2,491 results
All reviews churchill bar winston churchill italian bar beautiful hotel best hotels in the world moroccan restaurant luxury hotel gardens are beautiful tennis courts indoor pool four seasons an oasis atlas mountains the hustle and bustle mint tea spa terrace
Reviewed 26 May 2013

It is not cheap but it worth every penny we paid. When we arrived, we tried to pay with 5 different credit cards and no one worked. It really bothered me and we almost went to Orangers. At the end we had to pay by debit, and not credit, all 5 nights in advanced. The receptionist guy did not deal well and after, we discover that was his mistake. We phoned our banks and no one had tried to pass our credit card at the hotel and the follow days we paid restaurants, we bought (expensive) carpets and we did not have any problem. Although that the hotel is a kind of second house. The rooms, the breakfast and the swimming pool were perfect. The moroccan restaurant was the best in town. The hotel remember me Copacabana Palace. I am looking forward to go back to Marrakech because of the hotel and not because of the city. If there is a place you have to go is Mamounia. But the head of the hotel should prepared better his receptionist.

Room Tip: We stayed at the room that from the terrace we could see the medina tower. We choose because of that but maybe the view of the hotel gardens is better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RCM1977
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is one of the most beautiful hotel that I have ever seen!! Magic loaction, with great professionalism of the employees. The rooms are great, simply very beautiful. I recommend to everybody to lodge in this hotel. You will live a great experience in Maroc!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fabrizia C
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My guide book described La Mamounia as one of the World's greatest hotels, so I wanted to take a look.

The last time I was in Marrakech, I wanted to go in for a cocktail but I was turned away at the door and advised to reserve a table for another evening. I now know that they do not usually take reservations for the bar and, in hindsight, I realise that I was turned away because I looked a little dishevelled from my day's sightseeing.

This time, I put on a nice dress and my friend and I had no difficulty at the door. The hotel and it's environs are beautiful. We had a stroll around the stunning gardens, taking in the pool, tennis courts, terraces and even the vegetable garden. Then, we settled into a couple of comfortable chairs by the piano band in Churchill's Bar and gasped at the price of the drinks! "Ah! Only one, then!" My 'Cosmohibiscus' cocktail was pricey at 160 dh (£12.50), but it was divine - with a crystalised violet in the bottom. Very clever. The olives and salted nuts were also top quality.

The bar was sumptuously furnished and the band played smooth jazz, so the atmosphere was very relaxing. The service was impeccable and the female staff were all dressed in stunning kaftans. Every detail exuded class.

I've no doubt that this hotel is beyond the budget of most Moroccans and many visitors too, but that's the point, isn't it? It's a luxury hotel. We saw people on the terrace in shorts and bikinis but I assume they were guests. The hotel's website is very clear that there is a dress code for non-residents and that seemed fair enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MissHoneyBee-UK
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful stay in Marrakesh. And La Mamounia made this into the wonderful stay we experienced. From arrival to check out, this hotel knows how to please its guests. It is one of the best hotels we have ever been to, and my partner travels professionally to all parts of the world and is lucky enough to stay in some of the best.

At arrival, you are immediately taken to the lounge by a perfectly English speaking person, where you are welcomed with almond milk and a date, of course after receiving a lavender scented wet towel to whipe your hands. Scent is one of the pleasant experiences at the hotel. The house scent is something of ceder, woody, lovely. You get a tour around the hotel and gardens, and wow, those gardens are magnificent. And again, the smell is so good (orange blossom). The room we had was beautifully appointed, ammenties great, again with the house scent. Even the cupboards smell nice :)

Service is impeccable, even if you want your room made at night, it will not be a problem. Every day, you receive other fresh fruit in your room, a small pastry and complimentary water. As some reviewers noticed, at the gate you are asked if you stay at the hotel, but we have never found this unpleasant. Even when wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirts, if you are a guest, you are always welcome. I think it is a good thing that they are a little strict. The hotel is so amazingly beautiful, that it would be run over by hoards of tourists if they would be more lenient. Part of the charm is that the atmosphere is serene, the lights are low, service is friendly, with an overall oriental look and feel.

The pool area is another great thing, the pool is huge, ozone cleaned so no chloride. Service again is fantastic. Last thing I will mention is The Spa, again beautifully appointed with great treatments. A must do when in the hotel.

Of course, you pay for it, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. I see in the reviews some exagerated statements. Breakfast is around 30 euro's (but the choice is amazing), cappucino is around six. A big plate of strawberries at the pool will do nine. The French restaurant is pricey indeed, but there are plenty options outside the hotel.

In short, La Mamounia is a class of its own on this planet, and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a DeLuxe garden room or DeLuxe city facing room on a high floor (the last is more noisy, but we love the view).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roelandv_12
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed at. The service is top drawer but at this this price it should be.

Lots of reviews complain about being hassled at the door, or flat out refused entry. Yes being hassled at the front entry is a a bit of a nuisance but for security and added privacy I understand and I am happy they go the extra mile to keep lookie lous out. This property is spectacular and could easily be over run with non guests if not careful. Its a wonderful respite for the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.

If you are guest you are made to feel like a KING!

One things is a bit of a problem is dinning at the hotel is very expensive. So unless money is no issue be prepared for paying for your meals. I think we paid 70.00 for breakfast for each person everyday. Lunch buffet was 100.00 per person and dinner was off the charts. A coke out of the mini bar was about 9.00. I feel ripped off when they are 3.00

My partner and I shared a sandwich by the pool with a bottle of water and a beer the price was over 50.00.

We saw people turned away at the gate some said they had dinner reservations. Not sure if this was true. One night after being asked if we were hotel guests at the gate they also wanted to see our room key at the elevator. We were told that the hotel had VIP clients that night. They would not confirm who but we did see Candice Bergen arrive at the same time we did.

The King also owns another Hotel very close by.

Also be aware that everyone seems to be dressed to the nines. Though we were never turned away for not having a jacket or tie, and might have been if we were not hotel guests. We were always made to feel welcomed.

Like so many five star hotels in Europe internet is free. The US should learn this.

Room Tip: I am not sure if any rooms are bad. We never heard the call to prayer, which at dawn can be a bummer if you are trying to sleep. We had a standard room, wish we would have payed extra for a garden view it would have been well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple