Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$401
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
1,184 results
All reviewspool view roompool sidepiano barthe breakfast areasister hotelgreat poolhalf boardfive star hotelpool staffatlas mountainsold cityairport transferpancakespalaceconciergefrenchpoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Es Saadi Gardens hotel is not to be confused with the Es Saadi Palace Hotel next door but nonetheless a good hotel. We stayed in Marrakech for 4 nights here and the 15 minute walk into the main market square was great. It's a fantastic base for exploring the city. The pools are great and the service was fantastic from all the staff. We ate the breakfast in the hotel every day and went over to the palace hotel for a really fantastic meal on the first night and were treated like royalty. We got a good deal on Expedia so we found it to be good value for money but would not pay the full daily rate that we found on the back of the doors.

The only slight issue we had was that the toilet sometimes smelt a little sulphurous but nothing that closing the door didn't solve.

Bearing in mind it is a hotel in North Africa people need to realize that 5 star there does not = a 5 star in LA or Dubai.

We always try to stay somewhere new if we go back to the same place so we would not stay here again but we would recommend it to friends as a base to spend a long weekend in Marrakech if they got a good deal like we did.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I only used the Spa for half day and I really reccommend the place....The Hotel is a luxury spot in town and the Spa is very well kept...I enjoyed a beautiful spa package and the Hammam was super (thank you Hanan for your nice hospitality...), then the massage and then the manicure....of course, with a delicious mint tea!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank SabToscana_Italy
Reviewed 15 December 2012

In opposite to the impression given in some reviews on this web site, I really enjoyed staying in the Es Saadi.
It´s a hotel with tradition, not one of this boring standard hotels. I found the ambiance very charming and relaxing.
Every evening very pleasant live piano music sounded through the lobby, so when I came home after a long working day or a tiring side seeing tour through the bussy city I relaxed strait away.
The food (breakfeast and restaurant) was excellent. The staff was ever so nice, polite and obliging.
The rooms were calm, nice and light flooded. The air conditioner is a dream (very silent).
Location: the historic center is within walk distance. If you are tired there are cabs in front oft the hotel.
So: no complains, I really hope that this treasure will exist again for a long time.
It was one of the best discoveries for me this year. It´ll be a pleasure to come back soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nele J
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Situated in spacious grounds it shares with the Palace hotel this hotel has all the trimmings you would expect from a five star establishment, the plentiful staff are welcoming and efficient, and the food excellent, the menu changing every night. It is about 20 minutes walk from the town centre, but the hop on and off bus stops just round the corner,

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Thurio
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Just finishing a 7 night stay at the the Es Saadi Hotel. Rating it as average is probably being kind, but in this case I guess its my fault - I should have spent the extra money on a better place.

I work in the travel industry, and this hotel is the kind of hotel I should know better. The website looks great, and even on arrival the place looks quite impressive. But scratch the surface and you have a very average, tourist class hotel. The kind that package tours thrive on.

The hotel is set in very attractive gardens and there is a nice (but very small) pool area. The lobby is also attractive, but after a few days here you realise its not exactly opulent., just furnished with the kind of things that suggest classic, oriental opulence. But it makes a decent first impression.

The hotel corridors are your first indication you're in a 3 star resort. The carpets are worn and stained and the place looks like it hasn't been renovated...... well, ever.

Next stop - my room. Walls were freshly painted and there are nice-ish looking furnishings. But hang on.... whats that smell? The entire time I was in the room I had to keep the bathroom door tightly shut since I had the ever present smell of sewage emanating from every drain opening. Every day I would come back to my made up room, and of course the bathroom door was open, so the whole room smelt terrible. I had to seal it off, open the balcony and air the place out.

Next, even worse than the smell - the bed. I like a nice firm mattress, but I can sleep pretty much anywhere. Anywhere, that is, until I tried these beds. Soft is not accurate. They're beyond soft. Where ever you put any pressure you would sink completely to the base of the bed. Turning over was difficult since you had to fight against the bed springs for purchase.

The rest of the room was ok. I had a nice balcony, and the room was large and had plenty of room for storage. The key to this hotel is that it photographs well, but photographs only entertain one of your senses, and its the hotel's appeal to the other senses - touch, smell etc. that leave much to be desired.

As far as facilities are concerned - the room service was good, the breakfast adequate, but certainly nothing special (although service at breakfast is trying). The rest I didn't use.

Location is good - its a 20 minute walk to the action of the souk etc.

Overall, I should mark the hotel down for the bed and the smelly room, but maybe I was just unlucky with the smell (since I haven't seen any other complaints) and perhaps other people don't mind soft (very, very soft) beds.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business