“Shady manager.”

Ibis Marrakech Centre Gare
Ranked #315 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 6 January 2011

No fuss hotel. Cheap and serves its purpose. I made the reservation online with my credit card. I assumed it is charged to my card, so I just left the key at the reception and left the hotel.

When we were in the train at the station. Someone came to our seats and told us that he is the hotel manager (I saw him at the lobby that morning), he said that we have not paid our hotel bill. I said I thought it was paid via my credit card. He said no and demanded that we hand him cash for 1,200 Dirhams. I said no, the total price was only 791 Dirhams, I pulled out the reservation info on my iPad as proof. He said that is only for one room, we had two rooms and we must pay him 1,200 Dirhams. I denied that, and handed him 800. He left with the money.

So beware.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gnewey

Reviewed 2 January 2011

Unpersonal hotel uninspired personel breakfast no recommandable

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan m
Reviewed 30 December 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank skyglider2015
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Rooms: This Ibis has rooms just below the regular standard for Ibis hotels. Some dirty walls, floor not evenly clean (there is a synthetic water-proof flooring difficult to clean), but the bed was nice and the location is quiet with lovely pool and just steps from train and bis station. If you are not a stickler for absolute cleanliness this is a good value. (The marble bathrooms are nice). I would return here.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank frequenttraveler072
Reviewed 12 December 2010

A Moroccan friend told me he stayed at the Ibis Centre Gare when he goes to Marrakech so I was intrigued to look it up. From reading the other reviews I decided I wanted to stay at a quiet modern hotel away from the medina which I found rather chaotic and I am glad I did.

The hotel is also literally located between the train station and Supratours bus station. Both stations are very modern and clean and not noisy at all. It was so easy to walk over check times, buy my tickets and get over to the station in the morning. I chose this hotel a base from which to travel which worked out perfectly. The train station was also great for buying a cell phone, changing currency and buying odds and ends that I needed in the many shops there.

**Most importantly the staff at the Centre Gare Ibis was wonderful and very helpful. Laila always greets you with a wonderful smile and the manager Abdelhalim was very helpful with many things. I will stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank outsider125
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We recently stayed at the Ibis Marrakech beside the main train station and was much better than expected. i have stayed at many ibis hotels around the world and know the generic style of the Ibis. This hotel however was more individual. The Bathrooms were large with huge showers and nice mosaic tiling around rather than the usual plastic ibis walls.

The rooms themselves though were typically ibis, small and very functional. We had a room facing the road which was a little noisy in the mornings from all the traffic but nothing too annoying. The hotel had free WiFi in the lobby which was fantastic but not within the rooms.

We never ate at the hotel so i cant say anything about the food. The hotel had a nice garden and swimming pool which would be nice for the summer, but was too cool for december when we were there.

The hotel is VERY convenient for the Train station as its basically next door and also the Supra tours bus station which is right out the door. otherwise its around a 20-30 minute walk into the Medina of Marrakech.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the staff while they done there job perfectly never went out of there way to give us information or anything which didnt really matter as i have been to Marrakech before and was familiar with the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melb1985
A TripAdvisor Member
Bucharest
Reviewed 4 December 2010

first you did not give me my points I don't know why.
second there you have a very poor breakfast in comparation with your hotel from France. Spain and Romania

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family