First the good points. Extremely clean rooms and common areas due to the hard work of all the smiling cleaning ladies. The pictures of the hotel and its grounds don't lie it is very attractive and the common areas are well appointed. We had a room that was just up from basic and it was alright. Beds reasonably comfy. Fresh towels every day. Breakfast OK but not great if you like a cooked one. We were half board and ate out every night apart from the last. Was glad we mostly ate out. The food was extremely boring in the buffet restaurant (the hotel has three restaurants) and after trying this one I would give the others a miss too. I found the food of low quality despite being a hefty 250 Dirhams each which by local standards is not cheap. The salad bar was positively dangerous as the chef had put prawns (the type Tesco would describe as "value") in virtually everything without mentioning it e.g in dishes described as" cucumber salad", " potato salad" "celeriac" and so on. I hate prawns,some people are allergic to them and some would not eat them on religious grounds. The chef needs to wise up and describe things properly. The relief came with the desserts. They clearly have an extremely capable pastry chef who goes to a lot of trouble. The hotel calls a taxi in from a rank at the gate if you need one. Some of these drivers think they have a licence to rip you off and I believe the hotel ought to do something about it, after all they have the option of refusing to let them down the drive. Be firm and agree your price upfront. The hotel receptionist advised us we should pay no more than 65 Dirhams and the driver of the first one we took asked for 100. It was a farce at times. The "animation staff" played some dreadful ' muzac' which was frequently way too loud. There is only one outdoor pool so no way to escape it if you want to take a dip. It clashed dreadfully with the occasional call to prayer from nearby Mosques which was a pity as the voices of the muezzen were quite beautifully melodic if given a chance to be heard. The hotel has the usual display stands for leaflets for local attractions and services but it was empty except for their own spa brochure. I would have thought local businesses would be keen to set out their services and keep this well stocked with information. The only choice was to consult the concierge with no idea as to whether they had any interest in getting you the best deal for what you wanted. The prices for treatments in the spa were as high as those you would pay at home yet the minimum wage in Morocco is about £1 per hour. For those reviewers who state that they don't understand the whinges of others about this hotel I suppose it's down to taste and expectation. My expectations were raised by the reviews I read only to be dashed when I got there. I also have travelled to other parts of the world where the food and customs are very different from the UK. They have all surpassed this hotel's efforts by a country mile, which incidently is how far you are dumped by the free hotel shuttle from the Medina. This means you have a 15 minute walk if you want to go to the souks and again surprise surprise the moment you alight from the hotel shuttle you are hassled by the petit taxi drivers. You could spend lots of cash on taxis if you don't stick around the pool all day and eat in the hotel every night. On the plane back we met some people who had had a wonderful time in a Riad in the Medina. I suggest anyone going to Marrakech because its Marrakech chooses a Riad unless they want to lounge by a pool (which was cold) fending off smiley happy people suggesting fun activities and eat overpriced and dubiuosly described boring food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive Hotel Riu Tikida Garden opens all year round and lies 3 km from the old inner town of Marrakech, a vibrant metropolis with approx. 800 000 inhabitants, lying at the foot of the Atlas mountains. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal because of its proximity to Marrakech-Menara Airport RAK (7 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 257 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa or get in shape at the fitness center. 1 outdoor pool, 1 indoor pool and 1 children's pool. For the youngest guests there is the RiuLand Kids Club (ages 4-7 & 8-12 years) and for adults, day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant and Moroccan specialty restaurant, 2 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Tikida Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Tikida Garden Hotel Marrakech
- Le Tikida Garden Marrakech
- Hotel Le Tikida Garden
- Tikida Garden Marrakech