This is a truly beautiful hotel, but be prepared to spend about £300 per day on food/drinks though if you eat within the hotel (the buffet by the pool was £50 per person for breakfast). Water in the room is £8.
The staff were ok, but were sometimes a little incompetent. It felt as though the hotel is coasting on it's reputation and beautiful grounds. We really wished in the end we had stayed somewhere else as there are other 5 stars or Riad which would have been more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech