“Great 4 nights in Marrakesh”

Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel
Ranked #109 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed in the Es Saadi it was only 15 minutes from the Square, the rooms and staff were very good, we were in a party of 14 and always we were served and seated together by very attentive staff, drink and food orders were split if required all the waiters have excellent recall regarding our needs. Great hotel for groups.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ringmaster_10
WonderfulMorocco, Room Division Manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear Ringmaster,
your kind review is very much appreciated by all of us. While we encourage all kinds of reviews to be posted we certainly love to read about positive and satisfying experiences with the hotel and the services offered. Again, thank you very much for your kind words

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and found that there was nothing for children under 14 to do. They cannot play with balls on the property including the pool. The tennis court is the only facility and it is very hard to book as lessons for the general are held on it in the mornings. Service is very poor- very French in fact! The rooms are clean but somewhat dated and not very fresh smelling. The hotel is a 15-20 minute walk to the City and you have to cross at least four 4 lane roads with no lights or crossing! The only plus points are the reception is quite smart, the beds comfy and breakfast is decent. I would not recommend - go for the Sofitel next door which looks superb!!

Room Tip: Stay in in the Sofitel or Es Saadi Palace (not the hotel)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mark f
WonderfulMorocco, Room Division Manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear Mark
We do apologize for not replying earlier to your comments. We thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with other travelers and with us.
Indeed we do not allow children to play balls around the pool to protect other guests’ tranquility and safety. However the children are welcome to play in the 8 acres of garden that we have.
Tennis courts are very popular and need to be reserved in advance, specially in the morning when the weather is cooler.
All hotels in the Hivernage area are equally distant from both the Medina and the Gueliz City Center. (10 to 15 mn)
Thank you for your compliments regarding the reception, the beds and the breakfast. We can only get better with your feedback and comments.
I hope that you will give us another chance to show you our good care and attention
Warm regards
Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed 1 October 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Es Saadi Hotel for just one night. The hotel itself was clean and well presented.
Our room was a standard room with a city view, we had a small balcony with table, bench and chairs. I personally felt that the city view was more interesting than overlooking the gardens.
The room was tastefully decorated with two large beds joined together. On our arrival in our room the staff bought in a vase of roses.
While my daughter lounged by the pool I walked through the gardens which are well maintained.
We had lunch by the pool and the staff were friendly and polite. Although they did forget to give us napkins.
On arrival reception had given us a plan of the site and told us we were welcome to visit the Gardens and the Palace.
After lunch my daughter and I visited the pool behind the Palace and whilst I was ordering tea at the pool bar my daughter was told she could not use the pool at the Palace. There was no-one in the pool and only four people on loungers around the pool. I could however purchase tea, which was 10 dirhams more expensive at the Palace than at the hotel. I must admit at this point this grumpy old lady felt the urge to jump in the pool fully clothed just to see what the miserable pool attendant would do alas I did not.
The hotel brochure referred to bath robes but we did not have any in our room.
But my main gripe with the hotel was that I had order breakfast in our room at 5.00am as we were being collected from the hotel at 5.30am for the drive to the airport.
After chasing up room service our very small breakfast appeared at 5.15am, which just gave us time for a quick cup of tea before having to leave.
What I saw of the hotel was good and the sun loungers at the hotel were in better condition than those at the Palace which had definitely seen better days.
The majority of the staff were friendly but the problem with breakfast annoyed me. Overall I would probably stay at the Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Auntsandra
Reviewed 20 August 2011

First impressions of the hotel on arrival are that it is a little dated, though very well presented. The welcome from the staff was warm and genuine. We booked a room with a rollaway bed, (3 guests) but were given just a double. A bed was provided speedily, but it was not possible to move around the room, and to be fair to the hotel they offered to change the room before we ventured to suggest it. It was referred to several times as an 'upgrade' however, and not simply what we had paid for. The air conditioning did not function well, making for some very uncomfortable nights. We booked half board, and ate each night at the Gourmet restaurant next to the pool and were never disappointed. Exquisite food and excellent service. Breakfast was an odd affair, with the usual buffet selection supplemented by cooked, but cold items - cold fried potato anyone? The tables were invadede at any opportunity by sparrows and pigeons, who helped themselves to sugar etc between sittings. They would have been more useful eating the ants making their daily pilgrimage across the pastries. We were encouraged by everyone we met at the hotel to go and look at the fantastic pool in the same grounds - a huge affair the size of a small pricipality. Sadly, when we went to join the (literally) half a dozen other people there to swim, we were told in no uncertain terms that it was for the use of The Palace guests only. Walks around the grounds near to the private villas also elicited concerned questions form hotel security. A shame, as the website boasts use of 20 acres of grounds and two outdoor pools. The Casino was mostly closed for renovations, and the nightclub was never to be found. Not a problem for us as a family, but not mentioned on the website. Our only disppointment with the otherwise excellent staff was with the pushy concierege who phoned the room several times to push the sale of excursions, and several times again later in the week asking for payment. The Palace looked amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TracyTrow
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Well-located in the new city, the hotel is a bit frayed around the edges. Air conditioning in the room couldn't be adjusted; beds were very soft (and low!). Service in the bar was slow, even though the place was empty. Grounds are very pretty; pool is nice. Overall service was fair--no one seems too enthusiastic about assisting the guests.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Horrible horrble trip. First be advised that the star system in Marrakech is not consistent with the rest of the world. I was expecting to stay at a 5* property. I have stayed in a best western that was nicer than this falling apart junky property. The shower handle came apart in my hand on my shower after checking in. I reported the problem to staff, and they moved my room. The new room was not as bad as the last, but had its problems. I tried to meet with the Owner at this point, as I had conferred with tripadvisor after checking into the hotel - instead of before booking - big mistake!!!! After reading other reviews which stated the owner was around and available, I tried meeting with the owner to discuss my problems, as well as the fact that the 5* star property I booked was a run down 3*. The staff suggested the owner was unavailable the night I checked in. I tried to meet with her the next two days, even making an appointment on the day prior to departure. Prior to meeting with the owner I asked housekeeping to let me into the first room I occupied. Sure enough the staff had replace the broken shower without fixing it!!!!!!! I brought the broken piece to the meeting. The owner did not show, but the manager tried to put me in a suite, a bigger lousy room to appease me. I wanted to discuss with the owner why they purposely marketing there property as a 5* when they know it is not. The manager actually said, "Stars stay at this hotel!!!" I think he was talking about Bogie and Bacall when the property was built. The food buffet is gross! Even the omelette station food was nasty. The boxed cereal and day old leftover bread from the palace where the best bets. For a family that is looking for a bargain this could be an alright property.

Room Tip: Book at the palace instead of the es saadi hotel - so confusing!!!!! Better yet stay in the medina!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LoLoMature
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel as part of a Saga half board package. Couldn't fault it for cleanliness, all the staff were very helpful and friendly. The evening meal was superb with a different choice of courses every evening and the presentation and service was excellent. It was an easy walk from the hotel into the hustle and bustle of the medina and the souk.

Room Tip: Best rooms have a pool view and look across to the Atlas Mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple