Hotel Oudaya
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
US$169
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$737
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Hi all,

Just got back from a 9 night stay at the Oudaya. I don't think I can add what has already been said in other reviews.

Didn't find it bad at all, nice clean rooms, aircon was not the best but was managable.
Breakfast - yes it was continental but it was ok when you wanted a bite to eat before going out for the day.

Hotel staff were helpful and didn't find anything a problem with them at all. When I decided to stay by the pool all day, they were happy to serve me cheese rolls and crisps or a meal if I wished. I didn't eat during my stay at the hotel as some of the restaurants overlooking the Djeema El Fna were very cheap and high quality.

Prepare to barter for everything, I was paying 20Dirham in the day and 30Dirham by night for taxis to and from the hotel. If they say no then walk away - they always take you!!

Use the little shop out front for snacks, drinks, etc as its much cheaper.

Hilali Tours near the Square were good value as I did a few day trips to Ourika Valley and Essouaria. Good prices too.

Pool was clean and well maintained.

It was a three star out of the hustle and bustle hotel and it was good value - I used Opodo and paid £390 inc flights for 9 days. Compared with a few others I saw that I nearly booked, I am glad I stayed here!

Hope this helps your decision.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Timster1973
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We have stayed 14 days in this hotel and with the right room location we had an excellent period. Realise that the hotel is basically for persons on a tour staying often one night only. Therefor the breakfast is not an american breakfast but a very nice local presentation. Service is excellent , especially the bar.
Ask for rooms with a balcony higher than groundfloor in the new wing. Room 27 is fantastic.
Michael/the Netherlands.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marrakech-9
Reviewed 26 April 2009

this location is good close to taxi rank and has easy access to several restaurants (would recommend Charleys round the corner) and not far from main souk by cab(dont pay more than 20 dirhams!!)
staff were adequate and the barman was very friendly and helpful. Please be warned that every body expects to be tipped and you have to pay 10% on all meals even if the service was inadequate!!
Do not pay more than 150 dirhams from airport to this hotel we stupidly paid 200 dirhams as we didnt haggle or know the distance (15 mins)
City tour bus great and recommended
Souks and night market brilliant experience but not for the faint hearted!
All in all a good trip

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank megjolie
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We only stayed here for one night, as part of a packaged trip to Marrakech.

My initial impressions weren't too bad, registering for the room went smoothly and the room itself didn't look too bad (a bit small but adequate). When I looked more closely, I found that the rugs were very grubby, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillow decidedly lumpy.

Next morning things got worse, the bath contained some local wildlife in the form of a couple of roach-like bugs, after they were 'flushed' we found that the shower clipped to the wall but couldn't be adjusted and so streamed down the wall, over the end of the bath and flooded the floor. Drying off wasn't the best experience either as the towels seemed to be made of light grade sandpaper.

Breakfast was a barely average continental offering with little choice, the orange "juice" was squash, the coffee was foul and every piece of crockery we used was chipped!

If I had chosen this hotel myself and was staying for more than a single night I would have been very unhappy. As an overnight stop on a packaged trip I have stayed in worse, but only just! We felt strongly enough to give the tour operator feedback on this one.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I went with 3 kids aged 12,13 and 15 and myself a single parent and had a great time in Marrakesh for 1 week and then went down by car to Agadir for the second week,I found it extremely safe and the people very kind,happy and helpful.we stayed in the Hotel Oudaya,Marrakesh,which was pleasant and clean,the staff were very trusting and kept the room clean everyday.We had a choice of rooms when we arrived,either 2 new rooms at the back of the hotel,as there was an extension being built but overlooked the building works or two in the main building with balconies which over looked the pool,these rooms felt more ornate and were in keeping with the original hotel with dark tiled Morroccan decor,great in the summer, we went in April.The pool was clean and crisp at the time of year but everyone who stayed there seemed to enjoy it.We had breakfast included which did not alter throughout the week with croissant,pancakes and hot chocolate being thefavourite,if you wanted eggs,etc this would have been extra. I would definately stay there and recommend as a budget accomodation of better value,central location,with reliable,friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank dollybeau