“I'd go back”

Ranked #147 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“I'd go back”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

After reading the reviews of a number of hotels in Marrakech, I was reduced to selecting the Meridien N'Fis by choosing what seemed to be the least of all evils.

I shouldn't have worried. This is a really good hotel. The staff is attentive, the food is decent, and the rooms are clean.

The highlight, for me, was the garden between the lobby. If my meetings hadn't gone into the evening, I could have spent hours with my camera among the flowers and the birds.

Although the hotel is not right next to the old district, it is still an easy walk to the souk and the other sites in the city core.

• Stayed October 2011
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience, and positive feedback about the quality of service , hotel location’s and our staff.

During your next trip to Marrakech, please let me invite you to attend the cooking classes (Potager du Chef) hosted by our chief.

Your sincerely.

ALAOUI-Fdili Abdelouahed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
brisbane australia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

we stayed in this hotel as part of a tour group the rooms were average swimming pool was great after a day touring in the heat the best thing about the hotel was the breakfast maybe being part of a group we didnt get the same attention as other reviwers did,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience, and positive feedback about the quality of our restaurant.

Your sincerely.

ALAOUI-Fdili Abdelouahed
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I chose this hotel while celebrating our wedding anniversary in Marrakech. I emailed the hotel in advance of us arriving in order to arrange some flowers for my wife and to make a reservation for a restaurant to take my wife on our anniversary. I had a swift reply from the head concierge, Youssef, who I must say was brilliant. He sent me a list of various restaurants including descriptions. Once I decided on one he organised the rest for me. During our stay every time we saw him he would welcome us and always had a smile on his face. This level of service was the general trend from the majority of the staff throughout our stay. I must say one negative point the lady on reception when we checked was not very welcoming, could have done with a smile.

The location is brilliant, 10 mins from the airport and 5 mins taxis to main medina and souks. The pool was superb which meant for a city break it had a perfect balance of site seeing but also relaxing by the pool. Pool staff were also very attentive.

The rooms were a little out dated so didn't quite feel like a 5 star but they were a good size, comfortable and clean.

Overall my wife and I had a fantastic time and would defiantly recommend the hotel to others.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your outstanding experience at Le Meridien N’Fis hotel and positive feedback about our staff and property location’s.

Your notes about the performance of our staff will be an added value to continue to provide the best service in order to satisfy all your expectations, and turn in your special celebrations as a part of unforgettable memories.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing trip full of surprises.

I will share your warms words with my staff specially Youssef.

Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My Wife and I decided to spend our Honeymoon in Marrakech, to take in a completely new cultural experience. We read some of the other reviews and can confimr that this was an overwhelming welcome by the fantastic doorman Saad. From the moment he brought over the scented water to wash your hands, followed by the mint tea, we knew that this would be a great trip.
We contacted the hotel in advance and the Concierge Youssef and his team made sure that we were well looked after and well prepared.His advice was sound and help with taxi fares and the Marrakech way of doing things was invaluable. We often thought that we were being pests, but his welcoming demeanour made us feel that nothing was further from the truth.
The Hotel is nicely located to be far enough out of the Medina to get some peace when required, but close enough to walk if you need to. The Pool was lovely and the weather a bit hot for us red-heads at 36 celcius.
The fantastic Concierge and his lobby team made us feel so welcome and that nothing was a problem for this Mr. Fix-it including meeting one of the scorer from the previous nights Africans Cup game. We wondered what would happen next.
A lovely time and lovely people with very comfortable rooms and great facilities.

Room Tip: When you decide to visit the Souks and the Medina, ask the Concierge to arrange an official guide. N...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your wonderful souvenirs at Le Meridien N’Fis hotel(as a part of your cultural experience) and positive feedback about staff’s attention and property location’s.

Your notes will be an added value to continue to provide the best service in order to satisfy all your expectations and let them come true.

Best Regards from our wonderful city… Marrakech!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Firstly would like to say that the welcome was fantastic we were asked to take a seat and given mint tea..

My wife and I have stayed in many Meridiens around the world and was quite disappointed throughout the week..

On day one (monday) we went for the breakfast which had a fine selection of bread and fruit - we had to ask three different waiters for tea and coffee and when it did arrive to our table we had almost finished the breakfast and the tea and coffee was just placed on the table in three jugs which we had to open and work out which was which.. fantastic fresh roses were also placed in the middle of the table.. (i will comment on the roses later again) - we sat at the back near childrens high chairs which had crumbs on the seat.

The pool area was great and the pool guy was very nice so hats off to him he placed towels down on chairs and arranged the umbrella. Pool was very cold - many people avoided it.

for lunch we tried the pizza at the Al Bikhra in the afternoon - i wanted a very simple pizza which was not on the menu after describing it for ages he finally got it smiled and walked away - 10mins later he brings a pizza which i had not ordered and when i questioned him he bought me the menu and pointed out a pizza to me - which i didnt even order.. but i ate it as i was hungry and picked the toppings off. Language is bit of an issue especially in the restaurants..

Day two for breakfast same story - tea and coffee to took ages. this time i thought i would try some eggs and the morrocan pancakes.. i wanted a hot fresh pancake but was told to take a previously cooked one which had now gone cold.. we sat on the same table - it was the same roses which were wilting slightly and the crumbs on the high chair was still there..

The beds were fantastic - big and comfortable.. however the AirCon a huge disappointment made alot of noise throughout the night..but we needed it on at all times as it got very hot.

we thought we would try out the bar - understandably the hotel has to keep prices in line with competition but the prices for a bottle of heinekin was phenominal

Day Three breakfast got slightly better.. tea and coffee came on time however the same roses were on that table wilting heavily and the crumbs on the high chair was still there.. I was hoping that freshly cooked food varied..

We ate the morrocon restaurant next to breakfast area for dinner and the chicken brochette i ate was fantastic but not a big vegetarian range for the missus. cous cous was very poor.

Breakfast Day Four.. tea and coffee on time - the roses were completely dead with caterpillars on them and the crumbs still on the high chair..

Overall - the hotel claims to be 4/5 * hotel, however i would give it 3 pushing 4 - it has the potential to do much much better - i couldnt help feel that whilst there was alot of effort put in to make the hotel look pretty there was not an equal amount of time and money put in the maintanance and simple training menthods..

the showers are dated A/C doesnt work properly and the waiters need to be consistent especially in the breakfast area..

I want to say the hotel is fantastic, great, phenominal - but i just cant.. I am sure in the coming years it will improve with growing competition in the area..

1 Thank Bhav370
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience. There is no doubt that all your notes will help us to ameliorate and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

We apologize for all the incidents that have been occurred during your stay and we inform you that a total renovation has been scheduled for 2012.

Concerning the prices, kindly note that they are adjusted to our hotel category and in line with competitors.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis as a second home address.

Best Regards from our wonderful city… Marrakech!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 October 2011

For me and me wife this was a complete highlevel hotel. A warm wellcome when arrived (at 11 pm!!) with hot towels and thee. A nice guy explaining where was doing what. A nice room with pool view. Very large breakfastbuffet and a staff where you can go with all your questions. Special thanks to the women who clean the bedrooms. This was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the property, restaurant specialty and staff’s attention (would you please provide us the room number where you had spent your stay in order to share your warms words with the women who’s taken care of your room).Your notes will be an added value to continue to provide the best services in order to satisfy all your expectations.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The service was excellent at every step. The accomodations were comfortable. The staff was very informative. It seemed that everyone went above and beyond to take extra special care of us.

We stayed for about a week between our travels from Spain to Portugal and got excellent suggestions and stellar treatment. The food in the restaurants were wonderfully flavored with moroccan spices, yet not over powering. The Breakfast bruch was abundant, so many options.

Relaxing by the pool was soothing, very enjoyable.

It was a lovely experience. Thank you.

Make sure you take a trip up into the Altas Mountains... Breath taking and unforgetable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your memorable souvenirs at Le Meridien N’Fis hotel and wonderful comments about our staff, restaurants and the quality of services.

Your notes are considered as an added value to continue to provide the best service in order to satisfy all your expectations and let them come true.