“Hotel”

Ranked #436 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Cape Verde
“Hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Just arrived back from marrakech and would like to share our view of the hotel seramaris, we thought the hotel was extremely good value for money. Whilst staying here we popped into a few hotels to compare and found this hotel more superior than most the facilities and staff were excellent, rooms were comfy and spacious, the food was of good quality but lacking a bit in variety.
Had a lovely holiday and would recommend it to all. Set in quiet location away from main room.
All the places to visit are accessible by renting a taxi from outside the hotel, the drivers are very friendly 30 to 40 dirham charge to go to town. The square has to be visited to witness the mayhem.
We also enjoyed a trip to the waterfalls, we hired a taxi outside our hotel from Abdul, this was the highlight of our trip, we visited the quiet village of bebir. Hopefully this is helpful. Wright family.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nick W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Narvik, Norway
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

God outside the Hotel! Inside it is not 5 * bit nearly betveen 3-4
But the service was very good. The Fitness room was not in a good shape. They could upgrade the aprature! The bathroom did not work so well.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank livisak49
hornchurch
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed at the hotel from monday to friday over Christmas. I went with the intention of getting away from the hassle of Christmas and I was not disappointed.
The hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. Although it was above the reception and a nearby cabaret club, the noise levels were satisfactory. In the height of summer with the balcony door left open, it might not be a good idea to be so close to the front of the hotel but I had no complaints. The bed was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean.
I was given fresh flowers in the room on the first day which was a lovely touch.
Breakfast was buffet style with a huge selection of hot and cold. There was a buffet meal on the first night which was also very nice with a fair selection.
The hotel has a comfortable bar and the drinks were reasonably priced.
The pool area is lovely but the pool is not heated so was too cold to swim in over Christmas even though the air temperature was about 22C.
I was travelling with a group of adults and the hotel was fine. If I was travelling with children I think I would probably choose somewhere a little nearer the main square in Marrakech as I do not think they would find much to do.
It was a little out of town but only about 15 minutes at the most in a taxi to get to "The Square" and souks. Taxi fares were very cheap and you would not have to pay more than about £3. Bartering is an essential part of taxi negotiation!
I was disappointed that I could not get Wi fi in my room. There were only a few areas on the ground floor that you get a signal. The duty manager saw me struggling and could not have been more helpful. He was an absolute gentleman and even assisted me with the keyboard on the public computer as I was struggling with the different lay out! How rare to find such attentive staff and I was extremely grateful to him. He deserves a special mention!!!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool at the back of the hotel would probably be nicest.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank HornchurchCaroline
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The hotel claimed to be 5* but is actually a 4* but in reality 3* the room was comfortable but dark so needed the lights on all the time in the room and they did clean the room and changed the towels every day. This is not a family hotel so don't take your children whatever their age there is nothing for them to do. I went with my daughter and my grandchild who is nearly 2 years old. The only activity for children and toddlers is a small freezing cold pool, make sure you bring a travel kettle to make babies and toddlers milk, you will have to ring room service or conceirge which becomes tedious but helpful. I had all inclusive which helped but some of the staff seemed confused and thought I had to pay for certain items.
This hotel is for couples or single people who want to do nothing but relax and sleep.
Food was hot and rotated so it did not seem like you were eating the same food every day but me and my daughter ened up having diarrohea and so did the other guest luckily my granddaughter didn't eat much but had her toddler powder formula. I would advise you don't be fooled by the pictures the surrounding is not bad but all is not what it seems you make your choice you pays your money. I WON'T BE GOING BACK.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank venice k
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

When me and my husband decided (very promptly) to go to Marrakech and booked the flight and this hotel, only after we decided to check out the reviews. And were a bit worried, as there were many negative ones. So I decided to write my own just for those who like us, already booked and now is reading the reviews, petrified.
The hotel is not horrible. Yes it's probably not 4star hotel as they call themselves, but 3 stars I would give without any hesitation. Besides, I think that on the Moroccan scale it's maybe even better.
It has a lovely pool and nice pool area. Yes, the loungers are a bit scruffy indeed, but who cares? After you put a towel on it, it feels like any other Lounger chair. The rooms are shady (very handy) and the conditioner worked fine. The towels and the bedding was changed every day, cleaning on the room was very thorough.
Wifi in the room without any fiddling with passwords. Couple if restaurants and a bar. Very nice balconies in every room with somehow warm stone floor. The hotel is really ok.
The only downside for me was the real lack of fresh vegetables - every day for breakfast and other buffets the only fresh vegetables available were wilted lettuce and wedges of tomatoes (wilted as well), and sometimes cucumber cubes. This is all. A big strange for a hot country. The fruit assortment was also surprisingly disappointing: only oranges and melon. I thought in countries like morroco there are fruit aplenty. Again, if you're not fussed about fruit and veg, it's not a downside for you then.
The halls of the hotel smell a bit of food all the time, But this is I think because of the style the hotel is built. It's fine as soon as you're inside your room.
The location is also good. It's on one of the main streets, going from the railway station, so it's easy to find your way to the centre of Marrakech going on foot, but at the same time quite far away from the centre to make the place quiet.

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank Alexandralamb
Norfolk
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Spent a week at this hotel from the 11th October 2012. Although the hotel is listed as a four star it is only to three star standard.
The bedroom was clean and the maid service brilliant although she made a point of bringing flowers to our room the day before we left and we felt that this was to make sure she received a tip. Sheets and towels were changed daily.
Our mini bar was unstocked and the room did not have tea making facilities.
The food in the hotel could be boring at times. When they actually cooked Morroccan food in tagines it was very good and hot. However when they served the main course for the evening in the silver square heated servers is was only luke warm. One evening there was only fruit for sweet.
If you were unfortunately to have a room on the left side of the hotel (ours was 138) the en-site disco could be heard thumping away from midnight to six am! The DJ also liked to join in with the "garage" type music.
The pool area has plenty of loungers but no mattresses and again very loud music is played around 4pm onward.
There is a small bar near the restaurant where we had coffee or a drink after our meal. However this seemed to be taken over by locals watching the football on the tv screen who came into the hotel every evening. We felt very uncomfortable one evening in there so stopped using it.
Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful but this is not a hotel I would return to again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the rear garden facing pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Albeit dated, this hotel offers a great value for the money. The pool area is very impressive and the service is quite good. Our room was spacious and clean. The location isn't the best, but you can always grab a cab to take you to the medina (city center.)

For the money, this hotel is a steal. I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends