“I can not say it's wow hotel”

Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis
Ranked #426 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“I can not say it's wow hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hotel in general fine. Accessible. with easy access to the downtown and main attractions. However, food wasn't brilliant and service below average. Towels were scarce and the safe wasn't working. I couldn't find any room service menu. Receptionists, however, were polite and courteous. This is not a 4* start hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Taghi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel was fine, the rooms were adaquate but tired. The air conditioning was not brilliant, there was no way to decrease the tempreture in the rooms. The TV /Fridge worked, no room service menu. The safe in the room only works by paying for a code at reception.

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Mohammed at the pool. Pool area was good, spacious, not enough sun beds - be quick to put out towels in the morning. The food for breakfast was fine if you remember you are in a forigen country! Evening meals expensive in the hotels compared to eating out. But you could get pizza etc.

Cheap to get to town if you wait for the number 1 bus opposite the hotel entrance 4 d compare to 40/50/60/70/80 d in a taxi. Bus drops you out side the square and you pick it up in the same place runs every 15/20mins or so. This worked really well, and it was nice to escape back to the holel and the pool.

Not much enthusiasum to help with tours in the hotel, we used IMZU travel agents in the new town - see the tourist information centre - new town. They were good. Morocco was an insight but not a place I will be going back to. Have fun

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Bad hotel food below average we were allin but never got it always .runnin out. Of beer complained to rep still ran out that nite.not much choice in food breakfast was boiled eggs fried or omlet no entertainment.snack bar never open at4.00.i would advise anyone to pick another hotel this is not a 4* hotel

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank dado56

Travellers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Gateshead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We received an awful first night purely due to restaurant staff and reception staff. This started when we checked in, no real information was given about anything (we were half board and we needed to ask details of where the restaurant was and times, etc.)...this was no big deal but knowing certain information would have perhaps helped us with what happened next. We had only been in the hotel about two hours after arriving in the evening. We headed down for dinner and firstly found there was no real selection for vegetarians, everything was pretty much meat based, which was disappointing for me and my partner who are both veggie. We then got asked for our drinks order and I asked if drinks were included with half board to which we were told yes! My partner even asked if alcoholic drinks were included to which we were told no, so clearly the waiter understood what we were asking and so we stuck to soft drinks. We then received a bill for drinks when we finished, we explained we were told drinks were included. The restaurant staff seemed very unresponsive and demanded that we pay (funnily enough, we saw some other guests being told this exact same thing a couple of nights later...so clearly this kind of thing happens regularly). I did not agree with paying when we were told otherwise, so they said to sort the issue with reception. Even the reception staff were dismissive and said we had to pay, the receptionist even bluntly saying that I "should have just known drinks weren't included". When I made a point of her not even giving any initial information to us, she said "well, I know the policies so you should". Clearly this woman isn't suited on reception if she thinks all guests are meant to be mind readers. Whilst at reception we also had the man on the currency exchange counter try to claim he had given us too much currency for what we paid?! He demanded we give him some back. This point was even hard to establish as he didn't speak much English, we were given no receipt to how much he had given us in the first place (something that I was uneasy about handing cash over when we had just put all our cash together with the dirhams we already had). This went on for a while to the point where I ended up in tears out of frustration. None of the reception staff seemed to care of this fact. THEN, someone from the restaurant came over (I think he was management or something) he was very dismissive, he wouldn't even fully let me explain what had happened in the restaurant. He had risen his voice and very angrily made a point of paying for the drinks himself. No one seemed to want to listen to us or to even understand our point. There seems to be no real friendly guest service and this was an awful start to our holiday. I had got myself very worked up as they were ruining the first night of our holiday, so we just retreated to our room. We then felt on edge and felt very uncomfortable that being in a foreign country, with a hotel that clearly didn't care about any sort of customer service - that for all we knew they could have chucked us out purely due to their claims. We felt very uncomfortable even leaving our valuables in the room and locked everything away each day and I even resorted to taking my valuables in my bag even sitting around the pool. I don't know why, just my first impression of the hotel left me feeling I couldn't trust the hotel. We also felt very awkward heading for breakfast the next morning that we didn't go, luckily when we headed for dinner there were no issues. I would say if you are vegetarian it is really pointless going half board at this hotel and for me I feel I wasted my money paying the extra for the half board option. There really isn't enough to eat for vegetarians and I think in total we only resorted to eating dinner 3 nights out of 6. One night I had to resort the bread and a few pieces of beetroot as this was literally all I could eat for my dinner. The grounds are actually very nice and very well kept. The pool is large and spacious and all in all it looks lovely. However, the hotel isn't up to a standard of an English 4 star, in some parts it looks very nice but it is slightly run down and our room, despite being fairly cosy, it was lacking any real wow factor and looked very basic. It looked dated and with marks on the walls, a broken remote which literally fell apart in my hands, dirty coloured splash marks on the bathroom tiles and totally lacking any room facilities (no iron/ironing board, no informative literature like most hotels have, no tea/coffee making facilities). There is NOTHING to do once sun goes down here. No disco as stated and the one bar didn't even play any music. So, prepare to be very bored during the evening time, there is nothing in reception detailing any excursions or things to do, neither. The hotel isn't next to anything and you need to get taxis everywhere. We came down with strange stomach bugs on our last day at this hotel, this lasted for 2 days for my partner and 5 days for me. I don't know what caused this and being pregnant I really hope it wasn't food poisoning. We then headed to the Atlas mountains for our final night in Morocco, this is the first time I have ever been relieved to leave a hotel. I hope you can understand the length of this review shows you how much I was left so dissatisfied with my holiday, purely due to our experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stefanie F
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is on the outskirts of Marrakech and you will need a taxi to get to the centre of the city.
The grounds of the hotel and the pool are lovely but the rooms themselves are rather tired. The fridge didn't work, neither did some of the lights in the room, the balcony door did not lock and the air was con non-existent. This was not just my room but also quite a few rooms of the people I was travelling with. Some of them moved rooms but still had the same problems. The beds are not the most comfortable I have slept in and the rooms rather dark.
The food was OK but I struggled at breakfast time to find something other than toast, marmalade and yoghurt that I could eat.
There is nothing to do in the area surrounding the hotel and the road/pavement very uneven.
We were told to pay in cash and not run up a bill on your room but if you did make sure you kept all your receipts - I used cash!
If I went again I would stay in a hotel far more central tha this one. Not a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
san diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had a family reunion in Marakech and based ourselves here. Price wise it fit everyone's needs but most staff were unattentive and rooms worn. The pool and grounds were a welcome respite from the heat. The restaurant staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Started badly--no rooms Monsieur who are you ? (my French was just sufficient!) Dumped the paperwork--told her to sort it out, decamped to Bar and Pool restaurant. It was sorted.
The Hotel is in a wonderful lush oasis on the outskirts of Marrakech./ The pool is first class and the Pool restaurant when open is good. The cold starters there are very good, as were the sweets, however it was spoiled by very indifferent main courses. The Al la Carte restaurant was to say the least indifferent. Breakfast were as usual in a large hotel buisy! Coffee anf fruit juices were vey good. Rooms were fair sized, clean, but like many parts of the hotel tired. on the balcony the Cane chairs were gently falling to pieces (sharp uncomfortable spikes!) the rail was peeling, The built in fridge did not work (after two days another free standing one appeared!--our friends one never did!) The quiet Air con just coped with spring Weather--doubt whether it would in the Summer. Staff were French speaking--but we coped. We were all inclusive--but I ended up with a drinks Bill of £150 (6 Days) and guess what the language problem reappeared at the Cashiers desk. Most of the staff were friendly, good memory and smiled! The food quality went down hill suddenly after the week end when it moved from Pool Restaurant to hotel. Very noticable at the same time the the hotel population dropped by a factor of three! What a pity so near and yet so far! Beds Hard! Long way from the interesting parts of Marrakech--roads outside very dangerous underfoot--I came back in a wheelchair from a projecting lump in the pavement!

Room Tip: Not on front -- taxis & nightclub 132--to 140