back to the hotel in 1 piece,hire a moped,dare you,?please let us know how you got on?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RUSSELLS-03
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and for the positive comments. I am sincerely honored you chose our hotel on your last visit to Marrakech.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future!

Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have been in this hôtel in January. The hôtel is located outside Marrakesh hence the quiet environment.
We had the good surprise to be upgraded to a suite. it was awesome.
The rooms are very clean and the services are perfect.
The breakfast was very rich.
I enjoyed walking with my kid in the vast garden.
the swimming pool is beautiful.

The receptionnists were very kind and listening to all our request.
I enjoyed staying there as it was very invigorating.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your generous comments. I am delighted to hear that your stay at our hotel was a success. We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and the services offered to our guests.

Our gardens truly are beautiful and we're pleased to know that you enjoyed it as much as we do..

Thank you also for posting images of your own experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My daughter and i stayed at this hotel in late Feb, it was very clean and friendly and helpful. We went for a spa treatment, which my daughter decided to have a hour long facial as she had got sunburn the day before and she thought they might have something to calm it down, however they applied a face scrub !! , which i dont think helped. Also her treatment finished 12 minutes early, so we were not quite so impressed with the spa but we was with the hotel itself.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WackyLondon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

However, I regret to hear that your daughter's experience in the Spa prevented you from being a 100% satisfied with our services for which I would like to apologize. Rest assured that the matter will be brought to the attention of the concerned team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa, hopefully in the very near future.

N Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here for short break 4-8th March, lovely hotel and super facilities. Bedroom was small but very clean with excellent shower and bathroom. Fabulous swimming pool with lots of sun beds and parasols, and attentive poolside staff. Breakfast and dinner was buffet style with lots of choice, Service a lttle dissappointing on one of the mornings though. There was a business conference on, hotel was full, and the staff attending the tables at breakfast seemed a little overwhelmed with the number of people eating, tables not cleared, no coffee or tea available, and food running low.
The hotel run a shuttle service into Marrakech but it only runs a few times a day, and the bus is small so you need to book at least the day before. Also last shuttle back is at 8pm !
Would stay at this hotel again, beautiful setting, v peaceful, great spa,and friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms set within beautiful gardens. Rooms a little on small side so may be worth considering an...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your generous comments. I am delighted to hear that you enojoyed your stay.

I do apologize for the service you experienced on one of the mornings. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa in the very near future.

Best regards,
shoreham-by-sea
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here on a conference for 5 nights. The business service was excellent, all resources we needed were available. The Wi-fi was speedy in both public areas and rooms.
We used the main restaurant for breakfast, lunch and twice for dinner. At all the choice was good, food was tasty and the staff were prompt and helpful.
My standard room was fine, large double bed, tea and coffee facilities, good powerful shower and kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
The pool area was clean and very pleasant. There were sun beds, but I would imagine that if the resort had been full of leisure guests there may not have been enough.
The hotel was a fair drive out of Marrakech itself, maybe 30 minutes. I would possibly stay here again, but only if the main purpose was to relax at the hotel rather than to spend time sightseeing and absorbing the Moroccan atmosphere - I think it's too removed for that kind of trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank buxom
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit at The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your generous comments, thank you.

I look forward to the pleasure of your return visit.

london
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I absolutely loved every minute I spent at this hotel, rooms are good size and all have sofa bed, bathroom clean.
Breakfast is massive anda very large choice of food options.
Pools are lovely and the beds are so good.
However, the thing that impressed me the most is their kids club, I've been in many resorts type hotels but this must be the best kids club I've ever been, my 4 years old son just wouldn't come out of it, they have every kind of activity you may think of in addition to a lovely farm with plenty of animals, the most famous one is the donky called Chocolat, a great team at the kids club led by a lovely women, sorry forgot the name.
overall, I would stay again t this hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank othmane
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.
We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time you visit!

Jalil Chebihi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
Radisson Blu Hotel, Marrakech Carre Eden
Hotel Du Golf
Hotel Du Golf
#95 of 494 in Marrakech

Been to Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!