We went here for dinner.
Not a good start when the gatekeeper gave us a hostile look-over (we were dressed in European smart casual) before reluctantly allowing us to step over the threshold. A gin and tonic in the bar - elaborately and slowly prepared before us on a tray, at £15 a throw.
Then dinner in the Morroccan restaurant. The restaurant was nearly empty, but they still invited us to sit in the same booth as a random stranger. We moved (causing some stir) to one of our own.
The menu was moderately interesting. We had three starters as we werent ravenous. Nothing amazing about the food, but three starters and a modest bottle of wine set us back £200.
We then had a drink in the churchill bar. Another wildly overpriced experience. We didnt see any rooms, but from the outside they looked like any plain resort hotel rooms - blocky, small balconies, not especially quiet or special. I felt rather sorry for anyone who actually paid £600 a night to stay here. How do hotels like this get away with it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech