“No disagreement with the mix bag of reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Meridien N'Fis

Le Meridien N'Fis
Ranked #134 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“No disagreement with the mix bag of reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Greeting: Friendly and welcoming - door staff excellent, cannot fault them
Concierge: Poor - lack of available guest information and mislead us in finding nearby restaurants etc.
Room: Good - SPG on 2nd floor, so recently refurbished. Didn't personally experience any excessive sounds from other rooms/corridor/bar music/traffic noise. However, A/C is not adequate, so gets v. stuffy overnight and especially when the bathroom steam enters the room due to poor extraction.
Housekeeping: Morning and evening maid serivice and fresh towels daily. Hotel and its grounds clean and well maintained
Food: Breakfast is hot & cold buffet... will be the biggest meal you'll eat all day, so fill your boots - note they're not big on portion sizes in Marrakech. The 'Morocaine' Resaturant is simply average/on par with others in the new town.
Service: SLOW! Again, comparable with the general service in Marrakech. The evening waiters were particularly commentable and the pool restaurant/bar staff also less than attentive other than the towel and sun lounger guys.
Location: Good. Didn't walk to the Medina or new town but taxi ~£2-3 so why bother.

Summary: Pool temperature too cold and room temperature too warm. Everything else was fine.

1 Thank Meloncholybabe
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Meloncholybade,

I’d like to thank you for posting and sharing with us your feed-back on your stay at Le Meridien N’fis hotel.

All your valuable and positive remarks are an added value to keep providing the best service in order to better meet your expectations.

We are deeply sorry to notice your dissatisfaction, but be sure that all your notes have been already shared with the department concerned in order to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

We hope welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’fis

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had read some reviews after booking which made us question our choice of hotel. However, as you can see from our rating we were pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. The rooms were spotless as was the rest of the hotel.

We haven't commented on the spa as we didn't use it. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we prefer to explore our surroundings and eat in local eateries.

We would happily recommend this hotel, but advise people to check the room facilities (tea and coffee making, fridge etc) if these are important to you. That said we have been advised by manager that these are being reviewed.

1 Thank Colin W
Dear Colin W,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’fis Team,

We thank you so much for sharing with us some of your wonderful souvenirs regarding Le Meridien N’fis Marrakech.

Now you’re one of our faithful ambassadors abroad, whom forward truly and spontaneously the whole script regarding our property, specially when you have described our Staff and location.

We hope to welcome you back at Le Meridien N’fis for more amazing discoveries at your second home address.

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed with my partner in March 2014. Well received welcome and Moroccan tea upon arrival.

Gardens are beautiful with a range of different trees surrounding the pathways. It was a shame that the fountains, especially the long centrepiece leading to the restaurant, were half working and resembled a trickle of a tap as opposed to that pictured on their website. A small heated pool wouldn't go a miss in the colder months either, as it was too cold to swim during our stay.

Aside from that, breakfast is full and well presented, with a range of meat, cheese, bread, omelettes (with a good range of requested fillings) and pancakes made fresh.

We also ate at the Moroccan Restaurant twice and I would recommend trying the chicken tajine. The live music every night adds to a great atmosphere and is ideal for getting used to a little taste of Morocco before venturing out into the city.

The location of this hotel is ideal for escaping the busy swell of the square, however the music was very loud and rang into the night, making it very difficult to sleep. If you like to explore the city properly, like us, I would advise that you prepare for a lot of walking, a taxi back is not a bad idea, but agree a price before you get in and have a map before you go (we bought one from the airport in London).

**** One of our taxi drivers tried to drop us off somewhere completely different when we asked for The Souks. TOP TIP: do not get out, you agreed a price and location, stick to your guns and be confident. This, I am sure, is not common - but be aware. ****

Nice hotel but no more than average, which is a shame as it has great potential.

Things that we believe would help it to improve:

Free Wifi
Links with excursion providers?
We couldn't access our email to book a trip to the Ourika Valley and when ringing reception for help the gentleman (?!) on the desk hung up on us twice. Sub-ideal. Perhaps he should take a lesson in good service from the restaurant and door staff who were great.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
1 Thank Hannah M
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Hannah M,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us your feed-back on your stay at Le Meridien N’fis hotel.

We are deeply sorry to notice your dissatisfaction, but be sure that all your notes have been already shared with the top management in order to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

We hope that this experience will not be the final judgment from your behalf, we wish welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’fis.

Fulham, London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I visit Marrakech four of five times a year, for business, and stay here virtually always. I have not written a review before, since always had mixed feelings about the hotel. However, I recently read some negative reviews and, following a superb stay last week, thought it time I logged a post.

I imagine I am one of the most frequent visitors to the hotel. I always receive a very warm welcome from the superb team of Doormen, particularly Said and Mohamed. They are a brilliant introduction to the hotel, always keen to help and give advice. Their enthusiasm is matched by the superb restaurant staff and housekeeping.

The hotel has been poor at rewarding loyalty, other than free wi-fi. The first time I stayed, at the end of 2010, I got a bottle of wine in my room. I remember it well since there was no corkscrew and the restaurants didn't want to lend me one. It kind of took the point of the gift away! Since then, I have had no recognition of any kind at all, until this stay whenI had a small note in my room welcoming me back. A really small touch, but it is just nice to be recognised. The front desk was also much more welcoming than usual. I suspect there may have been a change of management since my last visit in August and an emphasis is being made on welcoming repeat guests.

It is true that, compared to Le Meridien rooms globally, the rooms in this hotel are basic. The mini bars (for instance) are not really cold and rooms do bang and make a lot of noise at peak times. However, this is South Morocco and it is unfair to judge Marrakech hotels by a global standard. I know the luxury hotel in the city well and they would not fare well either, when judged against international comparison.

The Restaurant menus have had a refresh, and the Moroccan restaurant moved, demonstrating a fresh approach. Breakfast is basic (and there is a silly new fridge for salad and fruit which means that it is hard for more than one person to help themselves at the same time).

On the positives, service is excellent and the gardens are superb. The location is perfect. A quiet balance between the noise of the Medina and the soulless hotels in the new town (Gueliz). Both are in walking distance. The gardens are superb, as is the large pool. In an ideal world, the pool would be heated. However, heated pools are very rare in Morocco - particularly at this price point. Marrakech is one of the few destinations where much of the year is characterised by hot days, and bitterly cold tights, meaning pools are cold outside summer.

Since I know Marrakech well, I have rarely had to use the concierge. However, on this occasion, I needed some help and Yousef was fantastic. He was eager to please and genuinely concerned that his advice was useful.

In summary, I believe this to be one of the best locations of a Marrakech hotel, brilliant staff and superb gardens. For those wishing to spend more, there are better hotels in Marrakech - but I choose not to stay in them. This strikes the right balance between good value for money, a range of facilities and a superb welcome.

Le Meridien N'Fis is an asset to Starwood and I look forward to my visit next month!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexFulham_London
Dear AlexFulham_Lond,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that your stay at our property was a great success. We are also glad of this opportunity and to have you as one of our ambassadors in Tripadvisor to tell the full and true story about our property, the efficiency of our staff, and the excellent service provided by them to turn your experience at Le Meridien N’fis into an amazing experience, full of professional and energetic service adequate to Starwood standards and Moroccan hospitality traditions.

We thank you so much for your valuable remarks in your first review which represent a special medal from a faithful guest ; and hope welcoming you again in order to discover more and more wonderful things at your second home address in Marrakech.

Best Regards from colorful & amazing Marrakech!

Boulogne-sur-Mer, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Had a family break with wife and two teenage boys for 4 nights here. Adult son joined us for 2 days as well. All paid for by SPG points. I spend my life travelling and am an SPG Platinum member, but I have never been so well treated as I was here. Used suite nights to upgrade to a newly-refurbished suite which was excellent, clean and comfortable. As the 3 rooms were booked from a Platinum account breakfast was complimentary for all. Breakfast was good and I really don't understand some of the comments on this site about lack of variety. It included eggs any way you wantedt them, beef sausages, local specialities, pancakes (including the local ones, made fresh), omelletes to order, cheeses, fresh fruit, sliced meats, breads, cereals, fruit-juices etc. After our first morning there the waitress, Ghizlaine, knew exactly what we wanted to drink and it suddenly appeared. Staff at the front desk remembered our names and were very courteous and friendly. Outdoor pool is big but a bit cold in March, but not too cold to stop us Brits. The poolman just suddenly apeared with towels and arranged furniture etc.
The staff are led by Matheu the General Manager who was on hand when we arrived and spent quite a while chatting to us and our lads, in both English and French. Very close to both the airport(10 minutes) and the Medina and Souks. We ate in the Morrocoan restaurant in the hotel a couple of nights and it was very good. I've seen some comments here about prices but I have paid a lot more for a lot less in other parts of the world. Thanks to the Executive Chef Ahmed.
Highlight was a day-trip up and over the Atlas mountains in a 4WD with Ali, a Touareg camelman originally, breathtaking scenery and some of the most capable and safe driving I have ever come across. All in all an excellent break, we have already decided to go back again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear FroggyPete,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’fis Team,

We are so so delighted to know that your stay at our property as an Spg member was a great success. We are also glad of this opportunity and to have you as one of our ambassadors in Tripadvisor to tell the full and true story about our property, the efficiency of our staff, and the excellent service provided by them to turn your experience at Le Meridien N’fis into an amazing experience, full of professional and energetic service adequate to Starwood standards and Moroccan hospitality traditions.

We thank you so much for your valuable remarks; and hope welcoming you again in order to discover more and more wonderful things at your second home address in Marrakech.

Best Regards from colorful & amazing Marrakech!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Don't come here expecting Le Meridien you get elsewhere in the world. This is a nice hotel, located not far from the action, but it is very dated. The staff is very helpful and kind, most speak perfect English. The staff was by far my favorite part of this hotel, including the General Manager Mathieu who didn't hesitate to help with anything, including recommending our favorite meal of the entire trip! (Maison MK)

The room was dated, but very clean and large. Our room air conditioner/heater did not work at all, so we opened the huge sliding glass doors for fresh air, only to be disappointed with cigarette smoke billowing in from below. My other complaints are; the charge for wifi when every other hotel or restaurant offers it freely, and the ever present smoke smell. Also, the bathtubs are old, and very slippery, use caution when getting in and out. The spa was a disaster, with ZERO effort made to encourage a peaceful, quiet visit. I went in for a 60 min massage, and I did not enjoy it at all. Although my therapist was good, it was not relaxing at all. The noise from the other staff in the hallway was louder than the music in my room. It was distracting and made for a unenjoyable visit.

Breakfast is great, so many choices, I recommend you pay for it with your room, as it is less money that way. The pool and surrounding grounds are beautiful. My reason for three stars is the staff, they were fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear shellbellmay,

We hope that this experience will not be the final judgment from your behalf, we wish welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’fis to live an amazing trip instead of the oldest one.

Steamboat Springs, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice spacious rooms. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very nice courtyard. Pool looked refreshing (weather too cool to test). No deal on WiFi for SPG members unless in upper tiers. Visited in Feb, so no air con available even though rooms were quite warm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear sugarae23,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’fis,

We thank you for taking the time to post and share with us your feed-back regarding your last stay at Le Meridien N’fis Marrakech, and positive feedback about property, garden, restaurant and pool.