Firstly we must point out that we stayed in the Club House, which is a separate building to the main hotel, it is where golfers tee off; and it has just 11 boutique suites above. Our room was luxurious with a huge balcony overlooking the driving range. Service was friendly, slightly haphazard; and you still got old fashioned keys! It was about a 10 minute walk through the grounds to reach the main hotel, where we had breakfast each day. Breakfast was pretty uninspiring and appeared to be held in a conference centre room which had little ambiance. Omelettes were good though. A light continental breakfast was also available in the club house for the early starting golfers.
The men played golf and we stayed by the pool. The pool was huge. Steps down in the pool needed securing as they were very wobbly. Attentive waiter service and the usual fare for lunch.
Interesting point is that Morocco makes wine, which I didn't know, and more importantly it is very good! Try the President rose....it is about MAD160 a bottle. The local Casablanca beer is also good - so good they ran out of it.
There was a large conference going on so the pool area was very quiet during the day.
The resort is approx. 15 minutes drive from the centre of town. I felt sorry for the Brits who had booked it on a package deal, who had obviously done no research and were expecting their TUI rep and entertainment.....this is not a hotel for them. It definitely is geared to large conferences or those who live for their golf.
Wifi was wonderful - very fast.
Another important point is that French is widely spoken. You certainly get better service if you speak French....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmeraie Resort's beating heart and flagship, the famous Palmeraie Palace is a hotel featuring traditional Moroccan architecture. Rewarded as Africa's best golf course, the hotel's golf course has won the World Travel Awards for 5 consecutive years (from 2006 to 2010). In 2014, the Palmeraie Palace has received the award as Morocco's Best Golf Hotel by the World Golf Awards. Surrounded by landscaped gardens and swimming pools, within easy reach of many restaurants and other entertainments, Palmeraie Palace is a touristic destination on its own. Just a few minutes away from central Marrakech, this charming hidden oasis is a promise for a refreshing and relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palmeraie Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmeraie Golf Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Palmeraie Golf Palace And Resort
- Palmeraie Hotel Palace