Am I the only person who disliked the centre of Marrakesh? We visited in October 2011 and stayed at Le Meridien, a well placed hotel in pleasant grounds, lovely gardens, and having good bedrooms, spacious with well equipped bathrooms, it is not in the first flush of youth but the pool area was clean and we were well looked after, the weather was just right,warm enough for sunbathing after all the sightseeing.
Personally I thought the main square in the city a dirty, noisy, overcrowded mess and that was in the daytime. We used the hop on hop off bus from directly outside the hotel to get around visiting the other sights, got through the main souk/spice market near the Jewish quarter without too much hassel, watched two women have a big fight outside the public loos by the entrance to the souk and managed to visit a museum or two.
Just down from the hotel are some very useful cafe/restaurants where we ate most nights the hotel restaurant being rather below par and expensive. These cafes also made excellent salads and some excellent coffee which the hotel did not. The breakfast coffee from an urn was awful, but one day we actually were asked by the waitress if we liked espresso or cappachino and we had fresh coffee - bliss, but this had never been offered before! Breakfast was buffet style, fairly well replenished but with occasional hiccups. As always in N African countries management was visible but ineffective.
Don't bother going to the 'gardens' further up the main road, just a dusty palm plantation with a huge reservoir but it made a good walk. The new town very elegant and good shopping also served by the hop on/off bus which goes on for a tour of the outskirts of the city and a chance for seeing some lovely houses, more palms and camels. Golf for those who are interested seems quite available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech