“Georgeous at all times”

Ranked #165 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
Marrakech
“Georgeous at all times”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I rated the Fitness centre as excellent as the fitness coaches, tennis and yoga teacher are very instruictive, even though the fitness center initself does not exist.
The venues garden is marvellous and the parfums of the plants and flowers make you feel happy. The owner of Jnane Tamsna certainly created an atmosphere for everybody to feel far away from daily life but yet at home. The decoration and paintings are unique. The medina is nearby, in less the 10 minutes you can reach the souks. No matter if I visted the place in winter or in summer it always fitted my needs. In winter I stay in front of the fire places in summer I hide under the tree's shade. It is certainly a place to come back again and again and AGAIN

Room Tip: the garden rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Jnane Tamsna was the perfect choice to relax after our two week stay in Morocco. Beautiful gardens, lovely room, friendly staff, many areas to read or chat, a little paradise......away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Marrakesh, but still close enough to hop in a taxi and stroll around this city full of surprises. We got home totally rested, and can´t wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Imries2014
Rungsted, Denmark
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My very first trip to this part of the world.
I was excited and full of curiosity about meeting the country Morocco, its people and especially the hotel Jnane Tamsna that we had found by chance on the internet.
We were completely blown off our feet when arriving at JnaneTamsna. Immediately, I had a sense of being in a place filled with love, amazing and extremely helpful people who all wanted to make our stay very special and wonderful. Meryanne, the owner, welcomed us as soon as we arrived, and she let us know that this was to be considered our home too.
The staff were fantastic and all went beyond expected, to make our stay extraordinary. They helped us arrange trips to the places and things we wanted to visit. Also driving they helped book. I felt very special there all through our stay.
The rooms and the entire hotel has been carefully and lovingly decorated and planned with amazing surroundings and the atmosphere there is magical.
JnaneTamsna is a place I wish everyone had the opportunity to experience. I know, I want to bring my family to this small paradise on earth, as I call it.

2 Thank CharlotteRahe
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Jnane Tamsna as a babymoon/honeymoon getaway. It was everything I'd imagined it would be, and more. I was greeted by the warm staff upon arrival, and led into the drawing room, gorgeously decorated with Morrocan paintings, tapestries and fresh roses. As my husband arrived earlier in the day, he was waiting for me by a grand fire, gin and tonic in hand- perfectly content British man.

Our room was gorgeous as well, and had a lovely fire that could be lit by the staff nightly. The walls were a rich red, decorated with black and white photographs of Moroccan royalty. The organic hand soap was rustically cut into squares, and smelled of spicy rosemary; while the organic shampoo and body soap smelled beautifully, as well.

The meals were made with fresh local produce, with olives, oil and bread to start. Much of the ingredients come from the beautiful surrounding gardens that fill the property. There are also numerous pools, so it was easy to feel a sense of privacy. The pool water even smelled nice! She does not use chlorine, which I appreciated.

After a few days at Jnane Tamsna, I felt at my pregnant best. Everything was fresh, healthy, and clean. I truly enjoyed the people who worked with Meryanne, as well. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I felt I had experienced some genuine Moroccan hospitality when we left!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn Z
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 2 April 2014

In March 2014 we visited Marrakech and Jnane Temsna and we immediately fell in love with this gorgeous place. Being three women in our 40s travelling together for the first time we couldn't have picked a better place for strolling in the garden, relaxing by one of the pools, having delicious lunches under the trees and lots of laughs in the salon in front of the fireplace. If you're into the 'hippie' boheme atmosphere and a casual but sincere staff who would do anything to make your stay as pleasant as possible you need to visit Meryanne and Garys hideaway.
We would love to go back - anytime!

1 Thank MayAdler
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a lovely stay here, I would always come back. The owners are such a pleasure too. We always felt like we were very well looked after. Food is fresh and delicious, highly recommended. If you're after a relaxing place in the Palmerie, this is it

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I returned for the third year running with my family at half term. This place is our slice of heaven - if you are looking for total peace, incredible food, beautiful rooms and wonderful, kind staff then you will not be disappointed. If you want mini bars and kids clubs this place is not for you! We are always impressed at the most delicious food and the attentive whilst not obtrusive staff.When my 7 year old son was recently asked to describe his relaxation place, he immediately said 'jnane Tamsna' We can't wait for our next trip.

• Stayed February 2014