“Excellent hotel..no problems at all”

Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis
Ranked #451 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 in this hotel. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Rooms immaculate. Towels changed and rooms cleaned daily. A nice pool, indoor and outdoor bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restaurant that served good food (although sometimes not warm enough!) with the exception of one rude batman in the indoor bar, staff were fine despite working very long hours.

Breakfast was ok, no toast though. The hotel is located towards the New Market and the taxi to the square cost us 50 dirhams each time. As the taxi drivers thrive on ripping tourists off, we used a regular taxi driver that was a bit more reasonable than the rest. This saves the headache of haggling and feeling ripped off.

I would go back to the Le Semiramis.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Theresonly1nuzzy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked the hotel last minute for a 6 night stay with my Mother. We didn't pay very much but to be honest it was not the 4* experience the hotel claims to be...

We arrived very late at night and the reception staff were helpful but we were disappointed by the room. Tired looking with some very outdated appliances. The TV showed about 3 channels and kept shorting out, there were 2 fridges as one didn't seem to work, the air con was non-existent and the beds were rock hard! We ended up putting a folded blanket and our duvet down to try and give a little extra padding. To no avail.
The light in the toilet didn't work and I had to go to reception 3 times over a day and a half and ask them to fix it. When the maintenance man finally appeared and my Mother asked him about the air con - he laughed and exclaimed that was as good as it got! You also have to pay and ask for a safety deposit key for your room - I've never had that in a 4* hotel! I'm glad we did pay as I spoke to a few other guests who had belongings go missing from their rooms....
The pool area is lovely and the gardens are very well maintained but the pool is a bit shabby with missing tiles. Also, the sunloungers don't have cushions and you have to pay a deposit for your pool towel (which is very scruffy and tiny so bring your own!). There was also a habit of groups of young men arriving at about 4pm and setting up camp with a shisha pipe and music. So avoid the garden end if you want peace and quiet!
The food was interesting....breakfast was pretty good although the lady who cooks the omelettes usually under cooked them! The pastries are very nice though.
Lunch buffet was ok and the food on offer for dinner was pretty poor. I had a penne carbonara - which I admit was an error ordering - but it was pretty vile. We decamped to the hotel next door for dinners and they were great!
Overall, I went for the sun and to have a relax. Had the beds and sunloungers been more comfortable then I wouldn't really have cared about the rest. My Mum and I ended up joking about things like the reception staff ignoring us for 10 mins when we tried to check out and the 'the fairy breath' air con in the room. It has the hall marks of a hotel that with a bit of TLC could be really nice, but the effort seems to have gone. It needs some money spent on it for it to actually be a 4*. It's a 3* at best...

Room Tip: The hotel opposite - Tichka!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Soph_travels
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a great 14 day holiday. The staff are so lovely and go out of there way to help you. We stayed half board and was not disappointed. The food was great ,and plenty to choose from. Mustafa the chef is a lovely man,and explains all the food for you. The gardens and swiming pool are beautiful. If your looking for a hotel a little way from the great madness of Jamel efna this is a perfect choice. Thanks for a great holiday will be back.

2  Thank Jennie B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My sister and I holidayed at the Hotel Semiramis over a 4 day period for her birthday..... To be honest apart from the pool the rest of the place was a letdown..... Right from the moment we arrived the hotel receptionists...(all of them!!) were really unfriendly, totally unhelpful and at times..... Plain rude!!...... In the end we dreaded having to ask for anything......
We had a laughable excuse of a visit for a massage and hammam....... I was left in an empty room for 15 minutes waiting for a hammam. ...... The lady then came back and asked me how it was???.... How what was???...... She then proceeded to give me a 10 minute massage..... Left the room and returned 10 minutes later and ushered me out...... My sister had a massage..... That lasted 15 minutes...... although the lady left the room 3 times to go and answer the phone...... It really was a total joke!!!...... 1 we were not prepared to pay for!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jac N
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel few days as part of my recent visit to Marrakech. the hotel looked good in photos but in reality its worn out. The room is some what decent size. but is quite dull and the bathroom, toilet is worn out, which you wouldn't expect in a so called 4 star hotel.

They claimed to have good wifi all around hotel, but in reality the coverage is pretty poor. when you complain to the desk, like many times before hand they repeat ' it is working fine, we send engineer'. i gave up after hearing this more than few times.

Oh I got to mention about something they claim to be TV. an ancient cathode ray TV. and had about 4 channels out of 16 channels claimed by the hotel. when asked about CNN or BBC as listed in the list, the desk staff said, ' why cnn, no work'. I was quite confused if that was a question or an answer.

The pool area looks nice, but rest just waste of space and money. few staff speak decent english, rest just sign language and sound effects. so be prepared.

Room Tip: May be try another hotel?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Catty M
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is worth it for the pool area only. Otherwise it is worn out, the furniture and the facilities are old and the service is definitely lacking. I asked 5 different staff members at the pool for a mattress for my sunbed, and was eventually offered a yoga mat from the sports centre, not without reluctance.

Breakfast was fine, the bed was comfortable, but the WiFi only worked by the conference room downstairs, so I had my private Skype calls there.

I subscribe to the general opinion that Marrakech (known by the French as Arnaquech - "arnaquer" means "to scam") is overpriced and a total ripoff. In other words, welcome to SwindleCity.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the garden/pool area
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank florina04
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not even equivalent to british bb. I have to say staff was helpful but hotel and food was awful. Its not far from city centre but I am sure you will find better options. We had power cut for two days and there was no generator . Definitely needs lot improvement. I would avoid if I were you.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple