“never again”

Ranked #113 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“never again”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

went with a friend for xmas..on arrival on a windy chilly evening we walked into reception to check in ,my first thoughts were how cold it was not a very warm welcome.we were given a cocktail as a welcome drink which was nice if only the place was warm were you could have enjoyed it.our rooms were ok quite basic and resembled an apartment rather than a hotel room.hard cold floor tiles etc the usual twin beds pushed together with sheets and a blanket that always slid off every time you turned over.heating in the rooms was not great either it just took the chill off,but it was the rest of the hotel me and my friend found most cold.the lobby reception was freezing cold that no one sat in it,the bar saloons were the same.people were sat with their coats on.even the dining room had a chill to it which made your food go cold quick.the food was never really hot anyway apart from the soup.the food was just about ok it was the same each sitting all week ,no variation not even on xmas eve.why we had to book a table that night i do not know why.The two waiters that we had looking after us in the dining room were very charming indeed.the maid also kept my room very clean.its just a shame that our holiday was spoiled by the hotel been so very cold.i would not recommend anyone to go during the winter months,maybe in the summer it would be fine. despite what it stated on our booking confirmation that no children under 16 years of age were allowed in this hotel was totally wrong,there were very young children in the hotel and there was a childrens play area,something i must take up with my tour operator,not that i dislike children as i have 6 of my own its just that i work in a school listening to the sound of children all day and i just wanted to go to an only adult hotel were i could get away from it all and relax.my dream holiday did not just happen

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are better facing pool and gardens,
3 Thank sunkissedjan_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my fiancé visited this hotel 23-30th Dec 2013. Here is my honest feedback and personal opinions on our stay:

Service: 4/5 - The service overall was very good. The waiters in the restaurant were very attentive, the cleaners were excellent. However, one of the bellhop guys made us feel quite uncomfortable..he would stand and wait until we tipped him. On our first night he stood in our room next to our luggage until we tipped him, which was quite intimidating.

Value: 5/5 - Excellent value for money.
Sleep Quality: 3/5 - Our 'Double' bed was actually two single beds pushed together, which we didn't mind much. Our room was very quite, no noise complaints. During the night it got quite cold and the blankets were very thin (cotton sheet and a fleece blanket).

Cleanliness: 5/5 - Our room was cleaned to a very high standard. We tipped our cleaner everyday and one day she saw us and thanked us which was very sweet! The rest of the hotel grounds were very clean as well.

Location: 4/5 - This hotel is about 2/3 miles from the Souks. Personally I enjoyed being away from the hustle and bustle of the markets, which can get tiring after a while. It was very relaxing walking around the lovely gardens. We used the free hotel shuttle service, which ran approx every hour. The shuttle drops you at Gueliz and it is about a 20-30 minute walk to the Souks. We usually got a taxi back to the hotel, my advise would be to agree a price before you get into the taxi. We never paid over 40DIR during the day, if the driver insists on a higher price just walk away..they will probably call you back :D

Rooms: 3/5 - The rooms were slightly outdated but the cleanliness made up for this. There was no iron in the room, but you can request one at reception. The ironing board we borrowed had 2 large tears in it, which was not what we expected from a 4 star hotel.

Spa: 3/5 - We didn't use the spa, so no comment.

Breakfast: 4/5 - This is the first all inclusive hotel we have stayed in, and we were impressed by the range of food on offer. The menu didn't change much every day, which got slightly repetitive. One night we booked a table at the Moroccan restaurant, which we had previously read good reviews about on here. However when we visited, we were very disappointed with the slow service (we waited about 20 minutes to order our main). While we waited to order our food, the waiter offered us a glass of wine..we don't drink alcohol and were not offered an alternative just tap water! When the 'tagine' did arrive it was very watery and was not accompanied by any couscous. Not sure if this is normal for a tagine, as it was our first time but it was not very tasty.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again. We had a lovely holiday here and it was a very relaxing place to stay after a busy day in Marrakesh. I think the bedding could be improved, the rooms modernised and the food menu updated to make this a true 4 star hotel.

One small note - The entertainment at the hotel was awful. We went to the 'Crazy Show' one night, which consisted of the animation team miming over songs. One of the songs referenced smoking marijuana, along with a large pretend spliff..which I feel is not appropriate for the audience 40% of whom were under the age of 16. I think the hotel management should address this.

1 Thank Murtmac
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I visited this hotel some years ago and enjoyed my stay immensely and couldn't wait to revisit. However I was very disappointed as was my friend I travelled with. Yes it was December 23rd when we stayed for seven days but the holiday was disappointing. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Food was ok but nothing special and was very repetitive. Breakfasts were best and I enjoyed the lovely pancakes. What spoilt my holiday was the fact that the whole hotel was so cold. Yes it was December but people in the breakfast room, dining room and bars were sat with their big coats on shivering. I was fine until I arrived at the hotel and for the rest of the week could not get warm not even in the bedroom. This alone would put me off visiting the hotel again. Speaking to other guests they too could not get warm. The hotel was not cheap and being cold spoilt my holiday. I have been ill in bed since arriving home.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room overlooking poolside
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent value hotel. Lovely, beautifully kept grounds. Room spacious and clean - but would say 3 star rather than 4. Food was very good and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Downside is that smoking is allowed in all the bars and foyer, so not brilliant for non-smokers. Outdoor pool not heated so not able to use it in December. However there was a warm indoor pool which we used most days. The hotel is about 45 mins/1 hour walk to the central square. We used the minibus several times which was very reliable and ran about 4 or 5 times a day, but sometimes not room for everyone who wanted to go. Taxis do go from just outside the gate. We did a lot of walking there and back but we were probably the exception! Would agree animation team were rather OTT - not really our kind of entertainment. Really enjoyed the 'all inclusive' element. Would definitely recommend.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our third time at this hotel (all pre Christmas)
Good staff, clean rooms and really good selection of food.
The bar drinks could be better and the bar entertainment leaves a bit to be desired but on the whole a good place to relax.
The gardens are well kept and tranquil. The animation team can be a little over enthusiastic but they are catering to the younger crowd.

The Thomson rep (Paul this visit) was helpful and a nice character.
The only dislike was Thomsons always demanding an excellent report. Any score over 6 out of 10 is not necessarily Excellent.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Me and my frieind visited 16-23rd Dec 2013. What a lovely time we had. This hotel has great features and great staff and management which really make the place. The food is very nice and well cooked unlike some other 4 star all inc resorts.The animation team are great and work tirelessly to ensure you have a great time. Last time i visited Marrakech i stayed at a more expensive boutique hotel but this was better hands down. My freind also really enjoyed his experience and shares my views. If you booked here you are in for a treat. It really is a wonderful place with well kept gardens and the whole place is spotless. I really do like to be treated as a guest when i visit somewhere and have to say i was here throughout my stay and for that reason i will be returning here again in mid 2014. I would recommend the 29 euro hammam its worth it i felt and smelt fabulous after having one.

Room Tip: rooms facing the rear of hotel will be nice and quiet. I had 357 which was close to everything but f...
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

No complaints, excellent service and very friendly staff who can't do enough for you. Even the hotel manager does his rounds making himself known to all. The food is fresh and delicious and loads of choice. Will certainly be returning!

2 Thank Graeme F