I definitely recommend stopping by to see the Mamounia. It is a singular experience, the gardens are lush and expansive, the property just feels like it is from the 20s and has been preserved in its beauty.
The food did not look amazing, nor worth the exorbitant price, so we just popped in for pre-dinner drinks. The service is wonderful, attentive, perfectly executed. But I should mentioned we forked over 25 euro per drink for the pleasure of enjoying the surroundings (though the spiced almonds were excellent).
However, it was a very memorable part to see this piece of Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, MrandMrsSmith, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, bedfinder AG, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech