“top class and plesant people”
Review of Grand Hotel Tazi

Grand Hotel Tazi
Ranked #482 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 15 October 2009

im pleased to have been staying at hotel tazi frequently 30trips to morocco and really ive been looked after like a king the staff at reception are the best the staff in resturant very helpful pool staff top class and ladies responsible for rooms excellent really i highly recommend to all travellers food top class bar top class hotel tazi situated in wonderful location to walk anywhere in marrakech taxi on hand for airport or bus stations i have strongly recommended this hotel to many my friends and all have thanked me so go there and enjoy beautiful marrakech paschal mooney

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muchtravelled30

Reviewed 3 October 2009

Didn't stay but had a meal on the roof terrace, it was OK. The waiter kept offering us a deal on the menu until we got what we needed, basically one table d'hote between us. View was good fun, waiters amicable. Nothing more than average.

The hotel was tired, Perhaps 'Grand' in Moroccan means that in the past it was somewhere to stay but not anymore.

Great location but you can find cleaner, nicer and cheaper in the Medina if you look. Lonely Planet needs to revisit this place with a view to getting it removed from next years edition

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HtDMtD
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We didn't stay at this hotel - we just went there for a quick beer whilst in the Medina.... what turned out to be a quick beer has turned into a very long love affair with the lavatory! The place is an absolute rip off - once seated for beers we were informed that it was a restaurant and we had to eat.. my advice if you have to buy the food DON'T eat it. The lure of cold beer on a hot day just isn't worth it. The place is filthy, the staff con artists. VILE!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank SarahLouLondon
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Taji between March 16 and March 31, 2009. I found that the hotel was very good location and the price within my budget. There was free wifi in the lobby. The staff were helpful and my room was very clean with fresh towels everyday which I finally declined. I came in and out of the hotel three times as I traveled. They found a room for me one night when they were full. It was good value
In the price range (280 dirhams) for a single room. I opted for a street side room. I would certainly return. The Souk was handy as well as the famous Djemaa el-Fna. The lobby fills up with travelers in the late afternoon with beer available. There is also a roof terrace with a restaurant which has live music sometimes at lunchtime.
I would not hesitate to stay there again.

1  Thank Bangkoknow
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I have stayed here twice through my own choice and I really like it! The staff have always been very friendly, helpful and not trying to rip me off to take tours etc. everytime I walk thru the reception as I have seen in other Moroccan Hotels. This time I took my mum who absolutely loved it too. We spent 9 days in the hotel because of its convenient location and because it was great value for money. The swimmingpool is a fabulous relief from the hot Moroccan sun at most times of the year. Our room was typically Moroccan decor, kitch but really clean and our girls looked after us for anything we requested and even did our washing and brought it back. Yes it is old and no its not an international hotel but neither is the price. They are in the middle of renovations and have done a lot since I was there in Feb 08.
However, I wouldnt eat the breakfast ... really bad! It was 30durhams I think but for 15durhams we walked across the road to the cafe every morning for a fabulous breakfast of freshly made omlettes, bread and coffee. We were there during the end of Ramadan which was most interesting to understand the Moroccan way of life.
I guess I like to feel the culture and a real travel experience as opposed to sitting in a hotel that is the comforts of home, afterall thats what you travel for isn't it?
i'll be back and would recommend it to any budget traveller or those who want to experience a typical Morrocan hotel.
"the earth is a book and those who do not travel read only one page"... St Augustine

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 10 November 2008

If you're in the Medina and you want a cold beer, go to the Tazi. Otherwise stay away, it's an absolute dump. Take note that Friday night does seem to be gay night so be aware. One of the waiters certainly took a shine to me!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TheCursedVagrant
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Staying in Agadir we wanted to see marrakesh so our guide arranged an overnight stop at this hotel..
to be honest i liked it i accepted it because it was moroccan and not international and for that reason i llked it -the decor and atmosphere.were fine by me the alabaster work lovely in the reception and dining area,,,.problem with international hotels is where ever u go in the world they are the same so u could be staying anywhere.....and that is not what its about for me....
i have stayed in worse believe me once in an egyptian hotel nr el giza station...its 2nd and third floor were missing...and i was on 4th! .anyway , the tazi, - We enjoyed the lunch on arrival the two musicians .playing quietly, . then we were out and about did not have dinner there but came back late and slept.... woke to call to prayer at 530am and jumped out of bed to record that siren going off like world war 2 ...blitz!
in morning breakfast was very poor being just bread jams serving yourself....but after that i called in internet cafe very cheap! just across the road and then we were away and on to see Ousseria and then back to Agadir...believe it or not i returned to this hotel a week later to see more of Marrakesh..just for one more night.. and spent time at the CAfe Glace enjoying the views at night and day watching the square from the uipstairs balcony while eating lovely salad and pizza The restaurant manager of the Tazi was very grumpy complaining to my guide that the tourists were not tipping enough!!!!! making the staff very sad......but then if their service had been very good people would have tipped?....wouldnt they?

• Stayed: September 2007