“My favorite hotel in the world.”
Review of La Maison Arabe

La Maison Arabe
Ranked #18 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 8 July 2009

As a travel writer, I've stayed in some great places, but this one -- for so many reasons -- is my favorite. The service is friendly and generous. The hotel is full of amazing, eclectic art and has wonderful nooks and crannies to sit in with a good book. The pool in the new addition is beautiful (it's rare to have a property in the medina with a decent size pool), but don't let that you dissuade you from taking a free shuttle out to the hotel's "country club." The country club has nothing to do with golf, but rather is a country oasis, with some of the most amazing gardens ever (rosemary hedges) and a lovely pool area and casbah.

Located on the edge of the medina, shopping is convenient, but the overall area isn't noisy.

Their chicken pastillas are the best ever and even non-cooks can appreciate one of their cooking workshops.

I hope I get to return some day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank NutellaFiend
Write a ReviewReviews (2,124)

Reviewed 3 July 2009

Only had one night, whats nice about this hotel is that it offers an alternative to the "pure Riads" where its little bit larger with outstanding public spaces to hang out and a restaurant which is a huge plus. EVERY DETAIL is thought through. Particularly spectacular is the choice of color schemes and night lighting that is so magical. This doesnt just happen, someone has worked hard with such attention to detail. The manager went out of her way to find me to make sure that my stay was going well. Note the historic restaurant was under renovation when I visited however, the restaurant by the poole is probably the most romantic beautiful setting I have seen and they had live music playing during dinner! Room was just as nice -- the turn down service litterally reorganized all of the toiletries etc so it was as if I just checked in -- some of the best I have seen.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2009

From the moment we walked through the entry door we were welcomed and treated like royalty. The first impression of the hotel is one of elegant sophistication, incorporating the best elements of Moroccan. The place is stunning! As the hotel is located right in the heart of the old medina, it seems to consist of a series of interconnected buildings which really add a warmth and cosy feeling as there is no expansive lobby to contend with - instead, around every corner there is wonderful with art, impressive antiques, armchairs, etc.

The bar is a delight! Very welcoming, with an extensive cocktail list. The restaurant is even more impressive with food that is beautifully presented, and succeeds in creating a delectable fusion of Moroccan and European tastes.

I could also not believe that there could be a such a huge swimming pool right in the heart of the medina. I understand that this has just been added after the hotel was able to acquire an adjoining property, but one would never know as the addition was seamless and integrates beautifully with the rest of the hotel.

Our room was magnificent - spacious, tasteful, quiet and had its own balcony. I would hightly recommend this hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matie000
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This was such a luxurious hotel. Me and my husband had the time of our lives while staying here. It is such a beautiful and relaxing hotel. The best place to be when going on vacation. The setting was so wonderful with beautiful Moroccan antiques and rugs. Everything that you could possibly need while on vacation is here. Me and my husband had such a fabulous time we can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

This is my second tripin Marrakesh and my second stay in La Maison Arabe, I was so surprised by new extension, new rooms, more restaurant and the best of is the swimming pool. The hotel location is very convenient.Close to the down twon .Very good restaurants close by and a convenient shop across the street.The price I paid for 11 nights was excellent for what we got.Will go there again

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Entering in the Maison Arab is as if you are entering in a small paradise in Marrakesh. Beautiful service always ready to help. The hotel is beautifully decorated with antiques. Inside the hotel there is a restaurant. Although we ate in three other considered to be the best in the city, the best restaurant was inside our own hotel!! I couldn't believe it. Eat for sure the soup with orange and shoulder of lamb (this was the best plate I tried in all Morocco).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We arrived in Marrakesh after a very long and tiring drive through the Atlas Mountain...
We were greeted by a very welcoming staff at the reception and were immediately taken to our room - it was a lovely room!!!
The bed was very comfortable and big, the bathroom had both a shower and bathtub, and of course had all the ammenities (slippers, bathrobe, shampoo, soap, etc). We also had a small living room space and had 2 flat tvs in the room. the room also had a very nice private terrace, with view on the hotel's swimming pool. Every afternoon, after walking around Marrakesh all day, the room service always brought us mint tea and local sweets, to our terrace! it was the perfect way to finish our exhausting days!
the staff at the reception helped us with all our restaurant bookings, and was always very helpful and polite.
be sure not to miss 2 things:
- the amazing food in the hotel's restaurant. seriously dont miss out on trying: the orange soup, the lamb shoulder and the beef and tomato tajine. before marrakesh, we spent 4 days travelling around morocco, and we had our best meal in this hotel!!
- also, the hotel has a second location outside the city. on our last day, we got tired of shopping and walking around marrakesh, so we went for a swim and lunch there. it is also the place where they have their cooking classes, and their own vegetable garden.
i would definitely stay there again!!

3  Thank caroline182