“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mamounia Marrakech

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Mamounia Marrakech
Ranked #73 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

After treading the streets of Marrakech we decided to treat ourselves to a day pass. It included a massage, a three course lunch which was delicious and a the use of the spa and pool facilities. If I ever went back to Marrakech this would be the place I would happily stay at. Beautiful grounds and hotel. Expensive and beautiful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hindhead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A very good hotel except for the two Michelin Star Resturant. This isn't a two star. This isn't a one star. Compare this Resturant to one star in London hotels and you would feel as if you are in an Italian in Kensington High Street. Michelin inspectors need to visit this Resturant quickly as the two stars are seriously letting down their grading system.

The staff at the hotel couldn't do more to help you. The fabric of the hotel needs updating such as the carpets and bedroom toilets. Remember you can "Marrakech" in a day and a half ....

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelresearcher1
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Attending a medical conference in Marrakech, this hotel was centrally located, and very close to the old market, convention centre and other attractions. It was very convenient and service was outstanding. Check in was a breeze, and front desk staff was very helpful and efficient. Good english was spoken by all staff encountered at the hotel and I was shown up to my room by the bellman who spent time explaining all amenities, services etc. as well as insuring I was comfortable. The hotel has a good restaurant available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with both continental and local fare. A casino is also available onsite, if one is so inclined. The proximity to the old market is great, and it is recommended that one hires a guide to take you through, this can be done at the hotel, as the concierge will arrange one for you. Not only will they take you around the market but explain some of the history associated with parts of it, such as the slave market, etc. My guide was from Vancouver, who was transplanted in Morroco, and he was great. Spoke Canadian English, but also spoke Arabic and French. The rooms at the hotel were comfortable and spacious, very clean and had all amenities including a large bathroom. If going to Marrakech, this hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed 5 nights in early March. By far, the most incredible service we've ever experienced. When they say "At your service Mrs. V..." they really mean it. My husband had a headache the first night and they went to the pharmacy and brought tylenol to our room... The Wifi wasn't working and my husband had work emails to send and they comped our dinner. They arranged everything, were truly kind and greeted us every time we walked through the hotel. What everyone says about the F&B being expensive is true. It's very high priced... about $17 a glass for the least expensive wine, about $30 for a simple salad with tuna. $10 for water and coke, which can by typical though. But the hotel is so incredible we spent about half our time at the hotel. The pool is beautiful and relaxing, the breakfast buffet is fit for a king. I had one traditional hamman bath - it was fantastic. Our room was on the smaller side but we had a nice terrace, it was perfectly clean, bathroom was beautiful... The detail is everywhere. I hope we can return. I would highly recommend. There were a couple families with children but mostly "older" couples. We are in our early 30s and were on the young side...

Room Tip: I would choose a room overlooking the mosque on the 3rd or 4th floor. The rooms overlooking the po...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Em-Atlanta
PHL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I took my sister in law to lunch and wanted the Buffet Luncheon as it had very good reviews. When calling the night before I was told the Buffet Luncheon was closed until 2/22 so I settled for a reservation for 12:30 at their French Restaurant. Need I say more but we were the only two guests for the entire luncheon - service was good, but nobody bothered to put our napkins across our laps. After $220 incl. tipl at 3 PM we were done and wandered out in their garden and what did we see to our surprise, the buffet luncheon was just winding down. That really floored me. Talking to the head conscierge about this I got many apologies, but my visit was marred. The hotel paid for our cab fare back to our hotel - $2.50 - which I did not really want - to show their concern. However, I will not be back - the Ciragan in Istanbul was much classier, so was the Negresco in Nice, not to talk about the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo - but it was an experience I'll never forget. I would only give it an 8 out of 10.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Having visited the Majorelle Gardens it was not far away from La Mamounia so a lunch on the terrace was to be our treat. Although not a problem for us you should not even attempt to visit La Mamounia if you are wearing jeans, trainers or anything that doesn't fit in with a 5 star luxury hotel dress code. The opulence of the hotel is enticing and so tastefully refurbished in the recent makeover. The staff were charming and very attentive and we greatly enjoyed cocktails and lunch on the terrace whilst soaking up the atmosphere and people watching some of the beautiful local wealthy people. Our lunch wasn't particularly expensive and I would certainly consider returning to stay at this lovely hotel although if I was a guest I would not wish to have non residents sitting at the poolside restaurant. Beautiful gardens and lovely to walk through the kitchen garden.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SerenidadDerbyshire
Talent OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

For us it was the challenge of getting in. We were staying at gorgeous riad in the medina and told the owner that we'd get in. She said we wouldn't so I had to prove her wrong. They said we couldn't take our backpacks in, so we left them at the gatehouse and got claim checks. The doormen at the front seemed to find our entrance amusing so I took a picture with them. The lobby was very nice but seemed almost tomb-like. No one was around so we just walked through, used their restroom and left.
It was mostly amusing for us. But I'd never stay there. It seemed pretty boring. The riads are much more fun (Riad Ilayka).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends