A great little hotel. On a quiet road but right in the middle of the action. Less than 5 mins to Djemaa el Fna.
Taxi from the airport during the day should cost no more than 80dh but they can't take you straight to the hotel. The taxi will drop you off by Djemaa el Fna and you will go the rest of the way by foot so take a map!
No A/C in the rooms but I didn't want it anyway. Pretty small room but very clean and comfy. £6 per room for a twin. £1.50 per person to sleep on the roof terraces (they provide mattresses and blankets).
Small bar and cafe on the roof terrace but I didn't eat there as plenty of other places to go to.
Managers are very friendly and helpful and their English is pretty good too.
They have a room that you can store your bags in after you check out if you need to.
It does get fully booked so phone ahead! You can find more details here [--] for more details. The Hotel Essaouira link is at the bottom of the page.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Medina neighborhood in Marrakesh, 100 m from Palais de La Bahia, Riad Hôtel Essaouira features free WiFi throughout the property. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. The riad also provides car rental. Museum Dar Si Said is 201 m from Riad Hôtel Essaouira, and Cooking School is 300 m from the property. Menara Airport is 4 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Riad Hotel Essaouira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essaouira Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Essaouira Marrakech