we stayed in here on our last day of our trip, selecting the hostel as a "last minute panic", but were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Although the rooms are very basic ( there is no electrical socket in the rooms or corridors, if you are thinking of charging up phones or cameras over-night) the building is very pretty; distributed like a riad with an inner patio, fountain and galleries where the rooms are located. On top there is a big roof-terrase with an "almost" view ;-) We were here in the winter, so it was quite cold, but I am sure in the summer the terasse is just exelent.
We needed to get up very early to catch the airport bus, which is conveniantly right around the corner from the hostel ( no. 19 running from 06.15 - till midnight I think, so no need to catch an overpriced taxi:-)
Even though the hostel is very close to the main square Jem el Fna, its on a side street with many other hostels, so it was pretty quiet. For one of the cheepies ( 10 Euros a night) its very worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Medina neighborhood in Marrakesh, 100 m from Palais de La Bahia, Riad Hôtel Essaouira features free WiFi throughout the property. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. The riad also provides car rental. Museum Dar Si Said is 201 m from Riad Hôtel Essaouira, and Cooking School is 300 m from the property. Menara Airport is 4 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Riad Hotel Essaouira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essaouira Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Essaouira Marrakech