“Do NOT go there”

Ranked #399 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Bornholm, Denmark
“Do NOT go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

When there. Big mistake. I totally agree with all those who says the staff I horribly arrogant. Never even made it passed check-in. Took a cab and moved on.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank zigy_dk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

They didn't even serve fresh orange juice for breakfast! After 2 fabulous weeks in Morocco, this was a disappointment for our last night/morning. The staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful (don't know who the previous reviewer was dealing with!) and the breakfast was terrible. More like a continental breakfast at an American motel than a typical Moroccan breakfast, we were very disappointed.
It's an ok place to stay (lots of availability, fairly good-sized, clean rooms, decent location) but with zero charm. So nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either. I wouldn't stay here again, you can find much better in Marrakesh, which we had at the beginning of our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Dijon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

Hotel was a little noisy, because of uncarpetted and tiled floors.
Swimming pool didn't catch the sun during the christmas 2010 period.
BUT, the staff made up for everything - they could not do enough for you, they were absolutely fantastic.
They helped us at every opportunity.
They really were fantastic.
I would recommend this place on that alone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Before I stayed at this hotel I looked at previous reviews and was more than a little concerned about this hotel. However, I have to say that for what it is (a 2 star hotel) is was really good.

My room was clean and freshened up each day, the staff were friendly and helpful and did their best to help me with my requests and the location was perfect for my needs.

You need to remember a few things before you come here. English is most people's 3rd or 4th language - Morocco was a French colony so most things are done in French - that said I was able to communicate with most people with my schoolboy French from 20 years ago!!

There are a lot more French, German and Dutch tourists staying at the Oudaya than British but it just added to the atmosphere of the hotel - not detract from it. I found that by being polite, civil and not pushy I got a really good response from the staff.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the popular Centre of Marakkesh which suited me perfectly - there are plenty of restaurants nearby if you want to use them.

All in all i'd say this hotel deserves to be higher in the rankings for Marrakesh. I'd certainly be happy with staying there again in the future!!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Payrollpaul
Ledbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

we stayed in the Hotel Oudaya and were a bit dubious due to the bad reports that had been written about it but found it to be perfectly adequate and extremely good value. the staff were pleasant and polite the rooms clean and adequate and for B&B breakfast as good as most places. Good location for eating out at night and easily accessible to all other attractions. No problems at all and for the money very good value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
anywhere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I stayed here 1 night just to take my next morning plane. The pool in the patio looked dirty. The rooms are small, but with a little balcony. The airco was banging all night. The hotel is in a quiet street of Mohammed V where several similar hotels are. I paid 45 euro for a double room but just wasnt into the mood of hassling around for something better since I had to leave early the next day anyway. The wireless didnt work.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

Firstly I am not one of these people who enjoys complaining about everything. However I do speak the truth.

The staff was rude rude rude! I appreciate that there is a culture difference/language barrier but manners are still manners. They didn't make any effort to help us when we asked for directions. The worst service is in the restuarant. The service was incredibly slow and when the waitress did bring our bottle of wine she just slammed it on the table without opening the cork. So we had to wait another ten minutes until we could grab another waiters attention for him to bring a bottle opener. There was also another incident when they wanted to sit another couple with us whilst we was having dinner. When me and my sister pointed out that we was not prepared to do this (as it was our mother's birthday and it was private) the waiter actually moved us and let the other couple sit there. As a result we walked out.

As far as room service goes. Several times we asked for ice to be delivered to our rooms which they agreed they would do. They never did. In the end we just gave up expecting any type of customer service.

Another important fact is that the restuarant is not air conditions which made it almost unbearable if you was sitting inside. They do not provide white wine, just rose and red. They food is also terrible. Do not waste any time eating there. There are other places to eat around the corner. One I strongly recommend (as does another reviewer) is Hotel Amalaya. This is air conditioned, good customer service, good wine, good food and a good price.

One thing to point out as well is that the hotel is mainly catered for German guests who are staying there via Thompson Holiday company. No real opportunity to chat to other people if you like that sort of thing.

Advise to any parents that are staying there. Around the pool is extremely slippery so be warn your children to be careful when walking around as I saw many people almost slide over when walking down the steps to the pool area.

Lastly (on the negative) you could hear many construction noises throughout the day. Hardly the right sound effect to help a relaxing atmosphere by the pool.

On a positive note I have to say that the rooms are air conditioned, they're cleaned well and they provide you with fresh towls each morning.

I would never stay there ever again, I wouldn't reccommend it other than to close it down!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends