“I want to return!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Dayton, Ohio
“I want to return!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Maison Arabe June this year. My summary : for us it was a magical stay. We traveled from Casablanca to Marrakesh by taxi, the driver got lost and we ended up very upset after being harassed by local teens, the only very unpleasant episode during our 3 weeks in Morocco. The staff was very comforting, and I must praise them for being the soul of the Riad. It was them that made from this lovely lodge the wonderful place it is. Totally dedicated to the comfort and well being of their guests. Each and every one of them. They were there but unobtrusive. Their advice was always correct and all arrangements in transportation, reservations and guides were done to perfection.
Our room was lovely, large,separated into 2 areas with ample sleeping and seating space. Very private. More a warm and lavish home than a hotel.
This Riad has made wonderful use with the space they have, very tastefully decorated, generous, and with multiple areas for the guests to relax. As things are in Morocco, what you see from outside is not what you find once inside, mystery at every step.
We enjoyed the sumptuous breakfasts, which we had at the pool. Healthy offerings were plenty. There are 2 restaurants and both superb in service, decor and cuisine. Or dinner could be had around the pool. The hotel is nothing but charming, with much imagination. It is, in our memory the only that we would think as a destination by itself. What a creation!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Enrique E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here after 2 weeks travelling through rural morocco and were in much need of a touch of comfort and luxury. Arabe did not let us down. We were upgraded to a suite - perfection. The pool on site was gorgeous but we didn't use this as the pool facilities off site were simply amazing and a short trip away. We ate here one evening and the meal was also delicious. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the Maison Arabe in February this year with my partner for a Valentine's day break.
We had a suite on the first floor opposite the veranda overlooking the courtyard / dining area and the room was nice, large, clean and very airy; separated into 2 main parts with place to site and flat screen TV etc.

There was a good balcony. The room was air conditioned and the décor / fixtures in the room were all well maintained / clean / in good order.

The hotel itself is lovely - it isn't quite what you expect from the outside when you arrive.

The staff are excellent and attentive, all seemed to speak good English. Reception was always manned by at least 2 people and they were very helpful (to the point of giving us a mobile phone with the Hotel's number stored in it when we went exploring - in case we got lost).

The veranda is a good suntrap where you can sunbathe (or lie in the shade under an umbrella) and the waiters will pass by for you to order drinks.

The piano bar was very relaxed, drinks and snacks were all very good.

Breakfast was excellent as was the evening meal we had in the main dining room (we both had different tagines) and the local wines were also very good.

It isn't the cheapest place in Marrakech but I would say we got what we paid for.
our break was very relaxing and made more so by the hotel and the staff.

I would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Andrew J
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was one of the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in while traveling abroad . I had the Royal suite and it was wonderful. The bar is georgous with a great bartender, smooth jazz playing on the piano and comfortable seating area. The restaurant is beautiful and the spa incredible .

Room Tip: Get the Royal Suite for a special occasion it is wonderful 3 floors and private rooftop jacuzzi and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at La Maison Arabe for three nights in mid-June and enjoyed every minute of our time there. The property is a tastefully renovated riad which used to be a restaurant and has expanded over the years. La Maison is now a well-oiled machine, one of the best hotels we have ever had the luck to stay in. The staff strive for excellence: receptionists, waiters, cleaners chefs worked relentlessly and efficiently to promptly respond to all our requests and made our experience unforgettable. We were impressed by the attention to details, the decor and the peacefulness of La Maison which strongly contrasts with the world outside.The Breakfast buffet was beautifully presented and hard to fault together with the two restaurants and the complimentary Moroccan afternoon tea. Our room was spotless and tidied up twice a day. We also tried the room service which was fast and reliable.A special thank to Hicham and Adil for the impeccable service and their kindness. We hope to come back soon!
Stefano & Emilia

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Although I have stayed at this beautiful Riad more than 5 times, each time the hotel has expanded its amenities and service, but has lost none of the charm and personality that originally drew us here. This has been the favorite of every friend we have ever brought with us to this wonderful country--and it just gets better and better. Where to begin? First, although it had been five years since our last visit--the incredible bartender, Rachid, remembered us and greeted my family with delicious, fresh, and highly imaginative drinks while we filled out the paperwork by the stunning pool (the moment he saw me, he gave me a warm handshake and told me that he remembered I don't take my martinis with vermouth--he was right, I don't). Mourad, at reception, will go down in my memory as one of the most professional, patient, and knowledgeable front staff I have ever met at any hotel in the world. The piano bar is wonderful. The decor is incredible--and I would think any interior decorator in the world should wish to stay here just to be schooled in chic Moorish design. And the rooms are stunning and imaginative.
We took the cooking class at the state of the art kitchens at an area of the grounds called the country club (a short 5 minute drive from the hotel, replete with another swimming pool and lush exotic setting). It was incredible, and even though I lived in the country in the late 80's--I learned quite a bit from our fantastic teacher and dada. I would highly recommend this opportunity.
The restaurant is outstanding, and although it is not inexpensive, it is of the highest European standards in quality and safety--no one in my family has ever gotten sick--which is a huge consideration in this country. No one wants to get ill on vacation, and no one has while staying here. The breakfast was incredible, with all of the fare chilled when it needed to be chilled, and freshly prepared for those wishing hot food. I have dreamt of the homemade yogurt, and it always lives up to my best memories.
We have stayed at La Mamounia--and even though it is far more expensive--it is impersonal and Euro-dull, La Maison Arabe, for so many reasons, is always our favorite. The Chicago Tribune recently wrote that La Maison Arabe is one of the top 10 hotels in the world for service and overall experience. I could not agree more. I hope the hotel reads my review--truly, a love letter to a hotel which consistently enriches our life. Thank you so much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank William F
Ghaffouli, General Manager at La Maison Arabe, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We would like to thank you for your very kind words and continued loyalty to La Maison Arabe over so many years.
Your feedback has brought smiles to every face on our team.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to La Maison Arabe, which we hope you consider your home in Marrakech.
Taoufik Ghaffouli
La Maison Arabe
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great escape from the streets,chilled and relaxed hotel but very efficient staff the attention to detail was evident in all aspects of the hotel food decor and ambience
Staff and front desk very friendly nothing was a problem organised trips taxis
went everyday to the country club and swam which was amazing in 41dgs staff and food just as good here which great shuttle service
Would recommend and will go back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple