My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights. We had an amazing suite (room 308) that left nothing to be desired. It was truly spectacular with the gorgeous tile,ceilings, balcony. Everything. The hotel pool and all of the restaurants are fantastic. The bulding and grounds are very pretty and there is even a spectacular fitness center to make up for the eating you will surely do. It made us less interested in leaving at night, to be honest, and I don't regret it. With two restaurants with Michelin stars you can't lose. Maeakkech is a sad place in comparison. You can buy a bottle of water for $.50 in the town but 10x that in the hotel. While it was an interesting city all of the US press (especially home decor lately)doesn't show that they don't even have signs up at the tourist spots to explain the extensive history. It is Mexico but decades ago perhaps. Sad to see the differences and certainly leaves you feeling disappointed that it appears they won't find a way soon to bring tourist dollars to the masses there that need it.
If you go the hotel is first rate. They hooked us up with a driver that would be ideal for just targeting places you want to go and if you can get to some of the shops that are out of the souks in that way there is incredible craftsmanship especially in leather goods. Check out the blogs with lists of great shops around the city, particularly up by the Jardin Marjorelle and in the new town Guiliez. The driver took us out to a dinner place that was good/average but the ride there was worth it all. It was like a video game in the challenge of the driving along narrow streets with people,bikes,mopeds and horses to dodge. Amazing.
La Mamounia is certainly a top hotel and if you want to explore the city for a few days it is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, bedfinder AG, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech