“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
York, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were recommended the restaurant of La Maison Arabe by a fellow guest at our Riad and we were not disappointed. Although we weren't staying here we could see how well appointed the hotel was, and we were treated like honoured guests just coming for a meal. The choice on the menu was excellent as it took into account people weary of tagines and brochettes, and the little lights given to help read the menus were a nice touch, as the restaurant is quite dark. That is not a complaint by the way - the ambience is delightful. Just keep in mind though that this is going to be more expensive than street food in Jemaa El-Fnaa.

Attentive services with excellent food and wine and beautiful surroundings made our evening here a delight. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at La Maison Arabe and spending a few days with enjoying the service. If I good give a place a sixth star I would, their service makes me want to go back and reevaluate all my prior reviews.

I arranged for transfer from the airport, and was met promptly by my driver. The hotel entrance is located on a quiet little allyway a short walk from the road. On arrival, I was treated to mint tea and allowed to relax in the salon while they dealt with my paperwork/passport. There was a fire going in the salon and it really felt like I had just come home. There are two adjoining salons, one done in traditional decorations, which I really liked, and a modern one. I then received a wonderful tour of the hotel from one of the front desk attendants. The hotel has two inner courtyards. The first adjoins the salons and the traditional Moroccan restaurant. The second contains the pool and the International restaurant. I enjoyed taking breakfast in the courtyard with the pool.

Rooms
After the tour, I was shown to my room. They had been nice enough to upgrade my room to a junior suite, I had booked a lower tier suite. The room was huge and well-appointed. I think I had forgotten to indicate that I was travelling alone and not as a couple and so they had decorated it beautifully with rose petals. When my girlfriend heard about that, she really let me have on the phone. The room had a fireplace in the sitting area, a great bathroom, and a balcony overlooking the pool. After walking around in some of the dirty parts of Marrakech, the room and hotel was an oasis to return to.

Food/Breakfast
The service staff of the restaurants was amazing! My first and second nights I ate at the traditional Moroccan restaurant within the hotel. The first night of my arrival I was presented with a complementary beverage, mint tea, and dessert. For the main course I had lamb tagine with a side of couscous. The food was excellent and the restaurant is well decorated. I am still not sure if the ceiling is tiles or painted. There was live music to listen, which really capped off the experience. For this reason, I returned the second night and the service was just as impeccable. The staff is so humble and welcoming, it was like being served by family. The second night I had the chicken and lemon tagine with couscous. Once again, they brought me mint tea and dessert (cookies). They treated me like a king, and I can't say how welcoming it was when I was travelling alone.

Breakfast
For breakfast, you have the choice of taking it in your room or at the restaurant by the pool. I liked to sit by the pool. The staff had some great suggestions on local foods to try with breakfast that I probably would not have tried if eating in my room.

Location
The hotel has a great location. It is walking distance to the souks and Jemaa el fna. It is just far enough away from those locations though where you escape from the tourists and the vendors.

Room Tip: I believe there probably isnt a bad room in the place, but I would prefer a room looking at the pool...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank StylianosAlatsis
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I cannot fully express how incredible this hotel is! I stayed for 3 nights with my girlfriend and we both found it very difficult to leave. La Maison Arabe is truly a magical and surreal place. While the amenities, decor etc... were top notch what stood out to the both of us was the staff. They were the friendliest most helpful group of people I have ever been around. They truly seem to derive happiness from serving their guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Malborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Have just spent 8 idyllic days at La Maison Arabe, a most beautiful riad in the Medina. The service was so friendly and superb, both restaurants serve wonderful food, both Moroccan and international. The public rooms and the bedrooms are beautifully decorated in gorgeous colours, We will return next year and can't wait to enjoy it all again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ghaffouli, General Manager at La Maison Arabe, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Mary,
Thank you for your review of La Maison Arabe and your very kind words regarding
our property's location, decoration and service.
There have recently been several reviews posted to our listing on Tripadvisor by
new members (only 1 posting) and who have given us a 5/5 score. These were
considered suspicious by Tripadvisor, and the result is that our ranking has been
downgraded from 5 to 26. In order to assure ourselves that this review was indeed
posted by a client who stayed at La Maison Arabe, would you please be so kind as to
contact me as soon as possible via email at: gm@lamaisonarabe.com , and let me know when you stayed at
our property and under what name the reservation was made. I sincerely thank you in
advance for your important help in this matter.
Taoufik Ghaffouli
La Maison Arabe
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just returned from a short break to Morocco, made perfect by our stay in this great hotel. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and our suite was lovely with its little private courtyard. The staff are wonderful, food is delicious, and the location ideal for exploring Marrakech. On our first day, my husband opted for the souks while I had one of the best massages I've ever had. He returned slightly frazzled, to find me in a blissed out glow, and immediately booked a hammam treatment for himself! Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janeelizal
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked this hotel as a birthday gift for my husband, he's a bit of a hotel snob so was worried about his reaction on arrival. Well, in his own words "This is the best hotel I have stayed in!". A short walk up an alleyway leads to this amazing hotel, once through the door you are greeted by the friendliest staff we have come across.

This hotel really is stuff dream are made of, the food is amazing which is backed up by the supreme service (Michelin star quality); the room we stayed in was a touch of Morocco, the feel and comfort was unsurpassed; the Hammam & Massage was the best and to top it of the location was perfect.

They also went out of there way to help me arrange multiple surprises for my husband and make the holiday perfect which it was.

If you stay in Marrakech you'd be a fool to miss out on this wonderful hotel it really is amazing, and we shall visit again in the next year or so.

Thanks for making our holiday perfect La Maison Arabe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simran2016
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel has the best service you could expect to find of any top class hotel anywhere in the world.
It is beautifully decorated with very comfortable rooms, excellent hospitality, and 2 very good restaurants.
The staff go more than the extra mile to make your stay welcoming and memorable. Would definitely stay there again despite not having tried other hotels in that city, I would just not bother investigating other hotels.

Room Tip: "Patio" room means the inner courtyard (probably quieter). "Garden" actually mea...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family