“Worth the money”

Baan Thai Institut
Ranked #18 of 111 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: My taste for travel and especially for Asia brought me to Thailand where I discovered, a few years ago, traditional Thai massage, foot massage (foot reflexology) and aromatherapy massage. I then imagined that one day, I could make discover in Marrakech, all the benefits of these ancestral massages, it is this idea and this passion that was born the Baan Thai Institute of Marrakech.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was put off by the prices but went because of the TA reviews. It was a good decision.

It was spotless professional and a great Hamman/Massage.
You can pay half the price at other spas, I cannot comment on the others but this was well worth £50. 2 hours of pampering.

Came out polished and needing a sleep.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been visiting the Baan Thai institute for quiet a few times now over the last two years.
Frankly , the hammam was the best i had so far in Morocco.It is a small space and not the traditional deco you expect , unlike other touristic places, the black sleek surface was just perfect and the place feels cozy and upon request , i had loads of steam , so it was fantastic.
As for the massages, i often have the traditional Thai massage , the therapists are all friendly and professional and the massages are good.
The only point they should look at is the isolation , sound proofing, since sometimes you can hear people walking outside the treatment room or the reception phone/doorbell ringing.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have had many massages in many styles and I must say that On's massage topped the list. She doesn't speak English, but it didn't matter since she is a truly intuitive massage therapist. Although she is quite small, she is incredibly strong and gets out every last knot in your back and neck.

The institute itself is lovely and serene. We had a hammam/massage package but the hammam was nothing special. The steam room was not warm enough and the hammam scrub didn't use black soap (the package was from Carrefour!) or good implements. The hammam part was rather awkward, but we had a lovely spot to relax post hammam and had mint tea while we waited for the massage part.

Unlike many spas/hammams in Marrakech, couples are allowed to be together during the hammam and massage which made for a nicer experience. This was truly a treat and worth doing!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is one of the most amazing Hamman/massage type experiences ever. Forget all the other places in Marrakech and head here for the BEST experience ever! It is intimate, relaxing, very thorough, and at no point did I feel uncomfortable despite being virtually naked. Ask for Fatima (I think that was her name) She is pretty amazing and made me feel comfortable and SO relaxed after! Completely skilled and professional !

I booked to have a Thai massage after. I would suggest to avoid this. Stick to the Hamman. It is completely amazing enough to make you fully relaxed. I have had many many Thai massages and have been to Thailand numerous times. This is no way lives up to the Thai massages that are for one tenth of the price. They did not seem to know the pressure points as well nor applied the pressure in the right way. My friend was also disappointed with the Thai massage but very very happy with the Hamman.

Forget all the rest, book your hamman here. It is the best and super clean too!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Having read the reviews during 2013 we booked a Hamman & Massage.
This was our first Hamman & will not be our last, it was firm but once you got used to the pressure used it was an experience not to be missed. This was carried out in a professional way but virtually no part of either of our bodies were spared.
My Wife was given a micro thong for the Hamman & I was given a waterproof covering that looked more like a see though Shower Cap. This seemed quite strange but once we got past the intial embarrassing part it was well worth it.
This followed by a short relaxing break during which we were given a refreshing drink.
Our one & a half hour Thai Massage with oil was carried out in the same room which I found a lttle too hot but was about the right temporature for my Wife.
We both had a Medium to Firm Massage & both Thai Ladies ensured that they unlocked any tension we may have had, it was certainly firm bordering on brutal at times but we both felt much better once they had finished. They both concentrated on areas that needed extra pressure but i dont think we needed to tell them where as she found the areas on my back & shoulders that needed the extra attention.
As stated in a previous review we were once again given the skimpiest of clothing to wear, my wife yet again had the tiniest thong imagionable & I was given underwear with slightly more material but it was never going to cover what it was suposed to cover which I am sure probably cheared up the masseuse.
It was advertised as a full body massage & both of us felt that this was as close to a full body massage as you could get whilst still being professional. As you can imagine the clothing given actually seemed pointless but the towels did cover our modesty for some of the time.
This did not put us off having a second masage at the Baan Thai & we both had another hour & a half massage without the Hamman but on this occasion we had the medium massage which was out of this world & left us totally relaxed.
We will definately go back to the Baan Thai when we return to Marrakech in the future.

Colin & Nicola.