Palmeraie Palace
  • Pool
US$111
US$105
1,377 results
All reviewsdu golfbusiness conferencemarrakech citybeautiful hotelhousekeeping staffhalf boardrooms are nicespecial thanksmoroccan restaurantspent nightsmint teapancakesatlas mountainscaddiesspaadilarabic
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent our golf week vacation in this nice hotel. We recognized it during our last visit few years ago and we looked forward to it. Our actual experience and feeling is very mixed and the only thing I can recommend in this locality is great and well maintained golf course. Also hotel staff did mostly their best. Hotel looks very nice and 90% of all equipment is excellent: Entrance, hall, bar, rooms, garden. Then you recognize some weakness and imperfections: wobble switch, waggle toilet seat and bad drained bathtub. Cold area near indoor spa pool, where they do not have towels and you must bring them from your room. It does not mind in budget hotel, but you do not expect it in five star hotel. The Palmeraie Golf Palace is not a five star hotel. We visited Marrakech for golf and in hotel we ordered half board. There was only one restaurant working and suitable for half board, one Moroccan restaurant in golf club nearby offered only meat meals and Toro Loco restaurant with limited choice of tapas and mostly meat food. I am a vegetarian. I was in Morocco fifth time and I love and know delicious Moroccan vegetarian food. How was my surprise a diner was served as a 3 courses menu with two choices and no one was suitable for vegetarians. Of course they offered me to order from a menu. Menu offer was international and I really did not expect to have a pasta, omelet and pizza in five star Moroccan hotel on my holiday. Later on I decided to combine side dishes and waiter brought them in two small cups and was very surprised I asked for a plate. Last two days there was a buffet style and I was so happy finally enjoy Moroccan excellent food. It is pity this nice hotel do not perform better.

Room Tip: If you can see golf course, ask upstairs room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

On a golf and culture tour we stayed at the Palmeraie Golf Palaca for a couple of days. The facilities were very enjoyable: comfortable, well-equiped and spacious bedroom (even though the bathroom flooded when taking a shower in the bath tub) and lovely golf course. But dining is a problem: in february there is just 1 restaurant (and without a car: nowhere else to go) and it is GROSSLY overpriced. But worst of all: hotel service is a disaster. Don't bother to call a porter or room service: they just don't answer the phone. Furthermore: our travel agency had booked and payed for the room. Nevertheless, they made us pay again, as they messed up on their administration. A few days later they admitted the mistake and promised an immediate refund. Almost 4 weeks later I am still waiting for the refund ... A perfect example of how inadequate management can really spoil what could have been a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We spent 4 days in the sunshine playing golf in Marakkech and we started and ended our tour here. We found the older 18 holes played on the first day a really good test and pretty fair for all handicaps. In fact we enjoyed it so much that we booked to play the 1st 9 plus the new 9 holes on our last day. Alas the new 9 holes is really not very good - uninteresting layout which did not appear to be half as well looked after as the other 18.
We used the bar and restaurant after our rounds and were not impressed with the service. We were waiting an hour for our food to arrive and had to get a bit tetchy with the staff, otherwise we could well have missed our flight back. Also steer clear of the Chilli Con Carne - it is like no other I have seen !
To be fair, the club did allow us use of their showers before we ate ( be careful of the wet marble floor - I have the bruises to prove how slippery it was !) and because it was 36 degrees when we came off the course, a shower was very welcome ! To sum up, the old 18 hole course is very enjoyable, the place is very pleasant to be at, but the service in the clubhouse restaurant needs improvement unless you have plenty of time

Room Tip: Only played the golf course so cannot comment
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My requirement was simple. A winter sun destination for a few days golf that didn't cost the earth. Also, having 'done' the Costa's and Portugal to death over the years, I was up for something different.

I am pleased to say we had a great time staying here. The hotel is probably 4 rather than 5 star but still perfectly comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. The golf course has 27 holes so we didn't get bored despite playing a round a day on 5 consecutive days. The caddies were great and well worth the additional £10 a round. My caddy, Dreesh, probably saved me that amount I golf balls alone !

We used the spa area for steam room, jacuzzi and massage and all were good. We also used several of the Resort bars and clubs, our particular favourite being Toro Loco. The dinner and show at Latino was also a great night out.

Central Marrakech is only a short taxi ride away and really interesting for a wander around. We ate in a couple of restaurants there and enjoyed them all with Gastro MK being a stand out place (see seperate review).

All in all, we had a great time and I'm pretty sure we will be back again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Club House directly on the golf course. The Suites were great and it also meant you could walk down in the morning straight on to the Practice Range. The main hotel and Spa is a 5 minute walk but the staff will take you in a golf cart if you ask.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Went for a break in the sun after Christmas. Room number 4 in the club house over looking 18 th green out of this world, thanks to lovely housekeeping staff. Half board ley Roy's Kafe fantastic, with great service. Breakfast in club house beautiful, fantastic service in wonderful surroundings. On to golf, did not book as a golfing holiday, but after looking at golf course golf clubs were packed ! Only intended playing one round, until we met the caddies and caddie master, got hooked, and played 3 rounds thanks to number 1 caddie Mohammed thanks for the lesson and the trick shots !!! Would recommend this hotel to anyone no matter what level you can play. Had a fantastic time, yes out of city, but enough to keep you relaxed, lovely spa, food, breath taking surrounding, and fantastic service. 5 star from us, and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends