“NAMASKAR PARADISE.”

Palais Namaskar
Ranked #94 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 23 June 2012

DEAR READER,

I went with my mother to this hotel In june 2012. It begins when you land on Marrakech airport. A driver is waiting for you to bring you to the hotel. Beautifull car, airco on, newspapers, music, fresh water availeble and very cold wet towels to refresh yourself.

At the arrival at the hotel you are awaited like a friend, everything is shown, you get a tour. I am a 5C member off the relais et chateaux and have seen all kinds of hotels. But the Namaskar is the best of the best.

Beautifull spacious rooms with all the possible luxury and privacy you need. The main swimming pool with the buildings around is simply stunning. There are sunbeds at the pool...real beds....

The service is of an EXCEPTIONAL HIGH STANDARD, and by that I mean the service in the restaurant, at the reception, the upkeep, breakfast.... My mother has a bad knee. No problem. She was picked up by a golfcar. The premises off 4 ha is SUPERB, the gardens beautifull. The staff is friendly and is there for you're every need. We had american breakfast each morning, and it was breathtaking...you could really order anything ( fruits, omelet, fruitjuices, bacon, potatoes, ...you name it.).

The General Manager mister PICARD is a great guy, and is on the field. One night he came to talk with us, what was very apreciated. The weather...OH the weather...warm, always sunny, a dry heat...superb.

The restaurant. A French chef that did get his formation chez DUCASSE....the menu is wonderfull...les plats superbes ( Salades Maroccaines, fish, lamb...). Des merveilles. Et les desserts....le chef patissier est un talent. And after all that a mind tea...never tasted as good a thee. The restaurant serves like clockwork, and the staff is hyperfriendly.

Oy yes, on top of the main building there is the NOMADE-BAR, where you can see the Atlas mountains. All the personnel have a strict dress-code, children are friendly asked not to be to noisy for the other guests. Real privacy you say? : you can book a villa just for you with private swimming pool and own butler. Miss LALLEMAND is also very friendly and asks if al is alright...My mother has been all over the world....and I mean all continents...... and she was impressed beyond believe. I am also a difficult customer, but can not find any fault.

IT IS QUIET SIMPLY IMPRESSIVE, and not so snobbish and expense as the south of france.

When we were back at home we were "Namaskarhomesick".

If in doubt, don't...just GO,GO,GO.....it is stunning. Also the bill is a win-win, modest for such quality. Lanquages : Allemand, english, french....And if you do not want a tiring flyt, there is a private jet....

There is also a very beautifull SPA with good treatments and a hair salon (DAVID) who takes care of the ladies, a hammam.....

I can go on and on...BUT COME TO THE NAMASKAR and you will never in your life forget the experience. It is UNIQUE...the leader among the worlds best leading hotels. What was beyond believe was the remarkable friendlyness of the whole staff. We were pampered like baby's.

One thing. Watch out in the sun..protect yourselfs.

I hope this "advise" can help you to decide. Have a great stay. Love you all.

Friendly regards,

Jan V

Room Tip: Every room is unique. We had room 114. Very quiet, spacious, all the luxury possible (..BANG&OLU...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank chablis005
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you and your mother had such a wonderful stay, and we were able to make your Mother’s stay at Palais Namaskar a special and memorable one.
I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular the ones you mentioned, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family; we do find that word of mouth is the best form of advertising we can get.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in October.

Kind and warm regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had the pleasure of going to this extraordinary hotel and I must say I was stunned by how beautiful and peaceful it was.I very much enjoyed the greenery that you find everywhere mixed with sophisticated and precise decoration.The villas are breathtaking and are definately a honeymooners paradise.

If you have the chance do not hesitate to go there.You WILL love it.

Room Tip: the villas are breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MelodieBriere
Frederic P, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We do our best to treat our guests like royalty !! I was delighted to read your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palais Namaskar in the near future. I have passed your comments on to the great team we have here.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife and I visit Marrakesh quite often, and usually try out different hotels on every trip. Our last stay was at the newly opened Palais Namaskar, a place that litteraly took our breath away!
It is India meets Morocco meets Paradise meets Nirvana!

The hotel is really an oasis of tranquility and peace, away from the hussle and bustle of Marrakech, but just a short drive away in case you feel like mingling in with the locals.
The hotel grounds, gardens and pools are magical, with laterns lighting up the desert sky at night. There was beauty in every corner we turned to, from Murano chandeliers lavishly used outdoors to gorgeous marble choice.
The refined and regal dining experience left memories that will last a lifetime! The place is the best formula to relight romance with your other half.
The gym trainer was friendly and outstanding with his approach to fitness. I highly recommned the Tai Chi class with him.
The rooms are beautiful, they certainly had great care invested in the design and comfort of the hotel rooms. But then again, you would not expect the same operators as Le Bristol and hotel du Cap Eden to do anything by halfs.
We will definetly come again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I was absolutely delighted to read your thoughts on your stay with us.
I have passed on your comments to my team here. We always try to anticipate our guests needs and was really glad we met your expectations on this stay and I hope to have the pleasure to personally welcome you back to Palais Namaskar in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Another newcomer in booming Marrakech. I must name Palais Namaskar my number one choice. Decent sized hotel run by the famous Oetker group (Think Le Bristol, Paris and Eden Roc, Antibes) The property is stunning as are the villas that come with private pool. The service is efficient yet laidback and friendly. I was mostly amazed by the restaurant which serves incredibly high quality dishes which you expect to find only in Paris. Since the hotel is about thirty minutes away from town and the interior is very modern I would not recommend it for first time guests to Marrakech looking for an authentic Moroccan experience. If you come to Marrakech to relax by the pool, enjoy the sun and have great food, I say definitely go for it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am very delighted that our hotel is your favorite in Marrakech and my team and I are determined to keep it this way. It was also great to hear that you found our villas to be so large, comfortable and clean. I was so encouraged to read your description of our hotel as being outstanding with helpful, courteous, and friendly staff. It is always rewarding to get feedback from valued guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Frederci Picard

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The short review: Book it and you’ll have one of the – if not THE – best hotel experiences ever!

The details...

I had originally reserved another newcomer to the Marrakech hotel scene, but as a Leaders Club member my attention had been drawn to one of their newest properties, Palais Namaskar.

When I made the reservation I had some trepidation about whether or not such a newly opened property’s service would be up to scratch; the hotel assured me that it would so I decided to change my reservation and spend my week with them.

From the moment I was met at the airport by one of their charming drivers (who we were fortunate enough to get to know throughout our week’s stay) I immediately sensed that it was going to be a good stay.

The resort itself is contained behind high walls so as you approach you have no sense of what lies within. The moment the car pulls into the courtyard you are greeted by long marble paths surrounded by calm pools, all set into beautiful gardens. Often hotel web-sites will have pictures taken in the best possible light, in Palais Namaskar’s case the photographs fail to do justice to what is simply the most magnificent resort.

We were immediately taken to our room - where the luggage was already waiting – and check-in was completed there. This was followed by an explanation of the various features of the room. The room itself was vast, with exceptionally generous ceiling heights, no less than two terraces, one with a Jacuzzi set in a slate pool, and another with an extra large size sun bed for two. There was a spacious entrance hall with a guest loo. The living area had a fireplace (any hotel room with a working fireplace is special in my book!), Bang & Olufsen television, and lots of Italian and French furniture. The bedroom area could be separated from the living area by a full height curtain. In the bedroom there was another B&O television, more Italian furniture and a proper king size bed. Often hotels list a room as having a king size bed, when in fact it’s nothing more than a large double; this was a king size bed. There was a generous dressing room with plenty of wardrobe space, this led on to the bathroom. As with the large room, the bathroom’s proportions were equally generous with a double shower (which occupied an area larger than many hotel bathrooms) twin vanities, separate loo, large freestanding bath, and a private outdoor shower. The whole resort exudes an atmosphere of generosity and calm, this is perfectly embodied by the rooms where it truly feels that everything is the best... even a small tray for coffee cups was made by Hermes!

The gardens with all their ponds and pools become even more magical at night when candle-lit lanterns line the paths and reflect in the pools alongside the moon and stars; truly magical.

The dining options are perfect and quality is never compromised even if you are dining in-room. Breakfast is taken either in the restaurant or in-room with the menu being the same for each. Waking up to breakfast delivered spot on the requested time, and then set up on your terrace overlooking yet more ponds and colonnades is heavenly. Even a plate of sliced fruit is beautifully presented with each item perfectly cut and decorated. Cooked items are equally well made and presented (they arrive in a hot box so are kept perfectly warm until you are ready for them), with stand-outs being a pain perdu with pear compote and caramel, and omelettes perfectly made with no colour and the perfect texture; textbook fundamental French cookery. Lunch and dinner strike the right balance between fine dining and comfort food; no dish is too challenging for the palate and as expected are all presented elegantly and with finesse in abundance. A nice touch is a Morroccan menu that sits alongside the contemporary French offerings; never have a tagine or pastilla been served with such elegance and attention to detail. A stand-out dish for me was a fillet of beef – cooked just as I had ordered – and served with a truffle macaroni au gratin; even the small herb garnish had been dressed. It is the attention to detail that makes it truly special. The pastry chef is equally talented producing faultless tarts, and other items of patisserie; the special of the day was always that, special! If one wanted to go off menu, the chef was always willing to accommodate requests.

The roof-top bar area has a fantastic view over the resort, and the Palmeraie and mountains beyond. Of course the cocktails were well made too! It was also the venue for the GM's regular cocktail party, which was attended by guests and other senior management team members. I always think events such as these are a good idea; it is a good opportunity for the guests to meet key staff members that they may not ordinarily encounter e.g. in room dining. More importantly it is a good opportunity for the staff to obtain direct feedback so that they can continually refine the guest experience; not that Palais Namaskar is in need of much refining at all!

The pool area, which sits behind the restaurant and a couple of their suites, is a fantastic place to spend an afternoon on an oversized sun bed (for three no less!) with the gardens on either side. Pool service comprises towels and chilled, scented face towels. Whilst one could always order items from the restaurant it would be nice if every so often some frozen fruit or something similarly refreshing was offered as part of the poolside experience.

The reception area contains a few cabinets with a very well curated collection of locally made accessories, and objet d'art - everything has the right "look" and quality; it is the polar opposite of the tourist tat that fills up so much of the souk!

As spectacular as this property’s physical assets are, the guest experience would not be the same without their wonderful staff. Each and every staff member – regardless of hierarchy – was warm and friendly and really wanted their guests to have the best experience possible, and at every opportunity they went out of their way to ensure that this was the case. From the waiters in the restaurant to the concierge to the drivers, everyone gave the best possible impression. A day trip with a guide to Marrakech was accompanied by one of the hotel’s drivers; after a few hours wandering around the Medina with our guide, the driver was there and waiting with iced water and scented towels. The service really takes care of all the little details that add up to create a special experience.

All in all, Palais Namaskar is a truly spectacular property both in terms of service as well as the design and decor. I always have high – but realistic – expectations of any property that I stay at, Palais Namaskar far surpassed all of these. I cannot wait to return... unfortunately I know that any other hotel I stay at will not have the magic and special qualities of Palais Namaskar; I have been truly spoilt!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IntlTraveller21stc
Frederic P, General Manager at Palais Namaskar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

We are very proud to read your great comments in regards to our indeed excellent staff. It is a wonderful motivation for all team members to see that their efforts and services are acknowledged and appreciated by our guests.
We are extremely happy to read your review, It makes us very proud to hear such positive feedback as yours .
I do hope that we will have the great pleasure to see you with us again when your travels brings you back to the area, until then I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Exquisite landscaped gardens with mesmerising water features are the standout highlight of this brand new hotel. I have literally never had a better club sandwich and bowl of chips, and the posh food was delicious too. Warm, friendly staff probably my favourite aspect of the whole thing (including a restaurant manager who took us to some super-cool party after he had finished work for the night). File in the expensive but worth it category.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your last stay here with us. It was a delight to read your praise in regards to our excellent staff as well as our wonderful Super Club Sandwich.
It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy their time spent at the hotel and can take advantage of our location, it is definitely a very good feedback which we highly value.
We hope we can host you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

we stayed at Palais Namaskar for our wedding anniversary, this was an amazing experience, upon arrival you are welcomed by the team and right away they escort you to your room, no need to have the long and annoying check in. The restaurant is just an amazing place, the food , the service and the athmosphere makes you feel so relax. do not heistate to go to the GM cocktail at the Nomad bar, the view is just outstanding and the mnagement team availbale for you to share your experience. well done.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marc h
Mounia A, General Manager at Palais Namaskar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guests,

Thanks you for your wonderful feedback, we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We value your comment and are continuously improving our guests experience at Palais Namaskar. Looking forward to your next visit (and welcome any of your family and friends).