“excellent location , helpful service & value for money”
Review of Hotel Oudaya

Hotel Oudaya
Ranked #391 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
soest
“excellent location , helpful service & value for money”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We have stayed 14 days in this hotel and with the right room location we had an excellent period. Realise that the hotel is basically for persons on a tour staying often one night only. Therefor the breakfast is not an american breakfast but a very nice local presentation. Service is excellent , especially the bar.
Ask for rooms with a balcony higher than groundfloor in the new wing. Room 27 is fantastic.
Michael/the Netherlands.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marrakech-9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed 26 April 2009

this location is good close to taxi rank and has easy access to several restaurants (would recommend Charleys round the corner) and not far from main souk by cab(dont pay more than 20 dirhams!!)
staff were adequate and the barman was very friendly and helpful. Please be warned that every body expects to be tipped and you have to pay 10% on all meals even if the service was inadequate!!
Do not pay more than 150 dirhams from airport to this hotel we stupidly paid 200 dirhams as we didnt haggle or know the distance (15 mins)
City tour bus great and recommended
Souks and night market brilliant experience but not for the faint hearted!
All in all a good trip

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank megjolie
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We only stayed here for one night, as part of a packaged trip to Marrakech.

My initial impressions weren't too bad, registering for the room went smoothly and the room itself didn't look too bad (a bit small but adequate). When I looked more closely, I found that the rugs were very grubby, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillow decidedly lumpy.

Next morning things got worse, the bath contained some local wildlife in the form of a couple of roach-like bugs, after they were 'flushed' we found that the shower clipped to the wall but couldn't be adjusted and so streamed down the wall, over the end of the bath and flooded the floor. Drying off wasn't the best experience either as the towels seemed to be made of light grade sandpaper.

Breakfast was a barely average continental offering with little choice, the orange "juice" was squash, the coffee was foul and every piece of crockery we used was chipped!

If I had chosen this hotel myself and was staying for more than a single night I would have been very unhappy. As an overnight stop on a packaged trip I have stayed in worse, but only just! We felt strongly enough to give the tour operator feedback on this one.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

uk
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I went with 3 kids aged 12,13 and 15 and myself a single parent and had a great time in Marrakesh for 1 week and then went down by car to Agadir for the second week,I found it extremely safe and the people very kind,happy and helpful.we stayed in the Hotel Oudaya,Marrakesh,which was pleasant and clean,the staff were very trusting and kept the room clean everyday.We had a choice of rooms when we arrived,either 2 new rooms at the back of the hotel,as there was an extension being built but overlooked the building works or two in the main building with balconies which over looked the pool,these rooms felt more ornate and were in keeping with the original hotel with dark tiled Morroccan decor,great in the summer, we went in April.The pool was clean and crisp at the time of year but everyone who stayed there seemed to enjoy it.We had breakfast included which did not alter throughout the week with croissant,pancakes and hot chocolate being thefavourite,if you wanted eggs,etc this would have been extra. I would definately stay there and recommend as a budget accomodation of better value,central location,with reliable,friendly helpful staff.

• Liked — Central location.
  • Disliked — The breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank dollybeau
england
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Hotel Oudaya was very clean but a bit soulless. The room was small but clean, the bathroom barely big enough to turn round in. Having read the description on Thomson's site I expected better. The hotel was very cold. The breakfast was basic, croissants, pastries, rolls, nothing else. The tea and coffee at breakfast tasted like the nastiest value stuff money can buy. The staff speak barely any english which makes it difficult to ask about anything.The bar in the evenings had no music playing just a giant flat screen TV blaring out programmes that we couldn't understand. Overall an OK hotel to use as a base but not sure it is worthy of its 3 * status.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — soulless
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JayneyB
surrey
Reviewed 11 January 2009

This Hotel was basic and the beds were tiny, I had to upgrade our room as we needed an extra bed I paid £40 extra.The bathroom had towels with holes in them and the toilet and shower didnt work. Reception staff arrogant and rude, took our bottle of coke off us as they said it was company rules not to bring drinks from outside even though the bottle was nearly empty, she was so rude and hostile. We needed to hire a car. The hotel made arrangements I was not impressed on the quality of the car for the price I paid £400,we also required a driver. It was then the nightmare really started his name is Badir, so stay clear of this guy he is bad news <driver from hell>. With regards to the hotel, things began to go missing out of our rooms. I approached the hotel about important documents and money that went missing, they wanted me just to go away from the reception area where people listened to my complaint. After the 2 days I was so happy to be out of Marrakesh, I wouldn?t recommend this hotel to anyone. So be warned.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The rude staff and dishonesty
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Review collected in partnership with EasyJetHotels

6 Thank pixi_7
Stafford, UK
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Just returned from a fantastic break in Marrakech! I booked this 3 night trip as a surprise for my other half's 40th birthday - I'd read previous reviews and went with an open mind.

The hotel itself is a great base, situated away from the main hussle and bussle, but just off the main street (Mohammed V)down to the medina (which is about a 40 minute walk). We were there for 3 nights and I've got to say all of the hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms were smallish size, but for the amount of time we were in the room, more than adequate - the air conditioning was a 'god send' and a must for this time of year in Marrakech!! The breakfast was basic, with pastries, bread and the berber pancake, which wasn't too good when it was cold, but there was fresh orange juice and tea and coffee!! In my opinion there was enough to start the day. Breakfast was served around the pool and terrace area, which was quite small, but a welcome retreat with the weather about 40 degrees - to be honest, we didn't have time to sit around the pool - there's just too much to see and do.

We took one of the Safe's for the room, which cost 20 dirhams a day (about £1.40) - which means you know your belongings are locked away - again, very reasonable we thought.

The staff in the hotel, in the main were friendly, but I would say that they appreciate the fact that we attempted french when asking for room keys, and being polite - how are you etc? There was one waiter in the breakfast room, who was surly and miserable, but he was the only one we came across at the hotel - you could get change and local maps from the 'old' reception and again we experienced friendly and helpful staff.

We found a brilliant air conditioned restaurant just down the road in the Hotel Amalay, the food was superb, including steaks, pork chops, pizza etc - we had 3 courses and drinks for around 200 dirhams (just short of £15) and the service was excellent - recommend a visit, if your tired legs won't take you far!!

All in all, we loved our time in Marrakech and I'm glad I chose this hotel - it had everything we needed as a base to explore the fantatsic city that is ....Marrakech.

Would we go back there? Yes, we would and we'd certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple