“Memorable Stay!”

Ranked #15 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Montreal, Canada
“Memorable Stay!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I'm a very picky traveler but I have to admit … La Maison Arabe was an outstanding experience!
The rooms are very clean, the service is impeccable, the staff is great and the location is fantastic.
This is truly a magical place you do not want to miss!
I never had a chance to stay in a Riad so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m just glad I picked the right place and I’m very happy with my choice.

1 Thank Tarik K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Our third visit to this superb hotel. Each time we return we love it a bit more. The magic of walking into a beautiful place from the chaos of the streets matched by the warmth of the staff makes for a wonderful welcome. The level of care in every way sets a standard so many hotels could learn from.
I hesitate to wonder if we will ever find a place quite as superb anywhere else.

Room Tip: The loveliest rooms look over the garden. Magical at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul T
Malcolm IA
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My goodness, this is a beautiful hotel. I took my "baby" sister to Morocco for her 65th birthday. We wanted to go to a place that was as different as could be from our small town lives. Marrakech fit the bill. While out on the streets we felt as American as we must have looked. But in this lovely hotel, we never felt like anything but family. I loved all the beautiful knick-knacks and the carved plaster. The food was delicious. We ate in all of the restaurants and the bar. I wanted to try everything on all of the menus because everything was so yummy. We even went out to the country pool for an afternoon. The gardens there were lovely and I loved listening to and watching all the birds that flit around the pool and cafe. We splurged for a spa treatment too, and it was so relaxing that we just decided to sit around the pool for the rest of the day instead of venturing out of the hotel. The staff was really sweet to us. They found us a very courteous guide to take us around town. I was reminded of how hotel staff used to be when we were younger. Very polite and eager to help out. Every request was answered with a yes and a smile.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hazel m
texas
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We spent 4 nights here in early August. It was awesome. Lovely hotel and great location. Tried a hammam for hte first time. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed a drink in the bar every night before dinner. And even ate in the bar for a low key dinner. Loved Marrakech and the vibrant atmosphere. Will definitely be back. Enjoyed Morocco very much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were attracted to La Maison Arabe by it's facilities - restaurant, piano bar and country club. Having recently experienced a stay in a true riad, it was very civilised to be able to have a pre dinner drink in the bar while we perused the restaurant menu. The restaurant itself was in a lovely setting and the food was good. It was easy and relaxing to go to dinner without leaving the hotel. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven when we spent the day at the country club. The service there was outstanding. Perhaps we didn't choose our room too wisely as it was very narrow and we were woken by the pre dawn call to prayer each night. There is a mosque close by. Also be aware that a 10% service charge is levied on all food and beverage, even on a bottle of water.

1 Thank Travelgirl1360
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Absolutely loved this place which hasn't lost any of its original charm but boasts all modern facilities. We couldn't fault the service. I could rant on and on about how great it is but it has been more than adequately covered by others, so thought I would add in some things you should do when you're here:
1 take mint tea in the salon
2 take lunch in the central patio area (we recommend the assorted Moroccan entrees washed down with some Moroccan wine)
3 take a cocktail in the Jazz Bar
4 don't miss the fantastic leather goods shop in the Ensemble Artisanale, 5 minutes walk from the hotel, its fixed price, relaxed shopping.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room with a private terrace, well worth it.
1 Thank harveythehoss
Grinnell, Iowa
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My goodness! My sister took me to Marrakech for my 65th birthday...a sort of senior citizen Carrie Bradshaw trip. We read the reviews for this place and decided this was the one. To say Marrakech was a culture shock for 2 Iowa girls raised on a farm is an understatement! But we never expected to be so welcomed as we were, especially at La Maison Arabe. It started life many years ago as a famous Moroccan restaurant and was turned into this charming little hotel by an Italian prince. We felt like princesses here. The service was so special and they were very helpful to us oldsters and attentive to our needs. The rooms were so beautiful and the food was delicious. I have to admit we were a little worried visiting Morocco, but we never had anything more bothersome than an agressive shopkeeper. The tone of our trip was nicely set by our welcome at this hotel. I would stay here again without any hesitations.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family