“Special place”

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We just returned from our 3 days vacation at La maison arabe
we just loved it.
Rooms, food and the Spa
don't miss the country club where you can rest in a nice garden with a huge pool
it's a special place with people who really show you that they are happy to serve you
Special thanks to Mrs. Maria who took care of us every morning with special treatment for breakfast .

Room Tip: room Dalila
1 Thank coskun A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We, four adults, spent four nights here in Mai 2013. The reception on our arrival was exceptional. Mr Adil, the Manager showed us round the whole place, which is composed of five adjoining Riads. The Riads are tastefully decorated and equipped in traditional moroccan style, with a Hammam and Spa, which one of our Party used every day and said she'd never had better Treatment.
The rooms are soundproofed and mainly overlook the pool which is surrounded by the courtyard Restaurant. A comprehensive Breakfast was enjoyed by all and Snacks could be had all day long. In the evenings, there is a choice between the traditional Morrocan Restaurant, where I expressly recommend the Taster Meal, introducing many morroccan dishes ( arrive with a BIG Appetite)! Meals may also be taken at the pool Restaurant.
I also recommend taking part in a short ( 1/2 - day course ) in local cuisine, where the cook, or Dada, explains about morroccan cooking and helps you to make a traditional Tagine which can later be eaten together with your Partner.
In the evenings, the Jazz cocktailbar is in Operation and during our visit a Pianist played unobtrusive Oldies.
A ten-minute ride in the Hotel bus takes you to the outskirts of Marrakech, where the Hotel keeps ist own Garden with pool, lounge beds and Snack bar. Don't miss a relaxing afternoon here, after a tiring morning in the nearby souks!
I must commend the Management and Staff for being so utterly helpful with all our requests for Transport, guides etc. Nothing was too much trouble - we saw only smiling faces - and we shall certainly be going back on our next visit to this fascinating City.
If there's a better, more central oasis of beauty and calm within the walls of the Medina, I shall not bother to search for it! Paradise is found and I know how to get there!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Garden Room.
1 Thank Roger W
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2013

7 members of my family stayed at La Maison Arabe and we loved it. After a long series of flights from the states we started with a Hamam. Wow! Great way to scrub -- literally -- the grime off. Then a terrific Moroccan meal in one of their two restaurants. The rooms were great and the staff fantastic. And for a treat just hop on the shuttle to their private country club.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Terry B
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Although I wasn`t fortunate enough to be a hotel guest and fully immerse myself in the sublime surroundings, I did have the pleasure of joining one of the well established cooking workshops. The cooking workshop lasts 5 hours and takes place in a purpose built kitchen overlooking the courtyard and pool - a most wonderful setting. The equipment and chefs were top drawer. The workshop has a very good reputation and I can see why. There is an opportunity to visit a local bakery, cook a tagine and other local delicacies.
I did manage make the rather elementary mistake of cutting myself rather badly, but was chauffeur driven to the nearest private hospital and fastracked to be seen within 10 minutes. Even the bill was picked up all courtesy of the General Manager Taoufik Ghaffouli. Fantastic service considering I wasn`t even a resident at the hotel.
I will certainly be staying at the hotel on my next visit to Marrakech.

chesterfield
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed Le Maison Arabe for four magical days at the start of May.
Marrakech is a wonderful country for exploring and excitement, Le Maison Arabe however added the luxury element and provided a true haven from the busy streets.
Our stay was for our wedding anniversary and we are so glad we decided to stay here. The facilities are excellent, the rooms are gorgeous, the restraunt and food are amazing and the staff are first class.

Nothing is too much trouble and you feel incredibly welcome from the time you arrive to the point of leaving.

The only problem is having to leave, now it just seems like a dream.

Looking forward to going back soon.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank JAYWOW
Sydney
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed twice within a week during our trip in Morocco. Maison Arabe had some competition from some other beautiful hotels in Fes and Ouarzazate, but overall we voted this the best we stayed at: service, ambience, comfort...

Room Tip: They are all lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saintgibby
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I recently went to Marrakesh and stayed at La Maison Arabe. I somehow got booked in this beautiful suite. The room is well apponted with traditional Moroccan furnishing. The service at the hotel was amazing and they attended to your every whim with a smile. For example, I informed that I was heading out to the souk on my own (as a single woman) and without prompting they provided me with a local cell phone to insure that if I needed help I could easily reach the hotel and have someone come get me. I also had a massage at the hotel and took a cooking class. All the services were amazing. I boarded my flight home completely relaxed and now I know how to prepare a chicken tagine (having learned from one of the best)!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo