“"Marrakech" Full of eastern promise”
Review of Hotel Amine

Hotel Amine
Ranked #457 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We spent 4 night at this hotel,a short bus ride from main square and the best thing I can say is the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The whole place needs a 'makeover' as it looks tired with paint stripping off several walls and a very noisy air conditioner.
There is a nice outside bar next to a large pool and they play some 'cool' music
Still I paid less than 60 euros for 4 nights so I cannot complain.There was a TV in each twin room with BBC world and 5 other stations.The wifi only worked in the lobby area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tony b
There are newer reviews for Hotel Amine

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having read lots of very bad reviews on Hotel Amine, I wasn't really sure what to expect. It's easy to find being on the road to Casablanca, about a 20 dirhams taxi ride to the medina. Being away from the centre means it's quiet...at night the only sound was the crickets. The gardens and the pool area are very well maintained, and it's lovely eating breakfast out in the garden. I was impressed with the choice at breakfast (it's a MUCH bigger choice than you would ever get in a riad!!). The staff were always pleasant and helpful, I was given clean towels every day and the maids knocked twice before entering. The small problems I had were dealt with very quickly and efficiently. The hotel is run down and would need a lot of money to upgrade it, but having said that...what do you expect for the price? It is excellent value. Sleeping was difficult because of the awful pillow, but once they had changed that it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynda A
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just came back from the Amine Hotel. I have to say, it was way better than I expected. Staff was very helpful and changed my room without any fuss (I wanted a quiet room in the back).
My room was lovely, with a small balcony. Tv channels are few but again, I didn't go to Marrakesh to watch Tv, so that didn't bother me.
Breakfast is basic but ok in my opinion. I didn't have lunch and dinner at the hotel so can't comment on that. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby where you can eat well for a good price. Location is ok, a bit far away from the Fna, but if you are up for a walk that can be done on foot and it's quite straightforward, if not bus 1 stops in front of hotel and take you there in 20 minutes. Swimming pool was great, clean and nice. I also used the Hammam there and had a massage as well. I enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013

well where do I start ... it was totally hilarious the hotel was probably glorious in its hey day but does look a bit shabby now... the reception was shabby but the staff were helpful ... the room was ok on the ground floor but again was a bit shabby but it was clean and the room maids were friendly... the bar was lovely and had a good range of drinks the bar man was efficient and will bring you little bowls of nibbles with your drink even if I was the only person in the bar lol.... the waiters in the restaurant were lovely especially ahmed who looked after me all week and was efficient getting me a pot of coffee instead of the luke warm stuff out of the coffee urn at breakfast and I always had butter with my bread just tip him a bit and he will bend over backwards for you have plenty of nibbles and bread as the food really lets the hotel down especially if it is buffet day as its always cold and not very tasty.... if they got a different chef and refurbished it could be a nice hotel with a nice pool area .... oh I nearly forgot wear earplugs at night as the door slamming is really bad and you may need them for the pool if the music has been turned up lol....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Booked with Hostel World. Advised by them that there would be a balance to pay. Hotel refused to take account of deposit paid to Hostel World and reception manager just shrugged his shoulders (and kept the receipt I gave him which confirmed the booking). Breakfast consists of pile of croissants which are often re arranged by hand by the bored waiters... yuk. No fruit. There are also some rolls and some cooked in front of you pancakes and some tomatoes and cucumbers with cottage cheese. OK for most people for the week. coffee on tap in a samovar and tea but not very hot for some reason. Cockroach at least 10 cm long in my bathroom. bidet constantly ran with water as the tap could not be turned off. The hook which was supposed to locked the patio doors fell to the floor when I touched it so there was no sense of security. Taxi to the airport should have been 2o dirhams as we had the previous day gone to the Minara (the building with the square pond in front) but the hotel got an old guy which must have been the manager's dad to pick us up and he insisted on being paid 200 dirhams. If you query the price they just grab your bags and start putting them in the boot and you have to forcibly tell them you don't accept the price as you know you are being ripped off. Apparently there is an airport bus that picks up from hotels so I would look into that if I were you. In hindsight I should have gone via resorthoppa as we were similarly ripped off by the taxi driver when we arrived. only 5kms but they charged 25 euros. Should have been more like 2. Best advice I can give is don't go to morroco at all. Everyone short changes you or tells you its one price then once you have given them the money they tell you its a higher price. Beggars touching you, standing in front of you; raw sewage smells as you are walking, food causing tummy upsets - it has little to redeem itself.

Room Tip: find a different hotel or it will ruin your holiday
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is my first review ever! but I was that disappointed I wanted to go home. I arrived at this hotel after a delayed flight with Ryanair (nothing new there) I had checked on trip adviser a few days before going and rang the travel agent A1 Travel to query the star rating they assured me it was a four star and even sent me additional information. I had telephoned the hotel the day before arrival and reserved a room on the 3/4th floor which was confirmed. When I arrived I was given keys and taken to a ground/basement room it was so dark and eerie down there. Well on opening the door it was a none starter (bearing in mind this was after 12 midnight) I was then shown a further 3 rooms one of which had not even been cleaned. I finally settled on the last room and switched on the TV only 1 English channel available I sat on the bed and thought I'm not even getting undressed and would have to look for another hotel in the morning! when the door knocked and the porter said he had another room (he must have read my mind) I was given room 341 it was not brilliant but it was better than the other 4 I had been seen previously. You cannot blame the hotel it was clean but really very tired the staff bent over backwoods to accommodate the quests. But the travel agent should not be selling the hotel as a four star.The breakfast was very basic like you would get in a motel in Orlando. The staff all very helpfully but this is really a 2/3 star rating the hotel may have been a four star when first opened probably 30 yrs or so years ago!! there was no fridge or tea making facilities in the room along with none working air conditioning they cleaned the room each day but never changed the sheets!! so if your expecting 4 Star don't!!! The pool is really nice and is cleaned each day but not sure if chlorine is used the pool the person just fishes out any unwanted floating objects but it has good spaces and adequate seating..

Room Tip: Take a room on the 3/4th floors with pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

second trip to hotel amine, staff are on the whole friendly, it does help to know a little french,the pool area is the best feature of a slightly run down premises, bedrooms although clean need a spruce up, phone not working and balcony door falling apart, worse than my first stay, a year ago.
As mentioned pool area great, but not the loud music, asked if volume could be lowered to a more relaxing level, it was turned off, then later back up to the high level they seem to like,guests were reading ,chatting and nodding off, or at least trying to, i am not sure i think i may have been at a rave, in the end i was wearing ear plugs by pool, not the relaxing time i had hoped for.
pete

Room Tip: pool view very pretty.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends