We had arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and take us straight to the Riad. It dropped us at the end of an alleyway, and we wondered what we were in for! As we were later to find out, the Riad, as with many other buildings in Marrakech, revealed behind the walls was a superb hidden oasis! We were warmly welcomed by the manager, and because we were a little early for check in, were treated to refreshments in one of the lovely courtyards. We were shown around the entire Riad and then to our room, which had a balcony, overlooking the pool and outdoor restaurant. The room was perfect, clean and welcoming. Plenty of room, with the bathroom more than adequate. All the of the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. they gave us advise on sightseeing and travelling around the town, and they arranged a super trip for us up into the Atlas Mountains. There are two main restaurants, one serving traditional Moroccan fare, and the other a variety. All the food in both restaurants were delicious. The Riad has a traditional Hammam and spa, do try it, it's superb! There are a couple of bars, and every evening we were there, there was a pianist in the jazz bar, a great start to any evening activities! The Riad has a country club, about ten minutes away and we spent a day there. Maybe because of the time of year, we were the only ones there! It has a larger pool, although not heated. We had lunch laid on for us and were waited on though out the day with refreshments. I would highly recommend this wonderful gem, well worth the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech