...and quite possibly of the decade. Stayed here twice during a trip to Morocco. Firstly in room 216,for 4 nights, a suite in the older part of the hotel. Traditional furniture, lots of little windows (plus big ones) and a large patio overlooking the pool. Then returned for three nights to room 244, which is in the more modern part. Bright, well furnished and the most storage I have experienced in any hotel. Two full runs of wardrobe hanging plus 33 (I counted) drawers and shelves. A big lovely, relaxing room with large double windows looking onto the pool and across to the mosque.
Extraordinary hospitality and service from all the staff. One night there was a slightly intrusive noise of air conditioning. It was late and we wondered whether to mention it. Within two minutes of the call to reception a staff member was on the scene and pronounced "No good -like jet engine!" Ten minutes later there were muffled noises from the roof where the hotel technician was fixing the problem....at 1.30 am!! Amazing!
The pool in the evening is the setting for dinner by soft lights and candles with a very talented group of musicians playing traditional music in the background. Excellent food, a fusion of local and french cuisine.
The location is perfect - ten minutes walk to the main square and less to the souks with the bonus of a country garden and pool just 15 minutes by the hotel's courtesy car. For two blissful afternoons we had it almost to ourselves. Glasses of cool mint cordial and ice cream and water melon given free and a snack bar for a light lunch.
I really cannot rate this hotel too highly and many thanks for an unforgettable stay to all the smiling, helpful and lovely staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech