“Nice Restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Marrakech
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: May be spelled Africa not Afrika. They have a Facebook page and multiple Google entries. Fusion African food in a lively, trendy cafe in the new town. Popular with "cool" locals and tourists. Young hip staff and very good value meals and fruit cocktails.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice restaurant. Probably the best i've been in Marrakech. Great food in a very cool "Jamaica like" styled place.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Mama Afrika

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend and I found this restaurant by chance whilst looking for another one that we had seen in a guide book. Friendly staff, excellent food and good value. I even asked them if I could have one of their teapots and they gave it to me free of charge, even putting it in a box and wrapping it for me. Chilled reggae music playing in the background. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank 376Wendy
Reviewed 22 April 2014

very small unlicensed restaurant. African/reggae theme and corresponding chilled and 'cool' atmosphere. Food took a while to arrive but was worth it. Small menu but very tasty. Wood certainly recommend stopping off here.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here today. The food was pretty good and the staff quite friendly. The inside doesn't look very clean, but the food was well presented, tasted fine, and we didn't get sick from it ( and had the iced frappucino and iced tea). I would recommend if you are in the area!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I came here with my mum. She had 'Mama Detox' (the veggie option) and I had 'Mama Boeuf' (the Beef option)...rice, grilled veg, sauce ,eggplant dip, croquettes. Simple but tasty. Brought to us on a slate platter. Sprinkled with coconut dust.
Of course served with bread and a variety of olives.

It was cheap (11 euro for 2 mains and big water)

Great decor (Reggae style). Half the time they had great Reggae on, but sometimes they played crap remixes of Reggae.

All in all it was awesome!!