I spent countless hours researching where to stay wen in Morocco.
We chose Palmeraie Golf Palace Resort.
We were there April 2011. The weather was beautiful hot enough to sit by the pool all day long.
Tip: you have to get up really early to reserve chairs and table in a good location by the pool. By 8 am everything almost everything is taken Can be a little annoying.
Hotel is sort of mix of 4 and 3.5 stars…. 3.5 stars is mainly for the service but amenity is quite pretty.
In some places it needs complete renovation and in some areas I like the authentic feel to it.
Hotels is very big and sort of isolated from the town again this can be a very good thing when you spend countless hours browsing in the souks and Jamal El Fna and hopping in the cab and driving away from the hussle and bussle of the town.
The Hotel has a gated private entrance, Nikki beach is 5 minutes form the hotel and we learned it belong to the hotel and you will not be charged to use this hot spot if you are staying in the hotel.
The pool area is good with some struggling to make it look luxury- it is not.
I liked that the breakfast area is along the pool and in the middle of the pool in a nice white terrace.
Breakfast and Lunch are amazing!
Food is delicious and not expensive at all in this hotel; I loved early morning breakfast in this hotel.
Now that I think of it everything is nice in the hotel but the atmosphere is missing. There is no atmosphere in the hotel you end up wondering where is everybody?
We start going out every night for dinners to different riads. Our favorite is La Sultana.
Rooms are okay- all of them facing to the garden or pool both are nice so don’t bother paying more.
Welcoming sweet plate was waiting us in our Suite and on arrival Moroccan mint tea was served in the lobby.
The Spa and Hammam is amazing the best one in the town- Try it!
The gym is great and it is in a completely separate newly renovated building, I just wish they would turn on the AC- it was soo hot.
There are restaurants that are located in the hotel territory but none of them is really good …I would say Sushi one is ok.
We went to downtown several times a day and it is a taxi ride about 25 usd each way… Hotel is offering shuttle but the timing sometimes is not right.
I recommend taking cat and dog food and some healthy candy snacks for kids- there are many kid beggars on the streets and It made me feel good seeing how exited they were getting to receive a little treat.
Dogs and cats appreciated the food as well. I would just open a can and leave it on the street. Enjoy Morocco!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmeraie Resort's beating heart and flagship, the famous Palmeraie Palace is a hotel featuring traditional Moroccan architecture. Rewarded as Africa's best golf course, the hotel's golf course has won the World Travel Awards for 5 consecutive years (from 2006 to 2010). In 2014, the Palmeraie Palace has received the award as Morocco's Best Golf Hotel by the World Golf Awards. Surrounded by landscaped gardens and swimming pools, within easy reach of many restaurants and other entertainments, Palmeraie Palace is a touristic destination on its own. Just a few minutes away from central Marrakech, this charming hidden oasis is a promise for a refreshing and relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Fastbooking so you can book your Palmeraie Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmeraie Golf Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Palmeraie Golf Palace And Resort
- Palmeraie Hotel Palace