“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #121 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

For our first visit to Marrakesh my friend and I booked at the Sofitel Hotel. I had heard from many of my customers in England who had visited Marrakesh and stayed at the Sofitel on how wonderful a hotel it is and we too decided to book.

The hotel is nicely situated not too far from the airport and the centre. It has a fantastic presence and an elegant facade. On arrival we were warmly greeted by the receptionist (Loubna) who was very polite and professional. We arrived before check-in time due to a very early flight and were very tired having had no sleep the night before. We explained to the receptionist and she kindly allowed us to check-in so that we could freshen up. We even got a courtesy call to make sure we were happy with the room, a very nice thought. The room was fantastically decorated with a Moroccan theme and lovely views over the pool area.

We were very impressed with the swimming pool area with 2 large pools and fantastically constructed sun loungers. Not the cheap plastic ones you get at some hotels. The pool area was so good it was like being in peaceful oasis of peace and relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh. We found the service around the pool area 1st class whenever we needed anything. There was even a guy giving free foot massages to re-energise those aching feet.
I have stayed in many 5* Hotels having travelled and worked all over the world and Sofitel Hotel in Marrakesh is definitely one of the best. I will be staying there again whenever I am back.
Overall, nothing was too much trouble for the staff who went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay even when my friend had forgot his comb and asked if they had one. One was promptly dispatched by Loubna.

Merci Beaucoup Sofitel Hotel, Marrakesh.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I travel Europe on business.
This hotel exceeded my expectations.

After a flight from London, I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a friendly doorman who showed me to a comfortable sofa. A young lady came up to me and asked for my passport and, of course, my credit card. Whilst she was sorting out my paper work, I was offered a scented towel to freshen up and a mint tea as welcoming gesture. The General Manager came up to me and introduced himself. A relaxing and much more informal way of doing business.

I arrived 1 hour before my official check in time. Rather than be told to wait, I was offered a tempory room until my room was ready. Here the Sofitel exceeded in care and concern.
After an hour I went back to the reception desk and was given my room key. (Swipe card.)

The young lady who gave me my swipe card also took the trouble to explain where everything was. ( A lot more than take the lift to the third floor and turn right!!!!)

The staff are extremely polite and always say "Bon Jour" in a respectful way.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
You may read about the high prices, but the quality is always an important factor to me

Comfortable bed, nice clean room and bathroom. Great facilities.

Take it from someone who got a massive refund from a famous hotel on an island in Venice lagoon.

I will return, a big thank you to the staff who were great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bernard G
Freshwater, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Resort style hotel with every amenity you could want. Could comfortably spend a couple of days just lazing around! Location is not ideal, but not sure exactly where would be good in this curious City. Service was superb

• Stayed October 2011
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Great hotel, beautiful rooms, IF you take a surperior room. the pool is beautiful And big.
everything looks classy and beautiful, but too bad that the hotel alows people to play their own loud music at the pool, and allow topless woman, and people with loud en anoying behaviour. Not verry relaxing and stylish. the prices of the minibar and restaurant are madly expensive. Its to silly to expect people to pay so much even if you can afford to stay at the hotel. Down the street is restaurant "extrablatt", verry good food and chic admosfere for one third of the price, you pay at the hotel. But if you are a snob and dont mind paying tooo much for your food, please feel free to do so.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shirley G
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

When you are least expecting it Sofitel staff may surprise you. On my last day and just before I left for the airport I had a surprise visit by one of the chefs recomending a light lunch at the beautiful garden terrace. I ordered a glass of Rose compliment of Moroccon vinyard. The lunch, the wine, the service and the ambienace just made me think I DONT WANT TO GO HOME!!
My 9 day stay at Sofitel was full of surprises, the little flowers left on my bed side, the rose pedals spread over the bathroom floor, the note from the general manager and more simply made a big difference. The purpose of my trip was business and it felt like holidays....

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool or pool side rooms are excellent, ask for the renovated part of this hot...